Start by marking “Franklin and the Tooth Fairy” as Want to Read:
Franklin and the Tooth Fairy

Franklin and the Tooth Fairy (Franklin the Turtle)

In this Franklin Classic Storybook, our hero discovers that, unlike most of his friends, he doesn't have teeth, and worries that he's missing out on the Tooth Fairy's magical visits.
Published February 1st 1996 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Franklin and the Tooth Fairy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Franklin and the Tooth Fairy

mai
Feb 04, 2016 mai rated it really liked it
lagi asik beberes berkas kantor, bos datang bawa anaknya dan anaknya bawa bekal buku2 franklin banyak banget Xd

langsung deh di deketin trus main-main sambil baca bareng haha.
dalam keadaan seperti ini jadi bersyukur banget masih sering dikira bocah.

Ceritanya bagus semua, sederhana tapi seru buat diikutin. Dulu sering baca ini di perpus SMP. sekarang jadi nostalgia gini :3
Shannon McGee
Jun 18, 2011 Shannon McGee rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries, 2011
At first my thoughts of this book was that it wasn’t that good but now I think of it more fondly.

Franklin and his innocence of not knowing of the tooth fairy because turtle do not have teeth. His friend Bear looses his first tooth to make room for his growing up teeth. To Franklin this is a sign that Bear is growing up. So if Franklin does not have teeth how can he ever grow up. That is the dilemma that Franklin asks his parents.

There were some different and creative tooth fairies in this book
Margo Martin
In the book Franklin and the Tooth Fairy Franklin sees that bear keeps his tooth after losing it and is very confused. Franklin does not have any teeth, so his friends have to explain the tooth fairy to him, and tell him about how she leaves presents because you are growing up. That night, Franklin leaves a small white rock under his pillow and writes to the tooth fairy, but the next morning he gets a note back saying nice try, but turtles don’t have teeth. However, Franklin then sees a big ...more
Holly Chapman
Dec 01, 2012 Holly Chapman rated it liked it
This book does a great job of teaching about diversity. Franklin's friend Bear loses his first tooth and Franklin realizes he doesn't have any teeth so the tooth fairy can't bring him any gifts. Franklin is sad all day at school and when he gets home he tells his parents he wants teeth. That night Franklin finds a pebble outside that resembles a tooth and puts it under his shell. In the morning he finds a note from the tooth fairy saying nice try but she knows turtle's don't have teeth. At ...more
Rosa Cline
Jul 27, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids, tooth-fairy
Like many of the Franklin the turtle books they have been made into television shows. But this one I have to say the book is much better than the show. (Although the show is good, I just like the meaning behind the book better.) This teaches Franklin that it's okay to be a little different from his best friend; and there are several ways to know you are growing up without having to loose baby teeth (of which Franklin doesn't have). So this is a nice book to help (those parents that don't 'do' ...more
Jasmine Robinson
Sep 06, 2013 Jasmine Robinson rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-books
Franklin's friends are all losing their teeth and he doesn't understand why he doesn't have any teeth to lose. He ask his parents and they tell him that turtles do not have teeth. He feels that he is so different than everyone else because of this so he sends the tooth fairy a letter and puts a stone under his pillow. The tooth fairy knew that turtles didn't have teeth And she didn't leave him a present. In the end Franklin's patents told him that he is special and that it is okay to be ...more
Courtney Kilbourn
I like this series of books for two reasons: they made a television show out of it so kids can see both the book and video version and the first page of each story is the same. The repetition gives the kids something to remember and look forward to. I like this particular book because it makes losing teeth an exciting thing. Also, I found it very important for kids to believe in something like the tooth fairy at a young age so I also like the book for encouraging that.
Rebecca
Jun 17, 2008 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I didn't realize or think about the fact that turtles don't have teeth before reading this book. Franklin is so worried because he doesn't have any teeth to leave for the tooth fairy. It's a good story to help children realize that it's okay that we are all different in our own sort of way. My favorite part is the letter the tooth fairy leaves when Franklin tries to pass of a small rock for a turtle tooth. "Sorry. Turtles don't have teeth. Good try. Your friend, The Tooth Fairy".
Angie
Jan 05, 2016 Angie rated it liked it
Cute, passed the time in the dentist's waiting room. I didn't feel like the author resolved the "conflict" in the book very well. How does a parent address a child's jealousy for something that can't be changed?
Michelle Carter
May 01, 2010 Michelle Carter rated it it was amazing
Why don't turtles have teeth and what is a tooth fairy? These are some of the questions that Franklin asks in this cute book about something that happens to little children - losing those baby teeth.
Heather
This was a nice book with cute illustrations. There's a subtle litte message that we are all different, yet all the same. Peace on earth, holding hands around the campfire.

Anyways, while it was a good book I won't be seeking it out to read again.
Shannon
Mar 22, 2016 Shannon rated it it was amazing
09/09: Ha! This one is adorable. The boys get the biggest kick out of Franklin's having no teeth.

Back Cover: Franklin's friends are losing their teeth, but Franklin doesn't have any teeth to lose. Will the tooth fairy visit Franklin anyway?
The Brothers
Turtles don't have teeth, so Franklin feels left out when all his other friends get to talk about their experiences with the Tooth Fairy.

Typical Franklin illustrations.
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
Poor Franklin feels bad because, being a turtle and having no teeth, he can't put a tooth under his pillow to exchange for a gift from the tooth fairy. What to do? Cute!
Sarah Derosier
Read at waiting room of dentist today while waiting one ride was very cute book accepting your self for simply just being different
Christina
Oct 12, 2014 Christina rated it it was amazing
Franklin was one of my favorite shows when I was little and one of my favorite books to read with my parents. I love being able to share them with the girls now.
Kristen-Marie Freeman
Un libro para niños muy lindo. Entretenido y con un buen recordatorio que todos tenemos aspectos que nos distinguen de los otros y que podemos celebrar nuestra singularidad.
Child960801
Apr 21, 2011 Child960801 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I don't like the tooth fairy but I like that in this book it's more about losing teeth and so on instead of the tooth fairy.
Sheila
Sep 11, 2009 Sheila rated it really liked it
I love to read this book to students when they start losing teeth in Kindergarten and First Grade. It also teaches about how it is okay to be different than our friends!
Deborah Harris
Dec 30, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: ar-2, a29
AR Quiz No. 18612 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV, VP
Nikki Gandhi
Nikki Gandhi rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Doug
Doug rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2016
Brian Barnett
Brian Barnett rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Shaye
Shaye rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2016
LouiseM51
LouiseM51 rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Layne Klopfenstein
Layne Klopfenstein rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Le
Le rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2012
  • The Berenstain Bears Lend a Helping Hand (First Time Books)
  • Arthur's Tooth  (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • All You Ever Need
  • The Little Rabbit Who Wanted Red Wings
  • The Night Before First Grade
  • Big Al
  • The Quilt Story
  • The Lost Dinosaur Bone (Little Critter)
  • Clifford's First Valentine's Day
Born in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Bourgeois graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational therapy from the University of Western Ontario in 1974. She was a psychiatric occupational therapist for three years before deciding to focus on her writing. She studied journalism at Carlton University then worked as a reporter for the Ottawa Citizen and CBC Television. She became a freelance ...more
More about Paulette Bourgeois...

Franklin the Turtle (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Franklin In The Dark