Start by marking “Calor Intenso” as Want to Read:
Calor Intenso

Calor Intenso (The Westmorelands #22)

En los brazos de una pasión abrasadoraAunque la aventura que el doctor Micah Westmoreland había tenido hacía mucho tiempo con Kalina Daniels había terminado demasiado repentinamente, sabía que ella no lo había olvidado. Y ahora que estaban trabajando codo con codo, no podía ignorar las chispas que todavía saltaban entre los dos.

En aquella ocasión, Micah no se plantearía su
Published December 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Calor Intenso, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calor Intenso

Kim
Apr 09, 2012 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a complete dud. Kalina and Micah had an affair 2yrs ago, and all they talked about for more than half of this book was that affair, and most of the talking was done to themselves in their own heads. It really was quite boring. The term "2 yrs ago" was said so many times during this book it just became too much. Yes the reader knows 10 pages in that something went down between these two in the past, but to keep talking about it for 100+ pages of the book is just a complete waste of ...more
Dee
I have followed BJ's Westmoreland series since the beginning and enjoy catching up with them everythime a new book comes out.

I did like this one but I really felt that from the middle onwards it was rushed and towards the end we seemed to be going a million miles an hour......I think that if this book had more pages then a better job would have been done!
Layeshia Riddick
First off I love Brenda Jackson! She was one of the first African-American authors that I discovered back in the day. So she always holds a special place in my heart because I didn't know they existed when I discovered her. OK so this is the love journey of Kalina and Micah. These two doctors met years ago specifically two years ago and hit it off tremendously but they both only wanted to have a friends with benefits type of relationship. All is good until Kalina he's lied to by her father. She ...more
Pearl
Apr 19, 2013 Pearl rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I love Brenda Jackson's romance novels, however, this one was so elementary and full of fluff. I'm glad that it was audible only 4hrs and I didn't have to spend too much time on it. I am really getting tried of the Westmoreland men "being the only one that ever made me feel this way" REALLY. Stop it.
Nikole
Jan 08, 2015 Nikole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackson never disappoints and this was no exception. Great story of loving without controlling and learning to trust.
Kesha
Mar 04, 2013 Kesha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic heat.
Amore
Jun 07, 2012 Amore rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Jackson is back at it again, this time with the Denver Westmorelands. This clan seems to grow exponentially, each one sexier than the last. Feeling the Heat lets us into the world of Dr. Micah Westmoreland of the Center for Disease Control. He and his love interest, Dr. Kalina Daniels, had a brief hot and steamy affair two years ago while working on an epidemic is Australia. Kalina’s father, a military general, is obsessed with controlling his only daughter’s life after the death of his wife ...more
☂ ℬrandi
You had me with a case of long lost love. Dr. Micah Westmoreland works as an epidemiologist for the Center for Disease Control. Two years ago he had an all too brief (2 months), but hot and steamy affair with Dr. Kalina Daniels in Australia. The affair abruptly ended with Kalina's controlling father told her that Micah participated in their affair by her father's urging, only to keep her in Australia and away from a more dangerous assignment. Rather than talk to Micah, Kalina assumed it was the ...more
Lindsay
Aug 24, 2012 Lindsay rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tqwana
Oct 07, 2012 Tqwana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading this series a long time, and I'm no longer as in love with them as before. I think it might be the writer's style. I'm not a fan of the choppy sentences. Sometimes, her descriptions toe the line of purple prose. And there are problems with flow and organization - which are more editorial than writing style; just putting a certain sentence at the beginning of a paragraph instead of the end would make a huge difference in many cases here. But, this book almost got a 2, simply bec ...more
Tia
Mar 06, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a super short novel, in fact I'd call it a novella and I can't say I'm all too impressed with it. I'm pretty darn sure it's part of a series of Westmoreland books, however this book was cheapened by so many things. Such as, the emotional barriers that author placed on the characters, the general plot of it all was hardly any plot. Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy simplistic plots but this one had like three mini plots along with one regular one. What I can say way amazing was the passion ...more
Vi Louise
Sep 29, 2015 Vi Louise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, aa-fiction, romance
AA romance is a relatively new genre for me. I'm embracing it with the help of Brenda Jackson and Beverly Jenkins. This is an episode of the Westmoreland family that is an easy read and helps to transition from any title that one feels they need a break.

I like Ms. Jackson's romance style - intimate situations are written classily (IMO) making it effortless for me to enjoy.

LaTonya
Jan 24, 2013 LaTonya rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This wasn't one of my favorite books by Brenda Jackson and it was by far my least favorite of the Westmoreland series. I thought it was just okay.
Debbie
May 07, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book on my Kindle, but there is no Kindle version list for it on GoodReads.
Melinda
Oct 31, 2013 Melinda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
So this was a change from what I feel like is is typical for Ms. Jackson, but I did like. Dr. Kalina is a strong doctor with an overbearing and controlling father. A major misunderstanding in the past carries over into the future and Kalina's misguided sense of family loyalty leads to a hard row to hoe for Dr. Micah.

I really felt like Kalina should have let go of her hostility towards Micah sooner than she did. It seems obvious that her dad is a liar, but her real problem is not her dad and it'
Ladysatel
Dr. Micah Westmoreland and Dr. Kalinda Daniels are both epidemologists with the CDC. Two years ago they had a brief affair in Sydney, Australia. Both agreed it was no strings attached.

