Start by marking “Leading the Small Church: How to Develop a Transformational Ministry” as Want to Read:
Leading the Small Church: How to Develop a Transformational Ministry

Leading the Small Church: How to Develop a Transformational Ministry

This follow-up to Shepherding the Small Church exhorts pastors to take their leadership to a different level, one that is rooted in spiritual activities like preaching and discipleship instead of professional leadership strategies. (20061001)
Published May 9th 2006 by Kregel Academic & Professional

To ask other readers questions about Leading the Small Church, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leading the Small Church

Mike Crews
Feb 27, 2012 Mike Crews rated it it was amazing
This book is so full of good, solid Biblical theology as well as practical wisdom that I wish I had when I first entered the ministry. In my opinion Daman very accurately assesses both the problems and solutions that small church pastors like me need to hear. Some of my favorite quotes:
Methodology has become the new idol in the church.

Spiritual growth cannot be programmed or manipulated.

The need for clear biblical instruction is even more acute today-this age in which people are inundated wi
Aaron
Mar 13, 2012 Aaron rated it really liked it
While this was overall a great book that correctly emphasized the importance of the preaching task in leading the church, there were some areas that I wonder about. Daman stresses that small churches are "family oriented." By this he means that decisions in small churches are made based upon relationships rather than necessity or effeciency. That is a correct observation, but often times that great truth (which can be a strength) is often times what causes small churches to become inwardly focus ...more
Brandon Current
Jul 15, 2015 Brandon Current rated it really liked it
Read and keep as resource. Glenn Daman lays out a thoroughly biblical perspective to the calling of pastoral ministry. He challenges to take a step back from the program driven, professionalism model of ministry and put the focus on watching our lives and our doctrine and developing close relationships with people. It is particularly geared towards ministry in rural communities, but his Biblical principles are true for any context of ministry. The book does tend to be a bit repetitive and could ...more
Shawn Willson
Mar 24, 2015 Shawn Willson rated it really liked it
At times the book can be repetitive, but I think that was by design. Laying the small church reminds pastors that the ministry is not about successful programs and numerical growth. The ministry is pointing people to God and shepherding the church. Pastors need regular reminders that we are working with a family and not overseeing an organization.
Joshua Krohse
Joshua Krohse rated it it was ok
Feb 18, 2014
Colin Lundstrom
Colin Lundstrom rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2014
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2009
Geoffrey
Geoffrey rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2014
Ray Wilkins
Ray Wilkins rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2011
Eric Messelt
Eric Messelt rated it liked it
May 21, 2015
Rick
Rick rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2017
Don Bosley
Don Bosley rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2017
Kyle P
Kyle P rated it liked it
May 16, 2013
Steve Martinez
Steve Martinez rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2014
Joe
Joe added it
Dec 09, 2011
Leslie
Leslie added it
Jul 25, 2012
Eddie Hinkle
Eddie Hinkle marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Michael Santos
Michael Santos marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2014
Joene Herr
Joene Herr marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Dan Ferren
Dan Ferren is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2015
Derek Tamm
Derek Tamm is currently reading it
Aug 04, 2015
Paul
Paul is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2016
Timothy Johnson
Timothy Johnson marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Charlie Garcia
Charlie Garcia is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2016
Mike Crews
Mike Crews is currently reading it
Dec 30, 2013
Binh Bui
Binh Bui is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2017
Doug Holt jr.
Doug Holt jr. is currently reading it
Apr 21, 2017