Start by marking “Vegetable Gardening for Dummies?” as Want to Read:
Vegetable Gardening for Dummies?

Vegetable Gardening for Dummies?

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This latest addition to the ...For Dummies "RM" gardening series is ripe with down-to-earth advice and tons of illustrations for growing a wide variety of tasty veggies -- from green beans to yellow squash.
-- Detailed guidelines for planting by climate, soil, and water needs
-- Tooling up -- great tips for selecting the best gardening equipment
-- Basic training on combating
Published February 15th 1999 by For Dummies (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Vegetable Gardening for Dummies?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegetable Gardening for Dummies?

Creative Writing for Dummies by Maggie HamandBlogging for Dummies by Brad HillPublic Speaking for Dummies by Malcolm KushnerPiano for Dummies [With Play-Along] by Blake NeelyGuitar For Dummies by Mark Phillips
For Dummies Series
143rd out of 279 books — 49 voters
All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel BartholomewLasagna Gardening by Patricia LanzaWestern Garden Book by Kathleen Norris BrenzelCarrots Love Tomatoes by Louise RiotteFour-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
Gardening Books
130th out of 290 books — 103 voters

More lists with this book...

Going to have an awesome garden next summer ;)
if you don't know anything about gardening (like me!), then this is the book for you. very basic, easy to understand. there were many useful tips on keeping my babies alive and it also gave lots of references to other books and websites for after you get your feet wet and want to get into more advanced gardening issues. can't wait to eat the beautiful bounty that is "lisa's lil veggie patch"
This is BY FAR the best book for beginner gardeners. So many other books assume you already know all of the gardening terms. I have read and referred to this book countless times since I started gardening. It is a must-have for anyone who's just getting started or for anyone who'd like a well-organized reference book on veggie gardening.
This is a good guide to learn about vegetable gardening. I have actually read this book several times. It's very helpful for getting started the first time, or just for getting ready for Spring.
Well written and there is a lot of helpful information but there is more and better information for free online, especially location specific information. Save the money and Google it!
Book was as expected, a general reference guide to vegetable gardening. Nothing profound or very entertaining in here but it is useful which is the point after all.
La Fay
Lots of practical advice for those who either have no gardening experience or just need a bit of a refresher. Easy to read and understand. ...more
Very good book for beginner gardeners. if only I had read it before I started my garden. :)
book is a good resource. It speaks in detail on each vegetable & how to garden them.
Hom Sack
Excellent! April 6th (average last frost date), here goes my 100 square feet garden.
This was just the book I was looking for to help me start my veggie garden!
Paula Larry
Just what this dummy needed lol
Jennifer Ware
fun, easy to read and understand
Melinda Hines
Melinda Hines marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
NANCY HUFFMAN marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Kate marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2015
Kurnia Utari
Kurnia Utari marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Cristina Mylroie
Cristina Mylroie marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Tiarra marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Anthony Dembek
Anthony Dembek marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Butte added it
Nov 17, 2015
Vanda marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Axèl Ré
Axèl Ré marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2015
Rita Perez
Rita Perez marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Brook B.
Brook B. marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
  • Prescription Alternatives: Hundreds of Safe, Natural, Prescription-Free Remedies to Restore and Maintain Your Health
  • Gardening For Dummies
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Canning & Preserving for Dummies
  • The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • World History for Dummies
  • Joy Bauer's Food Cures: Treat Common Health Concerns, Look Younger and Live Longer
  • Digital Photography for Dummies
  • Organizing for Dummies
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • Mythology for Dummies
  • A Book of Mediterranean Food
  • Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine
  • Skinny Italian: Eat It and Enjoy It - Live La Bella Vita and Look Great, Too!
  • Frugal Living for Dummies
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge