The Deception (Baron, #3)

The Deception (Baron #3)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  736 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The complete revamping of Catherine Coulter's 1983 Signet Regency, An Intimate Deception, led to this: a full-bodied historical romance with a new beginning and a new ending.

Mass Market Paperback, Original Title "An Intimate Deception", 384 pages
Published November 4th 2003 by Signet (first published 1983)

Lynne Tull
Well, "The Offer", was tedious for the first half. Now, I can say "The Deception" was tedious for the second half. As much as I liked all of the characters in this series, their stories seemed to drag on and on. This was a rewrite of the its first publication. I found it lacking...for one thing, nothing more about the cat races which is touted on the back cover. Also,Charles' story from "The Offer" was left hanging. Ms. Coulter's website doesn't give any information about the stories and how the...more
Kassie
Really liked this book...great deception...until it was over....good story line...liked the characters.
Mariah
"The Deception" is a perfect title to this wonderful story. The plot kept you flipping through the pages,wondering when she'll spill her sceret to Her Duke. All the "Good" Characters were wonderful, and the "Bad" Characters (the villans) just as beautifuly written. It was fusturating to say the least, but what a Great Read. This book is a branch off the other books "The Offer" and "The wild Baron". Oh and the best Part about her books.. Within all the Violence and deceving, True love Conqures al...more
Annette Meier
Great story and adventure, not to mention the steamy romance too!
Ana Apostolova
Honestly THE best book from the series!!!
CJ - Drop Dead Cute
One of the first romance novels I read without having to sneak them from my mother! A cousin let me borrow this one and it was good. I didn't realize how much of a flavor of the Scarlet Pimpernel it had until much later in my life after reading the Baroness' work.

Interesting plot, nice sexual tension with a good 'release', and a decent historical fiction romance.
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
Ah, during my historical years. Ms. Coulter is a favourite of mine for historical romances. I've read pretty much every single book of hers. They all sort of blend together with the same formula. Damsel in distress is saved by white knight. White Knight's heart is moved by the love of a woman. Romantic and sweet.
Mar 28, 2012 Sarah rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I'm not a fan of stories that revolve around faux moral dilemmas: "can I do this evil thing in order to save a loved one's life?" (See also The Hunger Games) Dying for a friend is the ultimate expression of love; sinning for a friend is sick and twisted, just as wrong as sinning for any other reason.
Lady of the Lake
I like Catherine Coulter and her brand of humor that she gives to her characters. Which may or may not seem appropriate for people of that time in history. But having first "heard" a CC book read wonderfully by Ann Flosnic I have come to enjoy her type of character very much.
Rishi Diams
Made it to page 110. This book was incredibly difficult to read, with characters often reacting to things that the reader never sees happen. The hero is a lecher and - I'm guessing - that the heroine's problems would be easily solved if she only confided in him.
Dawn
Light reading romance with the best plot of the series. The conversation did not fit the times in the book, but the characters were likable. English versus French intrigue to bring Napoleon back to power. Predictable ending.
Colette
Lots of intrigue, majorly slow in places, I did a lot of skimming over some of the chapters. Sometimes there's only so much sexual angst you can read.
Mary Vilarino
Marginally better than the Countess. But only just. The characters were either black or white and totally unbelievable. In some cases downright stupid.
Lesli
Typical historical. Light, easy read. CC brings back some of her characters from other novels. I'm still wondering about those cat races.
Yorda
Sencillo y sin muchas pretensiones, pero divertido, consiguiendo dejarte en tensión de principio a fin.
Noemia
The last in the series and like the others not a very interesting story....5/10
Coralie
this was my 2nd book by her & I really don't care for her stories.
Amanda Williams
I had read this once before, but I still enjoyed it.
Youse
i liked it
its one of the awsomest book i have ever read
Jane Davis
Enjoyed it better listening than reading.
Cassandra
Okay, but not one of her best!
Deepak Pandey
good book to read once ..
Vicki Grinstead
Horrible could not finish.
Carol Anderson
The Baron Novels #3
Patty
Patty is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2014
Jenny
Jenny added it
Jul 27, 2014
  • Knight of Fire (Fire, #2)
  • Impulse
  • Tender Is the Storm
  • The Bridegroom (Captive Hearts, #4)
  • River Lady
  • Insatiable
  • In the Shadow of Midnight (Robin Hood, #2)
  • A Husband's Wicked Ways (Cavendish Square, #3)
  • Beguiled (Clan Mackenzie, #4)
  • Rogues' Reform (Lester Family, #1-3)
  • Petals on the River
  • Thorns of Eden
The Cove (FBI Thriller, #1) The Maze (FBI Thriller, #2) Split Second (FBI Thriller, #15) Eleventh Hour (FBI Thriller, #7) Point Blank (FBI Thriller #10)