Start by marking “Vegetable Gardening for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Vegetable Gardening for Dummies

Vegetable Gardening for Dummies

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  12 reviews
This latest addition to the ...For Dummies "RM" gardening series is ripe with down-to-earth advice and tons of illustrations for growing a wide variety of tasty veggies -- from green beans to yellow squash.
-- Detailed guidelines for planting by climate, soil, and water needs
-- Tooling up -- great tips for selecting the best gardening equipment
-- Basic training on combating
Published February 15th 1999 by For Dummies (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Vegetable Gardening for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegetable Gardening for Dummies

Creative Writing for Dummies by Maggie HamandBlogging for Dummies by Brad HillPublic Speaking for Dummies by Malcolm KushnerPiano for Dummies [With Play-Along] by Blake NeelyGuitar For Dummies by Mark Phillips
For Dummies Series
142nd out of 286 books — 45 voters
All New Square Foot Gardening by Mel BartholomewLasagna Gardening by Patricia LanzaWestern Garden Book by Kathleen Norris BrenzelCarrots Love Tomatoes by Louise RiotteFour-Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman
Gardening Books
126th out of 288 books — 101 voters

More lists with this book...

Trish
Going to have an awesome garden next summer ;)
Lisa
if you don't know anything about gardening (like me!), then this is the book for you. very basic, easy to understand. there were many useful tips on keeping my babies alive and it also gave lots of references to other books and websites for after you get your feet wet and want to get into more advanced gardening issues. can't wait to eat the beautiful bounty that is "lisa's lil veggie patch"
Nece
This is BY FAR the best book for beginner gardeners. So many other books assume you already know all of the gardening terms. I have read and referred to this book countless times since I started gardening. It is a must-have for anyone who's just getting started or for anyone who'd like a well-organized reference book on veggie gardening.
Lisa
This is a good guide to learn about vegetable gardening. I have actually read this book several times. It's very helpful for getting started the first time, or just for getting ready for Spring.
Brad
Well written and there is a lot of helpful information but there is more and better information for free online, especially location specific information. Save the money and Google it!
Amber
Lots of practical advice for those who either have no gardening experience or just need a bit of a refresher. Easy to read and understand. ...more
Sheri
Very good book for beginner gardeners. if only I had read it before I started my garden. :)
Ryan
book is a good resource. It speaks in detail on each vegetable & how to garden them.
Hom Sack
Excellent! April 6th (average last frost date), here goes my 100 square feet garden.
Rachel
This was just the book I was looking for to help me start my veggie garden!
Paula Larry
Just what this dummy needed lol
Jennifer Ware
fun, easy to read and understand
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Cary Morton
Cary Morton marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Rose La Forge
Rose La Forge is currently reading it
May 10, 2015
Judie Dooley
Judie Dooley marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Marina Andreou
Marina Andreou marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Natalie
Natalie is currently reading it
Apr 19, 2015
Pat
Pat added it
Mar 30, 2015
Meridie Fricker
Meridie Fricker marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
  • Prescription Alternatives: Hundreds of Safe, Natural, Prescription-Free Remedies to Restore and Maintain Your Health
  • Gardening For Dummies
  • Canning & Preserving for Dummies
  • Top Secret Recipes--Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits, & Shakes: Creating Cool Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Drinks
  • Joy Bauer's Food Cures: Treat Common Health Concerns, Look Younger and Live Longer
  • Quick & Easy Chinese: 70 Everyday Recipes
  • Digital Photography for Dummies
  • The Naked Pint: An Unadulterated Guide to Craft Beer
  • The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East: 150 Asian-inspired recipes--from soba noodles to summer rolls
  • A Book of Mediterranean Food
  • World History for Dummies
  • Organizing for Dummies
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • Mythology for Dummies
  • The Dumpling: A Seasonal Guide
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Patti Labelle's Lite Cuisine
  • Cooking for Friends
Northeast Fruit & Vegetable Gardening: Plant, Grow, and Eat the Best Edibles for Northeast Gardens Foodscaping: Practical and Innovative Ways to Create an Edible Landscape New England Getting Started Garden Guide: Grow the Best Flowers, Shrubs, Trees, Vines & Groundcovers - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont The Ultimate Gardener: The Best Experts' Advice for Cultivating a Magnificent Garden with Photos and Stories Vegetable Gardener's Journal & Magnet Gift Set: Record Garden Info, Keep Track of Plants, and Find Inspiration