Start by marking “Nietzsche and Postmodernism” as Want to Read:
Nietzsche and Postmodernism

Nietzsche and Postmodernism

3.34 of 5 stars 3.34  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The entire Who's Who of postmodern thought--Derrida, Foucault, Baudrillard, Lyotard and others, can trace their philosophical ancestry to Nietzsche's radical relativism.
Published August 16th 1995 by Totem Books

To ask other readers questions about Nietzsche and Postmodernism, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nietzsche and Postmodernism

Jimmy
Nietzsche believed that 2,000 years of Christian beliefs were coming to an end. Nearly all of the key ideas in Western thought were just "metaphysics." He wanted to confront this honestly. He said, "At last the horizon appears free again to us, even granted that it's not bright, at last our ships may venture out again. . . . the sea, our sea lied open again; perhaps there never has been such an 'open sea.'"

Nietzsche seemed to know he was a prophet. In photographs, he has a ridiculous walrus mou
Niall
Great little book I bought from a use book store on my rambles in Dublin for 4.

It's a great introduction to Neitzsche and his philosophies as well as his influences. The part in the back which explains Neitzsche's key ideas in very short, concise, informative and digestable paragraphs is excellent. A must read for those beginning study on Neitzsche or even for those struggling with his ideas. An interesting work even still if you are familiar with Neitzsche to any degree.

I really enjoy this ser
Pooya Kiani
بد نبود. همچینم خوب نبود. به هر حال خوندمش، ما که بخیل نیستیم :))
Tazar Oo
if, as you have said, all the interesting people are missing in heaven, where can i find you Nietzsche?

In some remote corner . . . of the universe there was once a star on which clever animals invented
knowledge. It was the most arrogant and mendacious moment of ‘universal history’ . . .
_Nietzsche

Fernando Navarro
I'm very novice in the realm of philosophy, and thanks to a friend of mine I started to like it. I have always heard about Nietzsche and his work, obviously not deep, but I had some misconceptions about him. I have to say that he has really interesting thoughts and very different from other philosophers that I've read. I think he was "wild" in the way that he thought, I don't know if he was very serious or may be he was a "joker" but my point is that he really gave some good ideas about truth an ...more
Brent McCulley
A fantastic book that outlines Nietzschean thought in a general sense in light of the classical understanding of existentialism. This book not only was a delight to read, but it was refreshing to engage in such a light-hearted analysis of Nietzsche in light of existential thought, rather than a critical examination of his works, etc.

What I liked about Robinson's treatment the most was evaluation of Nietzsche's doctrines, split up into distinct names and categorized in light of the origination of
Christopher James
Another tiny little philosophy book I found in my local Oxfam shop (they do a good line in them...)

It's written from postmodernist perspective, and just asks if Nietzsche should be included or not, without giving too much background into either.

After 80 odd pages it comes up with 'probably'.

Could have said that on page one really.

Still, it's an interesting discussion and there's worse ways to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon, so I'll give it a '3'.
Amir
It was an ordinary book in my opinion, good for general knowledge in philosophy but by reading this you couldn't know much about Nietzsche's Ideas and idealogies. it is just a kind of a long article about Nietzsche without payning much attecntion to the details.
Daniel
This book is good for Introducing the reader to Nietzsche's work.

It doesn't have, however, either in depth analysis or technical analysis of Nietzsche core ideas.
Alex Elman
This book simply served as a quickly digestible overview of Nietzsche's work. It is incredibly terse yet enlightening and nowhere close to an exhaustive summary.

RAMAK
Such a ridicule one. if u wanna know about po-mo or even nietzsche, u'd better try other books....
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Karlo
Karlo added it
Jun 01, 2015
Yasin
Yasin marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Lidija di Cattuni
Lidija di Cattuni marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
George
George added it
Mar 06, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Samanta
Samanta marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Linus Vieira
Linus Vieira marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
More about Dave Robinson...
Introducing Philosophy Introducing Plato Introducing Kierkegaard Introducing Ethics Introducing Descartes