Cash & Carry: An Odd Jobs/David Diangelo Mystery

Cash & Carry: An Odd Jobs/David Diangelo Mystery

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  7 reviews
There's a lot David Diangelo doesn't know about his latest Odd Job. He doesn't know how many people are trying to intercept him and the case he carries. He doesn't know the case he's been hired to deliver to a law firm in Las Vegas is empty...a decoy. And he doesn't know that the road ahead holds only pain, heartache...and murder.
Published April 1st 2008 by Echelon Press Publishing (first published February 15th 2008)

Feb 15, 2012 Laura rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Norm Cowie
I thought it was ok. A quick read. Nothing really jumped out as particularly good or bad so I think I ended up putting it in the stack to try to sell to a used book store or give away... It tried to pull you in with all kinds of complications arising with this odd jobs dude trying to work this delivery case but all the attempts at intrigue and mystery felt flat. If it wasn't a graphic novel I doubt I would have even enough interest to sustain reading it for too long. As a graphic novel, it heavi...more
Mike
Excellent storytelling from someone I've never read before - not too much detail, not too little; characters whose motivations don't play to bland stereotypes; action that jumps the plot along without losing the reader. I'll look forward to what Broderick can do with more resources (colour artist for example) - this book sat on my shelf for a year in part because it's the cheapo B&W, and that's a shame because the creators definitely deserve more respect and readership than that.
J.M. Guillemette
The first of the Odd Jobs series Cash & Carry is a must read for Graphic Novel enthusiasts both young and old. Broderick is an excellent story teller and the art reminds me of the Dick Tracey comic strip. If you are into Graphic Novels or just want a fun quick read, check this one out. It's worth every minute.
Peacegal
I suppose this book just wasn’t up my alley. The story was mildly entertaining, but the illustrations were flat and uninteresting. (Seriously, a doodle car chase with lots of “VROOOM”’s to indicate thrilling action? Just doesn’t do it for me.)
Jumi
May 22, 2012 Jumi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I've read Broderick's other mystery stories online and I love them. I need more. Sometimes I wish there was more that came from the artistic aspect, but then he goes and surprises me with certain panels. I need more!
Teri Tracey
i enjoyed this immensely. my first graphic novel. great character and fun plot. I look forward to more David Diangelo.
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Diana Duncan
Diana Duncan marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2010
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2009
Something to Build Upon A Victim's Guide to Sexual Harassment for California Wall Street Noir Pet Project - X-rated for violence/language Short Story