Start by marking “Left At The Altar (Holt series, #2)” as Want to Read:
Left At The Altar (Holt series, #2)

Left At The Altar (Holt #2)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  7 reviews
THE LONG WAY HOME

The only woman he'd ever wanted had left him standing at the altar without a backward glance. And there was no way in the world Sean Holt was going to allow her to hurt him again - no matter how much he ached to let her into his shattered heart...

Aurora Sheridan had let herself be torn away from the man she loved - and she'd had five long years to regret i
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Intimate Moments #596, Romantic Traditions, 256 pages
Published October 1994 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about Left At The Altar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Left At The Altar

Buggy
Opening Line:"Hospitals. He’d sworn once that he would never set foot in on again."

Sean Holt was left (you guessed it) standing at the altar. Without so much as a backwards glance Aurora Sheridan (Rory) broke his heart and spirit without ever bothering to explain why. Instead a week later she just up and married another man and left town for good.

Sean had once thought that losing his leg and a promising athletic career would be the worst pain he’d ever have to face. He was wrong. It took a year
Saly
Left at the Altar is Sean's story. We met him in Stevie's Chase and he was not a happy person. He was angry at himself, the world for making him lose his leg when he was just 20 and ending his dreams of an athletic career, it took him a long time to get over the bitterness and even a longer time to accept himself and his life. Five year ago when he was just starting to heal, Rory the woman he loved left him on their wedding day and when he went after her, what her dad said affected him for a lon ...more
Jane
Another entry in my goal to re-read and review all the books laying around my house for days, months, weeks, years, or decades.

This book is from 1994. Justine Davis likes tortured heroes, and this has both tortured hero and heroine. Sean is an amputee. He lost the lower half of his leg after a car accident. Despite being handsome, intelligent, and employed, he fears no woman can overcome being repulsed by his leg. (This seems pretty dismissive of women to me.)

A few years ago, he met and fell in
Brandi
This is the second in a trilogy that also includes "Stevie's Chase" and "Morning Side of Dawn".

This book follows Sean Holt, who was jilted at the altar several years earlier by a woman who has now come back into his life following the death of her father. It was Aurora "Rory" Sheridan's father who told Sean in the first place that the reason she didn't want to marry him was because she deserved a "whole man". Sean, believing that she couldn't bear to marry an amputee, was profoundly affected by
Marge
Better quality traditional romance. The author uses the POV's of both characters about equally, which I enjoy. There is an excellent cast of secondary characters, and we see some of their stories in the other books of the series.
Selina
I really enjoyed this book. I thought the character of Sean was very likable, and though I didn't at first, I grew to like Rory. She did make me angry because she seemed so dumb and meek at times. I would have liked more details about how they managed to get rid of Frank in the end... it didn't seem like they were really secured against him. I also liked Dar and Chase... I'm glad that this is part of a series... I'll have to read both of them now!
Amber
Typical premise for a romance story, hero and heroine break up because of a misunderstanding, then fall immediately back in love once the misunderstanding is cleared up. Still, it was a likable story.
Shirley
Shirley marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Lucille Dirienzo
Lucille Dirienzo marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Feli Ann
Feli Ann marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Lahiru Pamod
Lahiru Pamod marked it as to-read
May 23, 2015
Leesha
Leesha marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Na
Na marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Kavz
Kavz added it
Apr 06, 2015
Silja Peters
Silja Peters marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Marty
Marty added it
Mar 27, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Fotio Kenne
Fotio Kenne marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Author biographies are supposed to give you all those statistics, books written, awards won, etc. and I will, I promise...but first let me tell you about this ornery little tomboy (back then, the boys had all the fun...) who was always the one to make up the stories the neighborhood kids would "play". For those who came of age in the computer game era, this is something that was done usually in th ...more
More about Justine Davis...

Holt (3 books)
  • Stevie's Chase (Holt series, #1)
  • The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)
Lord of the Storm (Coalition, #1) A Whole Lot of Love The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3) The Skypirate (Coalition, #2) Stevie's Chase (Holt series, #1)