After returning to Washington Kalinda overheard her father, General Neil Daniels indicating that the affair had been set up by him to keep her away from China during the epidemic there. Since then Kalinda has loathed Micah.

Micah is determined to win back Kalinda and prove to her that what she thought is wrong. Her
Susan
Very good book. I liked the way that Micah admitted that he let his anger keep him from going after Kalina two years before. And that he was determined to prove to her he had been telling her the truth. Kalina had held on to her anger and hurt until they ended up working together again. As Micah did his best to show her who he really was and that she could trust him, she realized that she hadn't stopped caring for him. I enjoyed seeing their trip to Denver, and watching her get to know the other ...more
Jadah
Apr 05, 2014 Jadah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
either it was me or the book but this book felt different than a lot of her other books...probably because the characters already knew each other and had a previous affair so them getting married after like, five weeks wasn't as weird...I mean, the characters have know each other for two years and some change, so them getting married after five more weeks wasn't as...unheard of as getting married after a two week affair...this book was different for me though.
Valerie
Feb 25, 2013 Valerie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-only
Another Westmoreland Love Story. I wish these guys were real!! Okay back to the review. I did enjoy this story. Even though most of the Westmoreland stories are kind of the same, this one did give more of a background lesson on the Westmoreland history and why the guys of this family are so close. As for the romance between Micah and Kalina was HOT once it got going.
Deloris
Ok where was the heat I love this author this book was so boring I skipped over a lot and still did not miss anything, Its like she keeps writing the same book and just changes the name and locations. I will continue to buy her books and I hope she improves on the stories because she is a very talented author but you would not know from reading this book.
Karen
Nov 04, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Two years of separation did nothing to squelch the sizzling passion that Drs. Micah Westmoreland and Kalina Daniels obviously had for one another. Even after mistrust and misunderstanding was thrown into the mix, true love reigned supreme between these two lovers. This was an awesome love story, I especially liked how Micah knew who/what he wanted and did not let anything deter him.
Elizabeth Williams
Having been a fan of this author like forever, she is beyond brilliant. This is the story about a misunderstanding that doesn't seem as though it'll ever get resolved because the heroine is hard-headed and stubborn. In spite of that, I enjoyed this book as I knew I would,Brenda Jackson knows exactly how to bring on the heat.
Edna C. Brooks
Jan 02, 2016 Edna C. Brooks rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

Great book. I was so intrigued with the story line and characters in this book. Brenda Jackson has done it once again! I recommend this book, furthermore all her books as a much read. What a talented writer/author she is. Well done Brenda...well done. Christy Brooks- Virginia
Shawnette
It started off slow...and it took me a LONG minute to get through it...but it picked up in the later chapters...and I actually started to ENJOY Micah and Kalina's rekindled romance...I love when the whole Westmoreland family gets together...it's ALWAYS nice catching up with their goings-on.
Shone
Aug 02, 2012 Shone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: avid romance readers.
Father may not always know best, a lesson learned by Dr. Kalina Daniels the hard way. Pride is not always the best road to travel, Dr. Micah Westmoreland realized this when he sees Kalina across the banquet room two years later.
Taz Will
Micha and Kalina's story was cute, I could understand her fathers concerns and her reaction to Micha. The two seemed just right for each other. The problems they faced seemed to be easy so you couldn't really see the love they had besides the sex but overall the story was good.
Tanya Mayes
Jan 15, 2013 Tanya Mayes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin-desire
Really enjoyed the book. Love how they mixed business and pleasure. Micah and Kalina good couple who broke up two years because of a lie her father told before but was still very much in love. They found their way back to each other
Monica
Apr 02, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, it was a good short read, although it was rushed. I always give 5 stars to Brenda Jackson, and all of her books deserved it, I felt it was lacking something, so I gave it 4 stars...:-))
Denise Palma
Jan 05, 2015 Denise Palma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual Brenda has done it to me again and I have added this book as another Westmoreland favorite! So far I loved all of them but I do have my favorites and Micah is definitely one of them. I am trying to read all of the series before Bailey and Bane stories come out so on to the next book!
Angela
Sep 15, 2012 Angela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I am a big fan of Brenda Jackson. This book, however, was not one of her best. It was very repetitive. And the story really didn't come to a good conclusion. As a fan I was very disappointed but I will continue to keep reading her books. I love this series but this one was dud.
  • Working Man
  • A Touch of Persuasion (Men Of Wolff Mountain #2)
  • The Sheikh's Destiny (Desert Nights #3)
  • My Only Desire
  • In Bed with the Opposition (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #6)
  • Caught in the Spotlight (Hollywood, #1)
  • Imagine Us (Mayne Attraction #2)
  • What Lies Beneath
  • The Lone Star Cinderella (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul, #5)
  • Exposed: Her Undercover Millionaire (The Takeover, #5)
  • A Man of His Word (Lawyers in Love, #1)
  • A Tangled Affair (The Pearl House #2)
  • Secret Son, Convenient Wife (Billionaires and Babies, #15)
  • Seduced: The Unexpected Virgin (The Takeover, #2)
  • Playing For Keeps (The Alpha Brotherhood, #3)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancée (The Takeover, #4)
  • With Just One Kiss
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)