Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 43: The Man with the Truth (Naruto, #43)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 43:  The Man with the Truth (Naruto, #43)

Naruto, Vol. 43: The Man with the Truth (Naruto #43)

4.56  ·  Rating Details ·  24,582 Ratings  ·  128 Reviews
The time has come for the secrets of the Uchiha to be told. What Sasuke finally finds out about his family's damaged past will rock Naruto's former teammate to the core of his existence. Prepare for the ultimate reveal. It's time to change the world of Naruto forever!
Mass Market Paperback, 242 pages
Published April 7th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 4th 2008)

Ashley Chen
Oct 05, 2012 Ashley Chen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I will not use fancy gifs in this review. One sentence shall be said: I have never cried this hard in my life.
Brad
Aug 06, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, fantasy
And here's the moment of truth. Itachi is such a bad-ass, and the fight only serves to prove how far Sasuke has come to avenge his clan, of how powerful he is and how many sacrifices he's taken. I loved the Karin move, but I loved how snakeboy got sealed even more. What a twist in the character sheet!

But above all, it was Itachi's end that carried the volume on to great heights. (Now is that because I'm anticipating the next volume? Or is it because there was enough backstory to make it precious
Lucy
Mar 20, 2012 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangas
I loved this :D It's a very dark and slightly disturbing look into Itachi's and Sasuke's past. Also it takes a look into the past of the Uchida clan. I thought it was very dramatic, and the deaths in this manga were ones I already knew would happen. It was still a bit melancholy and sad when said character lost his life (almost a spoiler :P ) There is a major turning point at the end of the manga (one I also knew would happen.) I loved the way everything was drawn, with so much expression and em ...more
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Nayab
Aug 18, 2011 Nayab rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have always been obsessed with Itachi Uchiha. Everything about him was memorable. Including his tragic death. By far one of the most shocking ends to the life of Itachi Uchiha, and how one poke on the forehead could answer many heart-warming questions.
4ryonwillis
Apr 03, 2009 4ryonwillis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Devan, Sarcasm Expert
Dec 27, 2012 Devan, Sarcasm Expert rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aja: The Narcoleptic Ninja
Probably another favorite of mine. The first time I was reading Naruto back in middle school and high school, I stopped reading here for a very long time. It was one of the first times (if not THE first time) that a character's death effected me so much. I could not, would not, did not WANT to process any of it because my favorite character died and his story is just so heart breaking. I don't think I've ever cried so much from reading.

And yes, I cried again. A lot. It's impossible for me not t
Mary
Dec 31, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it
Never understood why so many HATE Sasuke. I get how frustrating he can be but you'd have to be heartless to say that considering how his past warped him. Sasuke never chose to better himself like Naruto, so he is at fault. But you can't dismiss how much he suffered. As well as Itachi.
KennyN
Nooooooo! TT^TT
Rahul Nath
Dec 12, 2012 Rahul Nath rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The single greatest volume in the Naruto series imo. Sad that after this, the story started going downhill, what with the Pain arc and the Great Ninja War. However, the aftermath non-considering, the shock value, emotional impact and awesomeness of this volume can't be denied. This is the pinnacle of storytelling Masashi Kishimoto achieved in his manga.

As we read earlier, Uchiha Sasuke, one of the last two remaining members of the legendary Uchiha clan, left his home village few years ago thereb
Ahmad Sharabiani
Naruto, Vol. 43: The Man with the Truth (Naruto, #43), Masashi Kishimoto
Jennie
Apr 05, 2011 Jennie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Samuel Wright
Manga a place where a artist’s inner self is exposed through small pictures on a black and white paper in a small book form. To date in my honest opinion Masashi Kishimoto (Naruto) has earned my respect as a true manga artist with his masterful plot and character backgrounds. This particular plot is the one were I like the best is the one between two brothers Sasuke and Itachi Uchiha. On the one side Sasuke wishes to avenge his clan by killing those responsible whose is his brother Itachi. Itach ...more
Kathleen
Aug 17, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I was so excited about this one when I saw that it had substantially more pages than the other volumes so far! The cover is pretty cool looking too!

