Start by marking “Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)” as Want to Read:
Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #4)

Howling Moon (A Tale of the Sazi #4)

He's a wolf… She's a jaguar…

Raphael is a former agent of the shape shifter secret police, forced into retirement after a very public scandal.  Now he's assigned to help the victim of a hideous crime -- a woman who has been attacked by a serial killer, and accidentally turned into a were-jaguar.

Worse yet, Catherine turns out to be Raphael’s fated mate.  But the serial k
Published September 30th 2008 by Tor Books (first published January 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Howling Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Howling Moon

Pete Garza
Jan 18, 2012 Pete Garza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book of the Sazi was very good. In fact, I thought it was great. In this story, you will find more than just your usual shift shaping, murdering were creatures. Along side with your usual paranormal romance that is to be expected. You will also discover prejudice and betrayal. Even in a wolf pack, there are hatred towards another shifter ( shifters ). When one of their own falls in love and becomes mated to another were creature that is not of their own, prejudice and tension rises, especia ...more
Lena
Mar 02, 2016 Lena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Hated this book. Raphael is a slut and his sexual addiction to cats is the cause of much death and suffering in the Sazi world. Catherine is a spoiled elitist blonde. I agreed with the pack. I wanted her GONE. It was worth reading once for the other characters, but it will never be on my reread list.
Janet
May 21, 2007 Janet rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The first half was kind of interesting, although the plot made no sense. I kept reading, but it made less and less sense as I went. Felt like an unfinished book that was tossed out to make a quick buck.
Lori Schiele
Howling Moon is book 4 of the Sazi series about shapeshifters living hidden in plain sight amongst humans in the everyday world. I read the first book of the series, then picked up this one, thinking it was the 2nd book, realizing later it was the 4th book in the series, however, each book follows different characters within the world of the Sazi so it was easy enough to follow.
This story follows a woman who was attacked by a jaguar (a serial killer shapeshifter) and is destined to become a ja
Misti
Not as exciting as the previous Sazi book I read, Moon's Fury. I think one of the downfalls of having 2 authors collaborate on a story like this is that it can make the prose very jumpy. There were several parts I had to go back to reread because the style changed in the middle and I lost my train of thought.

The other problem I had with this book was that it seemed like it might have gotten rushed to publishing because there seemed to be a few plot holes and the grammar and spelling mistakes we
Maria
The book is both good and not so much. I think that some of the problems are that its written by two authors. Sometimes the language changes between chapters and even I (who is not primary an English speaker) found spelling errors so I think the editor should have read it one more time before it went on market.
But apart from that I really like the series about the Sazi. I like the thought trough world building. That e g when you are a wolf you run in packs and have obligations to the pack and it
Lindsey
Jan 27, 2016 Lindsey rated it it was ok
I was disappointed. This installment was confusing how it took place before and during one of the earlier books. AND I had just read all the previous books! But regardless of that, there was so much jumping around. Even that's not really an apt description, it was like the authors had ADD. Subjects didn't flow together, like the two authors sometimes weren't even communicating about the characters and their frame of mind. What are editors for if not to help iron out stuff like this. It was an en ...more
Amanda
Okay I liked it but if felt seperate from the events though some of it is, as per the note to the reader page, made sense in the time line. I felt though that alot of the things said werent thuroghly described and I kept wondering what this meant, or how something was possiblebecause it want desribed in the previous books. I could follow most of the plot and it had really good parts like the ending.
James
Mar 22, 2015 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had a bit more intrigue than previous books. While not as good as the first in the series it was better than the last one. Unfortunately there were some gaps in the story. At times I had to flip back a page thinking that I had missed something. Several things went unexplained. I will not give any spoilers, but it was a problem.

3.5 stars.
TinaMarie
May 25, 2014 TinaMarie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isisbq
Apr 03, 2014 Isisbq rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like these authors. The writing style makes sense to me and I am willing to go along for the ride. The story was necessary to clear up several elements in the storyline for the series and I was satisfied with the progress.
Joene
Feb 08, 2008 Joene rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Sazi novel, this one mostly focuses on wolf packs and how they interact with non-shifter family members. It also reveals some pack politics and how packs are controlled or protected. Great story and great characters!
Jamie
Jan 24, 2014 Jamie rated it liked it
I enjoyed Catherine and Raphael and their story. It was a nice shape shifter book, then end was a little sad but happy. I liked the action and how Raphael fell for her and new he shouldn't and then all his feelings erupted into something more!
Heather
Sep 29, 2010 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not a winner. I stuck it out, thinking it had to get better. The writing just feels very cold and detached from the characters.
Jackie9100
Oct 03, 2008 Jackie9100 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was my first supernatural read, and I was impressed with how complicated it must have been to build the world, lore, and characters and have it seem smooth and seamless.
Fullfaun
Feb 11, 2013 Fullfaun rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a great book. But I suggest you read the first 3 books in the SAZI series first to get all the people and their gravitas. But it is funnier that way!

Andrea
Aug 22, 2010 Andrea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved it! So far I have loved every one of the Sazi tales. This one was really fantastic. I just could not put it down. I can't wait to read more of the Sazi tales!
Ruth
Oct 12, 2012 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book, the series is not bad for shape-shifters. The characters are not limited to just their own species, that's a nice twist.
Amanda Hill
Amanda Hill rated it liked it
May 16, 2009
Brandi Amunrud
Brandi Amunrud rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2013
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2008
Natasha
Natasha rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2012
Cynthia Cooper
Cynthia Cooper rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2008
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2013
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2012
Susana
Susana rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2012
Kellie
Kellie rated it really liked it
May 08, 2014
  • Rising Moon (Nightcreature, #6)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • I Hunger for You (Primes, #3)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • Moonburn (Abra Barrow #2)
  • Scarlet (Dead World, #2)
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • New Moon (Moon #6)
  • One Bite Stand (Mackenzie Vampires #4)
  • Never Cry Werewolf (Crimson Moon, #5)
  • Britton (The Awakening, #3)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • The Crossing (Immortals, #6)
  • Night Season (World of the Lupi, #4)
Also known as Cat Adams, a dual-partnership writing team with Cathy Clamp.

She spent seventeen years in the Denver metro area and now resides in Texas with a large dog and pet cats. Office work provided a living while she pursued the goal of becoming a novelist. Forming the partnership with Cathy Clamp was the catalyst that led to publication and the two have enjoyed a long and fruitful collaborati
More about C.T. Adams...

A Tale of the Sazi (8 books)
  • Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1)
  • Moon's Web (A Tale of the Sazi, #2)
  • Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3)
  • Moon's Fury (A Tale of the Sazi, #5)
  • Timeless Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #6)
  • Cold Moon Rising (A Tale of the Sazi, #7)
  • Serpent Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #8)