Start by marking “Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #321)

Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries) (The Red Choo Diaries #3)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  71 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Sex didn't scare her

Despite the success of her sultry Red Choo sex blog, it would take serious buzz to put Mercedes Brooks's first book of erotic fantasies on the bestseller list. And that meant agreeing to another showdown with her nemesis, the super-sexy TV pundit Sam Porter.

This thing beyond seduction did.

This time, though, the on-air innuendos were just a dress re

Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published May 1st 2007 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Seduction (The Red Choo Diaries)

Mojca
Another great story in my monthly challenge bunch, which makes me a happy and satisfied reader indeed.

Sam Porter fears he’s entering the dreaded mid-life crisis a bit early. The thirty-nine-year-old, conservative, political TV show host simply can’t forget the encounter with a sex-blogger twelve months ago. And as the opportunity arises to insert a ten-minute-long lighter theme into his show, he’s more than happy to invite Mercedes Brooks to be his guest again. If things move a bit further than
Jen
Jul 01, 2015 Jen rated it it was ok
I had a hard time getting into this once I learned the hero's political leanings. I guess I should just thank the Lord he didn't start spouting off tripe about how same-sex marriage is an abomination and women should have their reproductive futures decided by old, white men.

Regardless, something about this book was just... off for me. The characters really didn't seem to click and it was obvious that Mercedes had Daddy issues a mile wide. Falling for a much older guy didn't really seem romantic.
Megan
Mar 07, 2012 Megan rated it liked it
Not my favorite of the trilogy (the excerpts of Mercedes's erotica writing were skimworthy, and I didn't click with the characters as much as I did in the previous two Brooks family books), but a solid romance nonetheless. I did love the parts involving Andrew and Jamie (from the first book, Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries)) planning and executing their wedding, because they remained terrifically and hilariously in character.
Jen
Mar 05, 2010 Jen rated it really liked it
What I appreciate about O'Reilly's books are the kinds of characters she writes about. They're extraordinary achievers in seemingly mundane jobs, but each has a vulnerability that anyone can relate to. Sam Porter sounds really hot (maybe it's because he's into that unsexy thing that is current affairs and politics) and it's great to see Mercedes finally "get with" her equal in love and life.

Rating: 3.5/5
Netanella
May 22, 2011 Netanella rated it really liked it
Shelves: blaze
The first and the third in this series are the best. Although the male lead might seem a tad bit boring, his older steadfastness is a nice foil to the younger energy of an erotica writer. Very interesting characters and a good read!
Tasmia
Feb 26, 2010 Tasmia rated it really liked it
A tough-minded yet vulnerable heroine, too noble for her own good when it comes down to the wire. A brash yet surprisingly sensitive hero, adorable almost despite himself. A very hot and well-written story.
RedBecca
Sep 24, 2011 RedBecca rated it liked it
A solid 3 1/2. I'm enjoying reading this author but for some reason, and I can't quite put my finger on it, this one wasn't my favorite.
Katie Dee
Katie Dee rated it did not like it
Apr 14, 2016
Anita Kinggee
Anita Kinggee marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Wout
Wout added it
Feb 12, 2016
Nana
Nana marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Jan 17, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 17, 2016
Sandra
Sandra rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2016
Dag
Dag marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Debbie Diamond
Debbie Diamond marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Beat
Beat added it
Jan 07, 2016
Toni
Toni marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Rona
Rona rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2015
Wadzy Matt
Wadzy Matt marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2015
Angella Nelson
Angella Nelson marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
Ztyu
Ztyu marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Ashley Tyler
Ashley Tyler rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2015
Fabiana Alvarez
Fabiana Alvarez marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Romance Novel Boo...: An erotica writer and a TV show host - SOLVED 3 26 Feb 08, 2015 09:19AM
  • Kiss and Dwell (Harlequin Blaze #325)
  • The Ex-Girlfriends' Club (Harlequin Blaze #322)
  • Hot for Him (Harlequin Blaze, #326)
  • Underneath It All (Harlequin Blaze #344)(Million Dollar Secrets)
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside
  • Risking It All
  • My Front Page Scandal (Harlequin Blaze #352)
  • Highland Fling (Perfect Timing #2)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Blind Man's Alley
  • Overexposed (The Bad Girls Club)
  • Tall, Tanned & Texan (Harlequin Blaze #233)
  • Getting Old Is to Die For (Gladdy Gold, #4)
Kathleen O'Reilly wrote her first romance at the age of eleven, which to her undying embarrassment was read aloud to her class. After taking over twenty years to recover from the profound distress, she is now proud to announce her new career - a romance author. Kathleen lives in New York with her husband and their two children who outwit her daily.
More about Kathleen O'Reilly...

The Red Choo Diaries (3 books)
  • Beyond Breathless (The Red Choo Diaries) (Harlequin Blaze #297)
  • Beyond Daring (Harlequin Blaze #309)(The Red Choo Diaries, #2)

“- I like my shirts.
- It's plaid.
- There are no rules for shirts. Plaid is good.
- Plaid is bad. Although, if you went with a Scottish plaid in wool, it might be okay.
- I'm not dressing like some damned highlander, Mercedes.
- And the lumberjack look is okay?
- You don't like my shirt?”
3 likes
“No. I'm not buying a shirt."
I could buy you a shirt."
I don't need you to buy me a shirt."
Mercedes pulled him over to the nice GQ-dude who worked the department. "Tell him he needs a new shirt."
I don't need a new shirt."
Sir, you need a new shirt.”
2 likes