Itachi uses the black flames against Sasuke in battle, but Sasuke summons lightning to strike him. Itachi avoids it using the susano'o, a shield of fiery bones. Sasuke has no more chakra, so Orochimaru (who he absorbed) is able to possess Sasuke's body. Itachi kills Orochimaru with a spirit blade called Totsuka. (Zetsu is spying on this whole battle
Anusha Narasimhan
Dec 21, 2015 Anusha Narasimhan rated it it was amazing
40 volumes of wanting Itachi dead, I'm finally happy that Sasuske won. I almost rejoice Itachi's death, but a few more pages later, I'm mourning for him. He is now one of my favourite characters. This feels worse than the deaths of Asuma and Jiraiya.

Full manga review at https://anushanarasimhan.wordpress.co...
Jenny
Sep 12, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
[Ch. 390-402]

*cries*

I can't believe Itachi died! :(
He died for such good reasons. He reminds me of Dumbledore in a way. Like Dumbledore had so many things planned out from the very start and most of it played out the way he planned it.

OH ITACHI! D:

I did like him smiling near the end, and I love Sasuke's mangekyo sharigan. It looks like an atom.
Meaghan
May 24, 2011 Meaghan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I've already seen this part in the anime, so I knew what was coming, but oh, it gets me every time. This is officially my favorite volume so far. Without giving away anything, Sasuke learns a great deal about himself, his clan, The Leaf, and his brother, Itachi that really changes him overall. A great read and wonderfully done.
Danny Tran
Dec 11, 2014 Danny Tran rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Naruto is a VERY GOOD comic to me. The book is about a kid named Naruto, he had a beast inside him, and it's called Nine-Tails. The whole village starting to abandoned him, he had no friend and he was really lonely. He always showing what he could do and he keep messing around to gather attentions from the village but they always insults and mocking him. His dad was a Hokage, a Hokage is a person who lead and protect the village. To protect the whole village, Naruto's dad sealed the Nine-Tails i ...more
Maldini
May 14, 2012 Maldini rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing, because there is a whole lot of action and sasuke figures out the truth about his brother. Also, he meets an unexpected guest who helps him in some way and other than that this is a good book where you see who's stronger and who's been good all along.
 Chloe
Sep 05, 2011 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Love it!! Wow that's the most shocking thing that ever happened in the naruto or any anime series.. So basically sasuke killed Itachi for nothing!! Ahaha love the irony in this but can't believe sasuke sweet mom is part of it..
Stephanie Kurisunkal
Aug 08, 2009 Stephanie Kurisunkal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I thought is sad how Itachi just died and Saskue finds out the truth. I think it's crazy in the end that Saskue wants to destory Konha(can't spell!) I hope it's only to kill Danzo, no the others!
Adalira Morningstar
Oh good. For a few seconds there, I thought Sasuke was going to gently pull his head out of his ass but no, he's going to continue to learn the exact wrong lesson from everything he learns because how else would he be able to make dumb decisions and prolong this goofy ass story.

I never did learn if Itachi unwinds by carefully manicuring his fingernails but I'm going to assume the answer is yes.

Please let this volume be the last time bad guy snake guy shows up naked to generally be unimpressive
Karl Kindt
Jun 15, 2010 Karl Kindt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Sure, it seems like a silly kids' ninja series at first, but it is turning out to be deeper and more intricately told than even THE LORD OF THE RINGS.
Irene
Jun 29, 2013 Irene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: Μanga
Still crying....watched the anime, read the manga on this part *ugh*...
Just cannot stop crying, it's straight on the feels *sobs*
Kusepin
May 01, 2016 Kusepin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Akke
Feb 28, 2016 Akke rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2015, e-book
*3.75 stars
It was kinda really great. Still didn't understand half of the Japanese words.
Lord
Jun 06, 2009 Lord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Amazing volume with a shocking revelation about Konoha's past.
MayDerp
Jul 07, 2009 MayDerp rated it it was amazing
The best manga volume in Naruto- with tons of Sasuke action!
Naruto 3 24 Sep 26, 2014 08:59AM
Pritzker Summer R...: Graphic Novel 1 4 Aug 20, 2013 06:59PM
  • Bleach, Volume 15
  • One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece, #38)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)