Start by marking “The Mole and the Owl: A Romantic Fable about Braving the Wide World for Love” as Want to Read:
The Mole and the Owl: A Romantic Fable about Braving the Wide World for Love

The Mole and the Owl: A Romantic Fable about Braving the Wide World for Love

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Our "Young Spirit" line is dedicated to providing quality children's books that stimulate the intellect, teach valuable lessons, and help young spirits grow. We invite you to bring these wonderful books into the lives of the new readers you love, and give them the key to a whole new world.A timeless love story ... When a timid mole goes in search of his lost love, a white...more
Published February 1st 1998 by Young Spirit Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about The Mole and the Owl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mole and the Owl

MaryAnn Harlan
I found this online before it was published and I loved it, was excited to see it make it into print. Now I keep it on my shelf, which I don't with a whole lot of books - not enough room.
Brian
The sentimental will love this book with its lyrical prose, extended use of metaphor, and message of the binding power of love. It was a bit too flowery for my taste, the author needn't have explained the mole's growth at each stage (it was pretty obvious), and children would get completely lost in the figurative language, I believe, but I'm sure this book has an audience of adults who will devour it, probably the same ones who adore Robert Munsch's Love You Forever.
Tonya
Interesting ... I read it in the tub ... a fairy fale fable type love story about a mole looking for his true love, the owl, who has gone missing.
Becky Fenton
A fabulous quick-read about the power of love. The power to change people and to accept others though different.
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Andy Williams
Andy Williams marked it as to-read
May 08, 2013
Rosy Boda
Rosy Boda marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Sara Kamibayashi
Sara Kamibayashi marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2011
Kaleigh
Kaleigh marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2009
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2009
Marcella
Marcella marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2008
Look Out, Tomorrow, Here We Come! (Kid, Inc. Collection, #1) The Batcave of Childhood: The Second Kid, Inc. Comic Strip Collection Kid, Inc. - Look Out, Tomorrow, Here We Come! Kid, Inc.: Look Out Tomorrow, Here We Come! (A Kid, Inc. Collection)