Start by marking “Papa, My Father: A Celebration of Dads” as Want to Read:
Papa, My Father: A Celebration of Dads

Papa, My Father: A Celebration of Dads

While relating specific events which he remembers about his own father, Leo Buscaglia has written this book "in celebration of all fathers." Readers are reminded that seemingly ordinary events can forever remind us of a cherished family member. This book reached #7 on the New York Times Best Seller list.
Published June 1st 1989 by Slack Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Papa, My Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Papa, My Father

Ayse Turan
....Her cumartesi günü eski bir italyan atasözünü yinelerdi.Ekip, dikip yetiştiren insana Tanrı her zaman iyi gün gösterir.
...
Angela Owens
Sep 21, 2016 Angela Owens rated it it was amazing
Loved it and HIGHLY Recommend it!!
Diana
May 06, 2013 Diana rated it really liked it
What a wonderful story Leo Buscaglia wrote about his father. This story does not portray his father as totally wonderful.....it is just an honest look at man much admired by Leo.
Mr Rocco Buscaglia immigrated from Italy and had trouble speaking English. After he had been here many years, he went to school to learn to speak better English and apply for citizenship.
He lived until age 88. About a years before he died he was diagnosed with a fatal illness. He stated, "Everyone dies. I just have a
Bartholomew Timm
Nov 08, 2016 Bartholomew Timm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
Leo Buscaglia is an absolute joy to watch and listen to, and he writes about his father in the same enthusiastic vein. Clearly an homage to his father, the book also evokes a different time and era, where relationships within and between families were paramount. A time when family histories and stories were part of the oral traditions and handed down over dining room discussions; when food and family became one. It is a wonderful little book, it would probably mean little or nothing to those ...more
Susan
Feb 14, 2015 Susan rated it really liked it
I loved reading about the influence and impact of Leo Buscaglia's father on his life. The chapters are vignettes of the various roles of Buscaglia's Italian father, "Papa" as "the husband, educator, philanthropist, oenophile," etc. His Papa was not a success by worldly or financial standards, but the legacy he left was large. He modeled a life of sincerity, generosity, passion, pride in his Italian heritage, hard-work and love. I loved the stories of Papa's prolific zucchini, and the ...more
Alan
Feb 01, 2010 Alan rated it it was amazing
Brief, concise, told with an open heart and an open eye to his father's strengths and shortcomings, but ultimately this book is a big thank you from Buscaglia to his father and a way for the reader to see his or her own father in a new and revealing way. And for those of us who are fathers it provides some needed perspective on our role and our value. This is a book I will turn to again, I am sure.
Cagliostro
Oct 09, 2012 Cagliostro rated it it was amazing
Μία ιστορία αληθινή που ξεχειλίζει από τρυφερότητα,αναμνήσεις και αγάπη ενώ ταυτόχρονα αποτελεί ένα πρώτης τάξεως εγχειρίδιο του ‘‘καλού πατέρα,,. Ο πατέρας ως ρόλος στα πλαίσια του θεσμού της οικογένειας, ως στοργική αγκαλιά,ως παιδαγωγός, ως γλυκιά ανάμνηση. Ενα βιβλίο στο οποίο πολλοί θα βρεθούν να γελούν αμήχανα βλέποντας να περιγράφεται ενα κομμάτι της δικής τους ζωής.
Mark
As a father and grandfather, I can do no better than to take Papa as my vision and example. Not having analyzed my own exemplary father, Leo has done it before me.
Heather Browne
Heather Browne rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2012
Cathy
Cathy rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2012
Trish
Jul 06, 2008 Trish rated it it was amazing
For everyone who loves and misses their dad.....you'll enjoy this book!
Armin Palavrić
Armin Palavrić rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2014
Loraine
Loraine rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2014
Ani
Ani rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2012
Wilma
Wilma rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2010
Lili
Lili rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2010
Maurynne  Maxwell
Maurynne Maxwell rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2013
Teresa
Teresa rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Nan
Nan rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Dave Borzellino
Dave Borzellino rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2013
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2008
Michele Carolla
Michele Carolla rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2016
Phyllis Dyess
Phyllis Dyess rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2009
Austen
Austen rated it liked it
May 30, 2010
Trl008
Trl008 rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2008
Julie Lawrence
Julie Lawrence rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Osman Oguz
Osman Oguz rated it liked it
May 16, 2013
Donna
Donna rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Auto da Fay
  • Gods Old and Dark (The World Gates, #3)
  • Just One More Thing: Stories from My Life
  • The Greatest Gift in World
  • The Kindly Ones
  • Deadly Intent (Sonoma, #1)
  • Sin and Vengeance
  • The Be Happy Attitudes
  • The Complete Humorous Sketches and Tales of Mark Twain
  • A General's Life: An Autobiography
  • The Virtues of Aging
  • A Time to Mend (Safe Harbor #1)
  • A Heritage of Shadows
  • Cat in an Orange Twist (Midnight Louie , #16)
  • Mayflower Madam: The Secret Life of Sydney Biddle Barrows
  • Help Yourself
  • Dancing on the Edge of the Roof
Dr. Felice Leonardo Buscaglia Ph.D. was a professor in the Department of Special Education at the University of Southern California. He was a graduate of Theodore Roosevelt High School (Los Angeles).

Leo Buscaglia authored a number of New York Times bestselling inspirational books on love and human reticences on the subject, including The Fall of Freddie the Leaf, Bus 9 to Paradise, Living Loving a
More about Leo Buscaglia...