Start by marking “Calor Intenso: (Intense Heat)” as Want to Read:
Calor Intenso: (Intense Heat)
Preview

Calor Intenso: (The Westmorelands #22)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  478 ratings  ·  42 reviews
En los brazos de una pasión abrasadoraAunque la aventura que el doctor Micah Westmoreland había tenido hacía mucho tiempo con Kalina Daniels había terminado demasiado repentinamente, sabía que ella no lo había olvidado. Y ahora que estaban trabajando codo con codo, no podía ignorar las chispas que todavía saltaban entre los dos.

En aquella ocasión, Micah no se plantearía su
Published December 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Calor Intenso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calor Intenso

Kim
This book was a complete dud. Kalina and Micah had an affair 2yrs ago, and all they talked about for more than half of this book was that affair, and most of the talking was done to themselves in their own heads. It really was quite boring. The term "2 yrs ago" was said so many times during this book it just became too much. Yes the reader knows 10 pages in that something went down between these two in the past, but to keep talking about it for 100+ pages of the book is just a complete waste of ...more
Dee
I have followed BJ's Westmoreland series since the beginning and enjoy catching up with them everythime a new book comes out.

I did like this one but I really felt that from the middle onwards it was rushed and towards the end we seemed to be going a million miles an hour......I think that if this book had more pages then a better job would have been done!
☂ ℬrandi
You had me with a case of long lost love. Dr. Micah Westmoreland works as an epidemiologist for the Center for Disease Control. Two years ago he had an all too brief (2 months), but hot and steamy affair with Dr. Kalina Daniels in Australia. The affair abruptly ended with Kalina's controlling father told her that Micah participated in their affair by her father's urging, only to keep her in Australia and away from a more dangerous assignment. Rather than talk to Micah, Kalina assumed it was the ...more
Lindsay
Amore
Ms. Jackson is back at it again, this time with the Denver Westmorelands. This clan seems to grow exponentially, each one sexier than the last. Feeling the Heat lets us into the world of Dr. Micah Westmoreland of the Center for Disease Control. He and his love interest, Dr. Kalina Daniels, had a brief hot and steamy affair two years ago while working on an epidemic is Australia. Kalina’s father, a military general, is obsessed with controlling his only daughter’s life after the death of his wife ...more
Tia
This was a super short novel, in fact I'd call it a novella and I can't say I'm all too impressed with it. I'm pretty darn sure it's part of a series of Westmoreland books, however this book was cheapened by so many things. Such as, the emotional barriers that author placed on the characters, the general plot of it all was hardly any plot. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy simplistic plots but this one had like three mini plots along with one regular one. What I can say way amazing was the passion ...more
Pearl
I love Brenda Jackson's romance novels, however, this one was so elementary and full of fluff. I'm glad that it was audible only 4hrs and I didn't have to spend too much time on it. I am really getting tried of the Westmoreland men "being the only one that ever made me feel this way" REALLY. Stop it.
Debbie
I read this book on my Kindle, but there is no Kindle version list for it on GoodReads.
Tqwana
I've been reading this series a long time, and I'm no longer as in love with them as before. I think it might be the writer's style. I'm not a fan of the choppy sentences. Sometimes, her descriptions toe the line of purple prose. And there are problems with flow and organization - which are more editorial than writing style; just putting a certain sentence at the beginning of a paragraph instead of the end would make a huge difference in many cases here. But, this book almost got a 2, simply bec ...more
Jadah
either it was me or the book but this book felt different than a lot of her other books...probably because the characters already knew each other and had a previous affair so them getting married after like, five weeks wasn't as weird...I mean, the characters have know each other for two years and some change, so them getting married after five more weeks wasn't as...unheard of as getting married after a two week affair...this book was different for me though.
Elizabeth Williams
Having been a fan of this author like forever, she is beyond brilliant. This is the story about a misunderstanding that doesn't seem as though it'll ever get resolved because the heroine is hard-headed and stubborn. In spite of that, I enjoyed this book as I knew I would,Brenda Jackson knows exactly how to bring on the heat.
Melinda
So this was a change from what I feel like is is typical for Ms. Jackson, but I did like. Dr. Kalina is a strong doctor with an overbearing and controlling father. A major misunderstanding in the past carries over into the future and Kalina's misguided sense of family loyalty leads to a hard row to hoe for Dr. Micah.

