Start by marking “Wildlife Warrior: Steve Irwin: 1962 - 2006, a Man Who Changed the World” as Want to Read:
Wildlife Warrior: Steve Irwin: 1962 - 2006, a Man Who Changed the World

Wildlife Warrior: Steve Irwin: 1962 - 2006, a Man Who Changed the World

Wildlife Warrior Steve Irwin's tragic death made headline news around the world. A man who as the Crocodile Hunter touched and changed lives everywhere. This book charts his amazing life. It follows his love story with his wife and his rise to fame. It details his lesser-known work saving endangered habitats and furthering knowledge of crocodile behaviour. Full description
Published November 15th 2006 by New Holland Publishing Australia Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Wildlife Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildlife Warrior

Darcy Baines
Aug 30, 2015 Darcy Baines rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
Wildlife Warrior is a detailed insight into the life of Steve Irwin, an inspiration to my generation of (now almost fully grown) kids.

This book is full of depth, and leads us through Steve's early life, all the way through to his untimely death, with a devastating final chapter in which Steve's memorial service is recounted.

There were plenty of tears while reading this, as I remembered again what it felt like being 9 years old and finding out that my hero had passed. Even then, after days of g
Wendy Mills
Sep 03, 2015 Wendy Mills rated it it was amazing
Steve Irwin was a wildlife hero. The writer did a wonderful job in capturing the amazing and unique character who was Steve Irwin. All the important moments of Irwin’s life was touched upon, including his shocking death. Along with the heart-wrenching ones that followed as his family, friends, and the world as a whole tried to deal with his loss and what it meant for them and wildlife everywhere.
Aileen
Feb 04, 2013 Aileen rated it really liked it
This book gave you a real insight into how everyone reacted to Steve Irwin's death. It gave you a bit of his background about how his Australia Zoo came about, but most of all it showed what Steve Irwin was all about, not about the fame and fortune, he was about looking after his family and the wildlife, whatever it may be. The last chapter brought tears to my eyes.
I remember exactly where I was when I heard on the radio that Steve Irwin had been killed by a sting ray barb. I was in my car on m
David
Jul 26, 2014 David rated it really liked it
The story starts with the shocking news the world received in '06. Readers then see how it happened, and then are treated to Steve's adventures: from his childhood, growing up, meeting Terri, becoming a father, filming a movie, and running a zoo. The closing chapter is of the funeral, bringing the biography back to the opening.

Steve Irwin was a hero of mine during my teens. I had one of those green Wildlife Warrior bracelets. It wouldn't surprise me if part of my decision to study Outdoor Educat
Brenda
Mar 15, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
I started reading this biography to assist my son with a report. Long after the report is done and turned in, I found myself still reading this book. The author has a straight forward way of writing. I really enjoyed Steve's definition or outlook of "awareness." "We've got to be aware of what's happening around us and if we see something that worries us, we've got to do something about it." This author pays tribute to a true, "Wildlife Warrior," without making it so overly good the reader looses ...more
SouthWestZippy
Jan 15, 2016 SouthWestZippy rated it it was amazing
First off I am a huge fan of Steve Irwin and his wife. This was not a easy read for me but I learned so much and grateful for finishing it. Richard Shears did a wonderful job keeping it real by being honest about Steve, his lifestyle,love for animals, his wife and kids. I highly recommend this touching book about a awesome man.
Rhona Crawford
Jan 02, 2015 Rhona Crawford rated it really liked it
"Crikey, wadda beauty!"

Anyone who watched "The Crocodile Hunter" fell in love with the mad Aussie and we were all stunned when we heard about his death. He is still my youngest daughter's hero - also a little wildlife warrior in the making.

The book is a fitting tribute to a man who made a difference and a life well-lived and worthwhile because of the difference he made.
Ashlie
Dec 16, 2011 Ashlie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography
I thought that this was very informative. It is about Steve Irwin. From his childhood to his death he always had a love for animals. Sure he might of fed a crocidile while holding a one month old baby. He is my rolemodel. I recomend this book to people who knew who he was and like him.
Fryke Koegler
May 19, 2014 Fryke Koegler rated it liked it
It's a nice overview of the events surrounding Steve's death, and his life too (though for that you could also just read Terri's Steve and Me), but it just had a little bit too much repetition and felt more like a 200-page praise of the man (which he totally deserves btw)
Mar 02, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
What can I even say? Crikey, I suppose. This book was a great account of Wildlife Warrior Steve Irwin, but it made me cry a lot. I cried through the first three chapters, and again through the last. It was good though.
Brenda
Feb 21, 2008 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Anything with Steve Irwin or his family, I love!! He was not only a great conservationist, but a wonderful role model for anyone. His life was amazing!
Christine Lea-sneddon
Sep 18, 2012 Christine Lea-sneddon rated it really liked it
I have always loved and enjoyed Steve Irwin and after reading this I had that much more appreciation for him and what he did. He is one of the few people that I can genuinely call my hero.
Trish
May 17, 2013 Trish rated it really liked it
Followed the man for years...miss him so much. Was glad to get to read about the early days!
Tiffaney Allen
Apr 17, 2012 Tiffaney Allen rated it really liked it
i thought it was good because.. i loved the steve shows
Kendra
Kendra rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Rehuel Laurensius
Rehuel Laurensius rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2012
Steve Jones
Steve Jones rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2016
Patricia L Joubert
Patricia L Joubert rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Yellowtea
Yellowtea rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2012
Oddleif
Oddleif rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2015
Matt Wall
Matt Wall rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2017
raysha davis
raysha davis rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Donnaludwig
Donnaludwig rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2012
Ali
Ali rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2014
Lynette
Lynette rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Ambara
Ambara rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2013
Brianne Schreck
Brianne Schreck rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Sylvia
Sylvia rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2012
Wendi'igo
Wendi'igo rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2011
Danielle Meyer
Danielle Meyer rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2008