Start by marking “Cash & Carry: An Odd Jobs/David Diangelo Mystery” as Want to Read:
Cash & Carry: An Odd Jobs/David Diangelo Mystery

Cash & Carry: An Odd Jobs/David Diangelo Mystery

3.18  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
There's a lot David Diangelo doesn't know about his latest Odd Job. He doesn't know how many people are trying to intercept him and the case he carries. He doesn't know the case he's been hired to deliver to a law firm in Las Vegas is empty...a decoy. And he doesn't know that the road ahead holds only pain, heartache...and murder.
Published April 1st 2008 by Echelon Press Publishing (first published February 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Cash & Carry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cash & Carry

Feb 15, 2012 Laura rated it it was ok
Recommended to Laura by: Norm Cowie
I thought it was ok. A quick read. Nothing really jumped out as particularly good or bad so I think I ended up putting it in the stack to try to sell to a used book store or give away... It tried to pull you in with all kinds of complications arising with this odd jobs dude trying to work this delivery case but all the attempts at intrigue and mystery felt flat. If it wasn't a graphic novel I doubt I would have even enough interest to sustain reading it for too long. As a graphic novel, it heavi ...more
Mike
Mar 19, 2011 Mike rated it really liked it
Excellent storytelling from someone I've never read before - not too much detail, not too little; characters whose motivations don't play to bland stereotypes; action that jumps the plot along without losing the reader. I'll look forward to what Broderick can do with more resources (colour artist for example) - this book sat on my shelf for a year in part because it's the cheapo B&W, and that's a shame because the creators definitely deserve more respect and readership than that.
J.M. Guillemette
Jun 14, 2010 J.M. Guillemette rated it it was amazing
The first of the Odd Jobs series Cash & Carry is a must read for Graphic Novel enthusiasts both young and old. Broderick is an excellent story teller and the art reminds me of the Dick Tracey comic strip. If you are into Graphic Novels or just want a fun quick read, check this one out. It's worth every minute.
Peacegal
May 09, 2011 Peacegal rated it it was ok
I suppose this book just wasn’t up my alley. The story was mildly entertaining, but the illustrations were flat and uninteresting. (Seriously, a doodle car chase with lots of “VROOOM”’s to indicate thrilling action? Just doesn’t do it for me.)
Jumi
May 22, 2012 Jumi rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I've read Broderick's other mystery stories online and I love them. I need more. Sometimes I wish there was more that came from the artistic aspect, but then he goes and surprises me with certain panels. I need more!
Teri Tracey
Jul 28, 2009 Teri Tracey rated it liked it
i enjoyed this immensely. my first graphic novel. great character and fun plot. I look forward to more David Diangelo.
Randy
Randy rated it liked it
Apr 05, 2016
Teresa
Teresa added it
Jan 26, 2016
Matt Piechocinski
Matt Piechocinski rated it it was ok
Nov 07, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Jesse
Jesse rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2011
Diana Duncan
Diana Duncan marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2010
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2009
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2009
Aspi
Aspi rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2009
April
April rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2009
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2008