I really felt like Kalina should have let go of her hostility towards Micah sooner than she did. It seems obvious that her dad is a liar, but her real problem is not her dad and it'
Journe Cooper
Love It!

This book is awesome. I love the entire Westmoreland series. Brenda Jackson is a great writer ! ! ! ! !
Susan
Very good book. I liked the way that Micah admitted that he let his anger keep him from going after Kalina two years before. And that he was determined to prove to her he had been telling her the truth. Kalina had held on to her anger and hurt until they ended up working together again. As Micah did his best to show her who he really was and that she could trust him, she realized that she hadn't stopped caring for him. I enjoyed seeing their trip to Denver, and watching her get to know the other ...more
Nikole
Jackson never disappoints and this was no exception. Great story of loving without controlling and learning to trust.
Patricia Andrew
A feel good second chance at romance with some hotness included.
another set of eyes
I have really enjoyed reading the Westmoreland series.
Karen
Two years of separation did nothing to squelch the sizzling passion that Drs. Micah Westmoreland and Kalina Daniels obviously had for one another. Even after mistrust and misunderstanding was thrown into the mix, true love reigned supreme between these two lovers. This was an awesome love story, I especially liked how Micah knew who/what he wanted and did not let anything deter him.
Valerie
Another Westmoreland Love Story. I wish these guys were real!! Okay back to the review. I did enjoy this story. Even though most of the Westmoreland stories are kind of the same, this one did give more of a background lesson on the Westmoreland history and why the guys of this family are so close. As for the romance between Micah and Kalina was HOT once it got going.
Deloris
Ok where was the heat I love this author this book was so boring I skipped over a lot and still did not miss anything, Its like she keeps writing the same book and just changes the name and locations. I will continue to buy her books and I hope she improves on the stories because she is a very talented author but you would not know from reading this book.
Angela
Another good Westmoreland novel
Angela

I am a big fan of Brenda Jackson. This book, however, was not one of her best. It was very repetitive. And the story really didn't come to a good conclusion. As a fan I was very disappointed but I will continue to keep reading her books. I love this series but this one was dud.
Lily Luffy
I like that Brenda Jackson writes about successful African-Americans. But come on. All of her characters have to be millionaires, extremely intelligent & beautiful?! Can't we have just one couple who is alright financially but not wealthy? Maybe a couple that is average looking? LOL
Taz Will
Micha and Kalina's story was cute, I could understand her fathers concerns and her reaction to Micha. The two seemed just right for each other. The problems they faced seemed to be easy so you couldn't really see the love they had besides the sex but overall the story was good.
Kimberly
Another Westmoreland no longer single. Micah needed to prove he was innocent of any wrong doings towards Kalina. Kalina's stubbornness almost cost her the man of her dreams. I love Romance and this story did not disappoint. It had passion, love, and family love.
Tanya Mayes
Really enjoyed the book. Love how they mixed business and pleasure. Micah and Kalina good couple who broke up two years because of a lie her father told before but was still very much in love. They found their way back to each other
Shone
Aug 02, 2012 Shone rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: avid romance readers.
Father may not always know best, a lesson learned by Dr. Kalina Daniels the hard way. Pride is not always the best road to travel, Dr. Micah Westmoreland realized this when he sees Kalina across the banquet room two years later.
Monica
I enjoyed this book, it was a good short read, although it was rushed. I always give 5 stars to Brenda Jackson, and all of her books deserved it, I felt it was lacking something, so I gave it 4 stars...:-))
LaTonya
This wasn't one of my favorite books by Brenda Jackson and it was by far my least favorite of the Westmoreland series. I thought it was just okay.
Dorel
I'm so disappointed in this book it was so boring The Denver Westmorelad's were not so good like others I hope she doesn't write anymore.
  • A Touch of Persuasion (Men Of Wolff Mountain #2)
  • The Sheikh's Destiny (Desert Nights #3)
  • Sinful Chocolate
  • His Marriage to Remember
  • Caught in the Spotlight (Hollywood #1)
  • In His Brother's Place
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers, #5)
  • Imagine Us
  • Let It Be Me
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • The Rogue's Fortune (The Highest Bidder #5)
  • An Outrageous Proposal
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmoreland Series)
  • The Chase Is On (Silhouette Desire) (The Westmoreland Series)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmoreland Series)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (Silhouette Desire #1778) (The Westmoreland Series)
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)