Start by marking “Billie Jo” as Want to Read:
Billie Jo

Billie Jo

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  321 ratings  ·  17 reviews
'Not once had Terry ever been hauled in by old bill. He was sure the filth was aware of him, as he had his fingers stuck in many pies, but he was a background man and that's the way he liked it. He made sure that he kept well away from the dodgy motors, the thieves and the yards...'

Terry - the lucky villain with a heart of gold - is riding for a fall. Michelle - the wife h
Published February 19th 2009 by Preface Publishing (first published July 3rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Billie Jo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billie Jo

Elaine
5 Stars

Billie Jo is the adored only child of wealthy villain, Terry, and Michelle, the drunken wife he hates. Knowing how much Billie Jo dreads her parents’ fights, Terry imagines that she’ll understand when he tells her he is going to leave Michelle to marry his pregnant secretary.

But fate is about to deal a terrible hand and change everything in a way Terry has not planned at all, leaving Billie Jo’s protected world in tatters.

Set in a world of villains and chancers, Kimberley Chamber’s brilli
Zoe
If you're a fan of Martina Cole and Jessie Keane - this is for you. This features the usual cliche characters you find in all the "underworld" books and had a simple approach to the writing. Due to the writing style, I found it very easy to get through this despite it being predictable.

If you're sensitive to bad language and sexual violence, I'd avoid this but these sort of books are all about being shocking and brutal in the descriptions. The storyline wasnt overly riveting but I certainly enj
Aileen
All the usual characters, the drunken mum, idolising father, princess daughter, no-good boyfriend with the diamond best mate and the villains in the background, set in the Essex towns. This was actually a very good read. I could feel sympathy with the main character and really wanted things to work out for her in the end. I'm not sure if there is a follow-up, the story did end tidily, but there is scope for another one. I'll have to investigate.
Lainy
Time Taken To Read - 1.5 days

Blurb From Goodreads

Set in a world of villa
Best Crime Books & More
Shockingly I only picked up my first Kimberley Chambers book at the end of last month. Since then I have gone and brought her first two books and devoured them both. The Betrayer was Kimberley's 3rd book and was a first class read. Her second book published Born Evil I loved but it wasn't a patch on The Betrayer. Seeing as Billie Jo was her debut novel I knew I would enjoy it but figured it wouldn't be as good as her more recent stuff. It is obvious to me whilst reading her books that her writin ...more
Tammi Ashbee
Thoroughly enjoyed this. Kimberley Chambers you can write !!
Kelly
I really liked this book, it flowed well with interesting characters & kept me wanting to read on & on which I did & finished it in a day and a half.
Chambers writing is similar to Martina Coles however Chambers adds humour in to the story but I think Cole has the edge with better endings as this is the one thing that I think let this book down.
After following Billie Jo's turmoils & troubles the quick happy ending was disappointing but I did really enjoy the rest of the book and
Lesley Broadhead
an ok read readers of marina cole will like this book
Jue
As per usual another very easy read from Kimberley.
Gemma
Good book. Look forward to reading the next one.
Louise
Sep 16, 2012 Louise added it
Shelves: lousreads
brilliant couldn't put it down , on to the next.
Jenny Mcnab
Loved it. Well done kc, another great read,
Mel
Loved it similar t to Martina Cole
Tanya
Good read but a bit predictable
Kirsty
Great book! Couldn't put it down.
Maureen Walsh
Great book, couldn't put it down
Tony Mullen
Tony Mullen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Hayley
Hayley added it
Jun 24, 2015
Maxine O'reilly
Maxine O'reilly is currently reading it
Jun 22, 2015
Sue1958
Sue1958 marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Chris Collins-georgiou
Chris Collins-georgiou marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Denise
Denise added it
Jun 30, 2015
Margaret Meehan
Margaret Meehan marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
  • Snatched
  • The Make
  • Dishonour
  • The Faithless
  • Trust Nobody
The Schemer The Feud (Mitchell's & O'Hara's #1) The Betrayer The Traitor (Mitchell's & O'Hara's #2) The Victim (Mitchell's & O'Hara's, #3)