Start by marking “Wildlife Warrior: Steve Irwin: 1962 - 2006, a Man Who Changed the World” as Want to Read:
Wildlife Warrior: Steve Irwin: 1962 - 2006, a Man Who Changed the World

Wildlife Warrior: Steve Irwin: 1962 - 2006, a Man Who Changed the World

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Wildlife Warrior Steve Irwin's tragic death made headline news around the world. A man who as the Crocodile Hunter touched and changed lives everywhere. This book charts his amazing life. It follows his love story with his wife and his rise to fame. It details his lesser-known work saving endangered habitats and furthering knowledge of crocodile behaviour. Full description
Published November 15th 2006 by New Holland Publishing Australia Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Wildlife Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildlife Warrior

Darcy Baines
Wildlife Warrior is a detailed insight into the life of Steve Irwin, an inspiration to my generation of (now almost fully grown) kids.

This book is full of depth, and leads us through Steve's early life, all the way through to his untimely death, with a devastating final chapter in which Steve's memorial service is recounted.

There were plenty of tears while reading this, as I remembered again what it felt like being 9 years old and finding out that my hero had passed. Even then, after days of g
David
The story starts with the shocking news the world received in '06. Readers then see how it happened, and then are treated to Steve's adventures: from his childhood, growing up, meeting Terri, becoming a father, filming a movie, and running a zoo. The closing chapter is of the funeral, bringing the biography back to the opening.

Steve Irwin was a hero of mine during my teens. I had one of those green Wildlife Warrior bracelets. It wouldn't surprise me if part of my decision to study Outdoor Educat
Fryke Koegler
It's a nice overview of the events surrounding Steve's death, and his life too (though for that you could also just read Terri's Steve and Me), but it just had a little bit too much repetition and felt more like a 200-page praise of the man (which he totally deserves btw)
Aileen
This book gave you a real insight into how everyone reacted to Steve Irwin's death. It gave you a bit of his background about how his Australia Zoo came about, but most of all it showed what Steve Irwin was all about, not about the fame and fortune, he was about looking after his family and the wildlife, whatever it may be. The last chapter brought tears to my eyes.
I remember exactly where I was when I heard on the radio that Steve Irwin had been killed by a sting ray barb. I was in my car on m
Brenda
I started reading this biography to assist my son with a report. Long after the report is done and turned in, I found myself still reading this book. The author has a straight forward way of writing. I really enjoyed Steve's definition or outlook of "awareness." "We've got to be aware of what's happening around us and if we see something that worries us, we've got to do something about it." This author pays tribute to a true, "Wildlife Warrior," without making it so overly good the reader looses ...more
Rhona Crawford
"Crikey, wadda beauty!"

Anyone who watched "The Crocodile Hunter" fell in love with the mad Aussie and we were all stunned when we heard about his death. He is still my youngest daughter's hero - also a little wildlife warrior in the making.

The book is a fitting tribute to a man who made a difference and a life well-lived and worthwhile because of the difference he made.
Ashlie
I thought that this was very informative. It is about Steve Irwin. From his childhood to his death he always had a love for animals. Sure he might of fed a crocidile while holding a one month old baby. He is my rolemodel. I recomend this book to people who knew who he was and like him.
Christine Lea-sneddon
I have always loved and enjoyed Steve Irwin and after reading this I had that much more appreciation for him and what he did. He is one of the few people that I can genuinely call my hero.
Brenda
Anything with Steve Irwin or his family, I love!! He was not only a great conservationist, but a wonderful role model for anyone. His life was amazing!
Trish
Followed the man for years...miss him so much. Was glad to get to read about the early days!
V.R.
Good book. Objective and respectful account of Steve Irwin's life and untimely death.
Tiffaney Allen
i thought it was good because.. i loved the steve shows
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Michaela Dunaway
Michaela Dunaway marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Tinneal
Tinneal marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Heidi
Heidi added it
Jul 21, 2015
Diana Jaber
Diana Jaber marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
فاطمة الحربي
فاطمة الحربي marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Quinten Turner
Quinten Turner marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Morgan Crawford
Morgan Crawford marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bloodstain: The Vanishing Of Peter Falconio Highway to Nowhere The Coconut War: Vanuatu and the Struggle for Independence Betrayed Swamp: Who Killed Margaret Clement?