Start by marking “The Skypirate (Coalition Rebellion, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Skypirate (Coalition Rebellion, #2)

The Skypirate (Coalition Rebellion #2)

Dax, a skypirate hunted to the ends of the universe by the cruel interstellar Coalition, can't escape the allure of Captain Califa Claxton. A chance to destroy the Coalition awaits them, and in the white heat of their explosive union a new bond may be forged - souls joined by a magnificent love.

Book 2 of The Coalition Rebellion Novels
Published February 1st 1995 by Topaz

To ask other readers questions about The Skypirate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Skypirate

Mollie *scoutrmom*
Apr 13, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of futuristic romance
I really liked the way this book dealt with the theme of forgiveness. It is one thing to be able to forgive another for the hurts they have done, it is quite another to be able to forgive oneself for hurts done to others.

One does not need to have read Lord of the Storm by Justine Davis to understand this work of hers, but the events in that story are referred to in this story often. This is a good standalone, but the events of the first book throw quite a different light on the collaring of Cali
Tory Michaels
Jan 04, 2015 Tory Michaels rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
This was a fantastic sci-fi romance. I wish I'd read the first book so I had a better grounding in the universe - I'll have to look it up. Califa was a great character in how she grew over the course of the book, from the slave freed by Dax with the leftover arrogances of a former member of the Coalition to actually wanting to help break the Coalition's back.

Dax - wow. Swoon worthy and a space pirate. What's not to love? I adored the fact that he seriously had issues when he found out the true a
Netanella
Nov 25, 2009 Netanella rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
*dreamy sigh*
and I love the cover. Pure escapism, well written, excellent blend of scifi and romance.
Krissys
Nov 28, 2014 Krissys rated it it was amazing
Shelves: featured-books, star
I recieved a digital copy in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley and Bell Bridge.

The Skypirate is a story that in my mind predated paranormal romance before it became such a huge trend. Justine has always been a strong writer and I have always loved her books. I am glad to see Skypirate get a new cover and see it get rebirthed because its always been one of my favorites.
Skypirate is the second book in the Coalition series and I would suggest starting at the beginning with the first bo
Julia
Jul 15, 2017 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Paranormal Romance
When storming a slave camp for an imprisoned crew mate, the hero is forced to free a fellow prisoner when she threatens him with the exposure of his identity. The heroine was once an enemy captain and a slave owner before becoming a slave herself. When it comes to light who and what she was, the hero is absolutely disgusted with her. But he's smart enough, and attracted to her enough to let her explain herself. She became a slave when she refused to expose her only friend as a enemy sympathizer ...more
Eva Millien
Nov 30, 2014 Eva Millien rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One is driven by revenge, the other has an unforgivable past, both are bound by a love neither expected nor wanted and for atonement they will risk everything for the rebellion in this thrilling sci-fi romance.

A fast pace and smooth flowing plot keeps readers on the edge of their seats with suspense, action and romance. The reader can’t help but get caught up in this emotionally gripping tale of two unlikely lovers as their unexpected attraction to each other burns with hot passion from every pa
Heather
I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I loved LORD OF THE STORM. While I can't say I enjoyed SKYPIRATE quite as much, I did appreciate it. There was a lot of cheesiness (so much cheesiness), and the plot seemed to drag, but I liked the characters for the most part (except when they were busy being martyrs to self-inflicted emotional punishment).

These are some of my favorite passages, all of them relating to the romance (cheesiness ahead):

But this was the first time a w
Linda
Apr 29, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
What happens when a man who can't forgive himself meets a woman who requires redemption? A futuristic romance called THE SKYPIRATE. I read it as a stand-alone but it would have helped to understand all the secondary characters better if I read LORD OF THE STORM first.

It was surprisingly stronger than most visionary romances written in the 1990's. Believe me I should know, I have read enough of them. Dax Silverbrake- OK, Ms. Davis could have come up with a better last name- is an enigma of sorts.
Melania Ramona
Nov 12, 2010 Melania Ramona rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
2013, August 30 - re-read

The second (and unfortunately final) Coalition book...
I absolutely loved "Lord of the Storm" and "The Skypirate" was just as well written and full of strong themes and emotions. It was a bit slow at times - because I think the story is mainly character driven, not action driven (although there are some action scenes) - but it was still great.
I found it hard to believe this book was written in the 90's. The love scenes are hot, but this is not an erotic book. This author
namericanwordcat
I love the adventure, romance and world building. I read this years ago an it solidified my love of Science Fiction Romance. Davis is an excellent storyteller and builds character you will adore and believe in. Most of you will want their happily ever after as you rocket around in their wonderful world.

The rereading was joyful. Such fun!

I was giving this book for my honest review. So, there you have it!
LJ
Jan 16, 2008 LJ rated it really liked it
The Skypirate - VG
Davis, Justine (aka Justine Dare)

Very enjoyable
Julie
Oct 17, 2014 Julie rated it it was ok
it ws ok
Wendy Black
Nov 16, 2014 Wendy Black rated it it was ok
Received a copy via netgalley in exchange for and honest review....

I liked this story but like some of the other reviewers had also said was slow to get through.
Susan
Apr 25, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: usa-library
Slow gettg into, Dax grt chrctr, Califa hard 2 accept change frm 1st stry; othr ppl grt, endg grt, some rlly gd action
Charlotte
Oct 12, 2012 Charlotte rated it liked it
good story just slow to get through.
Robin
Jan 22, 2013 Robin rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time around when it was first published. I reread it so I can read the new book #3 of the series.
Jane
Jane rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
C2
C2 rated it it was amazing
Apr 08, 2009
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2017
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Katherine A.
Katherine A. rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Jasmine
Jasmine rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Evie
Evie rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2013
Readdiction
Readdiction rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2008
Chelle
Chelle rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2010
Holly
Holly rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Lizzy
Lizzy rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Sherry
Sherry rated it it was amazing
Dec 12, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2017
  • Unmasked (UN-Forgettable, #4)
  • Shadower (Shielder #2 )
  • The Quest (Rystani #4)
  • Beyond The Shadows (Realms Beyond, #2)
  • Moonbeams and Magic (Saar, #4)
  • Heart's Surrender
  • Mine to Take (Matrix of Destiny, #3)
  • Romulus (Innerworld Affairs, #1)
  • The Warlord's Daughter (Borderlands, #2)
  • Star Crossed
  • Close Encounters (Alien Affairs, #1)
Author biographies are supposed to give you all those statistics, books written, awards won, etc. and I will, I promise...but first let me tell you about this ornery little tomboy (back then, the boys had all the fun...) who was always the one to make up the stories the neighborhood kids would "play". For those who came of age in the computer game era, this is something that was done usually in th ...more
More about Justine Davis...

Coalition Rebellion (4 books)
  • Lord of the Storm (Coalition Rebellion, #1)
  • Rebel Prince (Coalition Rebellion, #3)
  • Raider (Coalition Rebellion, #4)