Start by marking “HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN” as Want to Read:
HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN

HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  688 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Jerry Lawler is hailed as one of sports-entertainment's most enduring and colorful characters. His life has been filled with hilarious, never-been-told stories...until now His reign consists of thirteen championships (one of which he's held more than "forty" times), three marriages, and two children. He's dominated Memphis radio and television airwaves. Starred in feature...more
Published December 19th 2002 by Pocket Books (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN

Matt Murphy
Typical Hogan B.S. A dishonest autobiography and a complete waste of paper. It's too bad Hogan couldn't transform back into Terry Bollea long enough to write this, because he was a pop-culture icon who would have a great story to tell if he'd tell it right.
David
This book would have been a lot better if he had written it as Terry Bollea instead of in character as "Hulk Hogan." I got tired of reading "brother" after about every 2nd or 3rd sentence ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BOOK. I had to FORCE myself to finish it.
Reverenddave
I think this is an oral history. its like listening to Hulk Hogan talk to you. Every third sentence ends in "brother" or "let me tell you brother". Like the Hulkster himself its brilliantly over the top and as complex as a kids book
David
Excellent book. I read this book a few years ago, but just found this site. Great account of Hogans story from childhood to his days in the ring with the WWE/WWF
Matt Y
In this story Hollywood Hulk Hogan you learn about the famous wrestler Hulk Hogan. In the beginning he tells you about his older brother. He tells you how he was always in fights,and how his dad was a very hard working man. Then he goes into how overweight he was. Then he he see the awesome thing on t.v. now as wrestling.After that he says he stopped watching it in high school. Then he found a band to play in he became pretty rich.HE was able to buy to cars brand new,but no girl wanted to date...more
Tyrus Wong
Mar 20, 2012 Tyrus Wong rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
From Golden Sterling to Thunderlips to the man who forever changed pro-wrestling, the Incredible Hulk Hogan!

I've had the honor of meeting Terry Bollea twice back in his amazing AWA days and let me tell you something, brother...those were the best of the best days because every show was electric! Denver's Auditorium Arena was about blown off its foundation! There was never the excitement when Terry would take on Nick Bockwinkle and Bobby The Brain Heenan, and the rest of the Heenan family (Bobby...more
Nick
Jun 19, 2007 Nick rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: users, cheaters, six-time losers
Shelves: non-fiction
Back in 2004, when Hulkamania was still sweeping the nation, it swept over me. The spirit caught me and I fell down.

I read this nominally non-fiction book for a class on non-fiction book writing. This book on wrestling was supposed to give me a feel for the non-fiction book proposal I was writing on wrestling. And, I have to say that, although it did not help much in that regard, it was a lot of fun to read. I love wrestling.

Hollywood Hulk Hogan was trotted out to cash in on Hogan's rebirth as a...more
Eric
Amazingly quick book to read through. Not the best wrestling book but I have read worse ones.
John Cress
An ok book for a wrestling fan but nothing really shocking or eye opening which came out shortly after the Wrestlemania match with Hulk vs the Rock. One could definitely tell that Hulk had a ghost writer as many portions read as a promo. I enjoyed the book and I read a few pages here and there until I was done.
Victor Orozco
Good book though slightly flawed. Hogan truly has too much of an ego and it shows in his writing. This man elevated multiple wrestling companies to great success, yet he leaves out that he was culpable in some of their weakest moments. Nevertheless he is an amazing entertainer and worthy of praise. B+.
mark stephens
I like this book because it talks about how Hollywood Hulk Hogan where he grew up, talks about his mother and father, then he talks about him doing sports when he was little kid like Baseball. Then he talks about how he want and becomea Professional Wrestler. There is more to come.
Rob
Good book. I think Hulk's newer book (2009) is better written, and of course has newer more recent stuff in it. However, this book was enjoyable and an easy read. It had more stories and inside info on wrestling and his relationships and thoughts on other wrestlers.
Jono
I don't know how much of this book was actually written by Hulk Hogan, if any, but the end result is an often entertaining, sometimes funny, but always interesting glimpse at the man who pretty much single-handedly helped mould professional wrestling into the brand it is today.
Kelly Ghartey
Great book. Its about Hulk hogan (Used to wrestle) and about his life. The book is good and he is talking about his life all the way back when he was 5 years old and up to 50 years. Alot of Deatails since the book has about 500 pages. But really instresting book,
Luis Maggi
Excelente para conocer el mundo de la lucha libre como espectaculo, y las diferencias entre los considerados estrellas y aquellos que tienen que sufrir para subir, es verdaderamente una analogía de lo que muchas empresas hacen con sus empleados.
Reed
This book should have been titled "Hulk Hogan's Book of Simple Sentences." The longest chapter in this book is five pages and it gives no insight whatever into Hogan's career. By far the worst of the WWE published books.
Will
Were you are aware that Hogan/Andre was the draw for the Shea Stadium show that had the Bruno/Zbyszko cage match? No? Then you have a brain. Unlike Hulk Hogan.

And yes he really makes that claim in this book.
Bill
Heard the audio book of this, and while not particularly good in the classical sense of the word, it was still pretty entertaining, if only to hear Hogan constantly address you, the listener, as "brother."
Big
I read this a while back. It was interesting in part, but it was more of a "promote Hulk Hogan as he's a hot ticket right now" as opposed to an in depth biography of his life.
Michael Burgher
Unique read. Its written as hulk hogan rather than as the true man. If you go in knowing it is a read not o be taken too seriously, you will get some enjoyment out of the read.
Jenn
I enoyed reading how he worked his way up the ladder from working in shipyards to wrestling all over the world, there is alot of stories about him and andre the giant.
Tim Dunn
At times Hogan can come off a little much, this book is no exception. Take what you read with a grain of salt, but otherwise a fairly entertaining story.
Justin
This was a good read it was an easy one. Good history of the Hulk. He wrote it well to make a few books, maybe to give to his sons legal team?
Mr. Pease
As with many things Hogan-related, it's moderately enjoyable, and of questionable reliability. Only recommended for fans of The Hulkster.
Claude Willis
Contains little that most die-hard wrestling fans didn't already know, and yet I read it in a day, and couldn't put it down.
Damien Blood
Just what I thought.. It's a book more about his own ego than anything else.. He can't comtrol his own ego even in his book..
John
I enjoyed this book. I was a major wrestling fan growing up and reading this book was like a dose of nostalgia.
Dewayne
very fast, easy read. You get an overview of Hogan's career in wrestling and other TV adventures.
Brian
Decent account of what it was like to be the biggest name in the WWF for most of the 80's.
Michael
Clearly a story from just his point of view not all that bad a read but not too good
Hollywood Hulk Hogan 2 4 Jan 21, 2013 05:24PM
  • Controversy Creates Cash
  • WWE Encyclopedia - The Definitive Guide to World Wrestling Entertainment
  • If They Only Knew
  • Countdown to Lockdown: A Hardcore Journal
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • Death Clutch: My Story of Determination, Domination, and Survival
  • Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling
  • Volk's Game: A Novel
My Life Outside the Ring Bobby the Brain: Wrestling's Bad Boy Tells All The Mouth of the South: The Jimmy Hart Story The Unnatural Athlete