Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)

Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi #4)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  602 ratings  ·  20 reviews
He's a wolf… She's a jaguar…

Raphael is a former agent of the shape shifter secret police, forced into retirement after a very public scandal. Now he's assigned to help the victim of a hideous crime -- a woman who has been attacked by a serial killer, and accidentally turned into a were-jaguar.

Worse yet, Catherine turns out to be Raphael’s fated mate. But the serial killer...more
Published September 30th 2008 by Tor Books (first published January 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Howling Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howling Moon

Pete Garza
This book of the Sazi was very good. In fact, I thought it was great. In this story, you will find more than just your usual shift shaping, murdering were creatures. Along side with your usual paranormal romance that is to be expected. You will also discover prejudice and betrayal. Even in a wolf pack, there are hatred towards another shifter ( shifters ). When one of their own falls in love and becomes mated to another were creature that is not of their own, prejudice and tension rises, especia...more
Janet
The first half was kind of interesting, although the plot made no sense. I kept reading, but it made less and less sense as I went. Felt like an unfinished book that was tossed out to make a quick buck.
Misti
Not as exciting as the previous Sazi book I read, Moon's Fury. I think one of the downfalls of having 2 authors collaborate on a story like this is that it can make the prose very jumpy. There were several parts I had to go back to reread because the style changed in the middle and I lost my train of thought.

The other problem I had with this book was that it seemed like it might have gotten rushed to publishing because there seemed to be a few plot holes and the grammar and spelling mistakes we...more
TinaMarie
Maria
The book is both good and not so much. I think that some of the problems are that it´s written by two authors. Sometimes the language changes between chapters and even I (who is not primary an English speaker) found spelling errors so I think the editor should have read it one more time before it went on market.
But apart from that I really like the series about the Sazi. I like the thought trough world building. That e g when you are a wolf you run in packs and have obligations to the pack and i...more
Isisbq
I like these authors. The writing style makes sense to me and I am willing to go along for the ride. The story was necessary to clear up several elements in the storyline for the series and I was satisfied with the progress.
Jamie
I enjoyed Catherine and Raphael and their story. It was a nice shape shifter book, then end was a little sad but happy. I liked the action and how Raphael fell for her and new he shouldn't and then all his feelings erupted into something more!
Amanda
Okay I liked it but if felt seperate from the events though some of it is, as per the note to the reader page, made sense in the time line. I felt though that alot of the things said werent thuroghly described and I kept wondering what this meant, or how something was possiblebecause it want desribed in the previous books. I could follow most of the plot and it had really good parts like the ending.
Joene
Another Sazi novel, this one mostly focuses on wolf packs and how they interact with non-shifter family members. It also reveals some pack politics and how packs are controlled or protected. Great story and great characters!
Jackie9100
This book was my first supernatural read, and I was impressed with how complicated it must have been to build the world, lore, and characters and have it seem smooth and seamless.
Fullfaun
This is such a great book. But I suggest you read the first 3 books in the SAZI series first to get all the people and their gravitas. But it is funnier that way!

Andrea
I loved it! So far I have loved every one of the Sazi tales. This one was really fantastic. I just could not put it down. I can't wait to read more of the Sazi tales!
Ruth
I really liked this book, the series is not bad for shape-shifters. The characters are not limited to just their own species, that's a nice twist.
Heather
Not a winner. I stuck it out, thinking it had to get better. The writing just feels very cold and detached from the characters.
Anne
There were some slow parts. But overall I liked the story. I thought it ended well. 3.5 stars.
April
Another good tale from the Sazi world!
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
  • Rising Moon (Nightcreature, #6)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • The Cursed One (Wild Wulfs of London, #3)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Immortal Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #5)
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Magic's Design (Magic, #1)
  • Cry Of The Wolf (The Pack #5)
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • New Moon (Moon, #6)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
  • The Rise and Fall of a Dragon King (Dark Sun: Chronicles of Athas, #5)
Also known as Cat Adams, a dual-partnership writing team with Cathy Clamp.

She spent seventeen years in the Denver metro area and now resides in Texas with a large dog and pet cats. Office work provided a living while she pursued the goal of becoming a novelist. Forming the partnership with Cathy Clamp was the catalyst that led to publication and the two have enjoyed a long and fruitful collaborati...more
More about C.T. Adams...
Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) Touch of Evil (Thrall, #1) Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2) Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3) Touch of Madness (Thrall #2)