Start by marking “Perl by Example [With CDROM]” as Want to Read:
Perl by Example [With CDROM]

Perl by Example [With CDROM]

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This tutorial/reference is the ideal guide for UNIX professionals who want to (or must) learn Perl (Practical Extraction and Report Language) as quickly as possible. The author teaches Perl through extensive use of thoroughly annotated programming examples, and through comparing and contrasting the features of Perl with those of the UNIX shells and C programming language.
Published September 28th 2001 by Prentice Hall PTR (first published September 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Perl by Example [With CDROM], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perl by Example [With CDROM]

Joakim
Probably the best book on Perl I've come across. Every single topic is illustrated with examples. I typed out most of the examples by hand and ran them and it was great for learning. I'll definitely read more of her books on other programming languages.
Smitty1e
This is among the better programming books I've ever seen.
What sets this apart is the focus on example code and the subsequent breakdown of the nuances of the code.
I have plenty of other programming experience, but Perl has never been something in which to invest time until recently, and I think this is an excellent reference for the practitioner, and introduction for the neophyte.
Every programming tool deserves this treatment.
Andy
Oct 24, 2007 Andy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: tech
I forgot many things, and this book is great to see easy examples.
Ramesh
If you could afford to buy only one book on Perl, get this.
Hariprasad
efefeewf
Stephanie Reid
Stephanie Reid marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
David Cross
David Cross is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2015
Jennifer is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2015
michael
michael marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Jyoti Sahoo
Jyoti Sahoo marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Reyn
Reyn marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Hau Quy
Hau Quy marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2013
Sushil
Sushil marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
UNIX Shells by Example PHP and MySQL by Example [With CDROM] JavaScript by Example Linux Shells by Example [With CDROM] Complete PERL Training Course, The