Start by marking “What Am I Feeling?” as Want to Read:
What Am I Feeling?

What Am I Feeling?

4.19  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Adapted from Dr. John Gottman’s Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child, this book helps adults identify their parenting and care giving style. It explains the five important steps in “emotion coaching” children to ensure that children are guided to healthy emotional growth. Gottman argues that kids who can accept and share their emotions form stronger friendships, achiev ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by Parenting Press

To ask other readers questions about What Am I Feeling?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Am I Feeling?

April Braswell
Dec 17, 2011 April Braswell rated it it was amazing
What Am I Feeling? a Thoughtful and Helpful Guide to Parents and Life Coaches

Whether you are a parent hoping to be a better mother or father and improve your parenting style or you are coach or therapist working with adult clients desiring to empower your clients with their emotional heritage and increase their emotional intelligence Emotional Intelligence and be a person with great personal self mastery then this is a sweet and short book to help guide you successfully!

Many adults were not rais
Sylwia
Jun 25, 2014 Sylwia rated it liked it
This very short book is informative and would benefit both the uneducated and the educated parent. I think that it is a useful tool even for those of us who don’t plan to have children, as it explains which ways of approaching the emotions of others are incorrect ways and which way is the correct way. As always, Gottman doesn’t talk down to you, but instead opens your eyes. I’ll read anything written by this man, and I recommend this to others.
Beth
Apr 29, 2009 Beth rated it really liked it
If you don't have time to read "Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child" by the same author, this book is a very short, quick overview of the same ideas. It helps teach ways and strategies for helping your child learn to communicate their feelings. It is a great tool for parents, and can give them something to think about in their own interactions with others.
Katherine
May 28, 2010 Katherine rated it liked it
This is a parenting book that is supposed to aid in helping adults with children and parenting with feelings and to have an added benefit of helping adults figure out their feelings as well. Didn't really work for me but it was a short read and lots of big pictures. :)
Donna
Apr 01, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book for educating parents about how to talk to their children about their feelings and their behavior--in the right order, in the right ways.
Megan Joy
Megan Joy marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Normanda Lawless
Normanda Lawless marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Eric
Eric rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Secrets Elseraty
Secrets Elseraty marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Sherine
Sherine marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Dawn Serra
Dawn Serra marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Asa Don Brown
Asa Don Brown marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Lise Marquez
Lise Marquez marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Jessica Salaam
Jessica Salaam marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Michelle MC
Michelle MC marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Amy Saidman
Amy Saidman marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
ST
ST marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Sarah Sunday
Sarah Sunday marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
ZeGingerQueen
ZeGingerQueen marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Angela Graham
Angela Graham rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2015
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Scott Reis
Scott Reis marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2015
Betsy Mann
Betsy Mann marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Charmila
Charmila marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2015
Mike Jorgensen
Mike Jorgensen rated it really liked it
Nov 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
31960
Dr. Gottman is the co-founder of the Gottman Institute with his wife, Dr. Julie Schwartz Gottman, where he currently teaches weekend workshops for couples and training workshops for clinicians. He is the Executive Director of the Relationship Research Institute, where they are developing programs for parents transitioning to parenthood and are beginning a new research project on treatment for Dome ...more
More about John M. Gottman...