Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 38: Practice Makes Perfect (Naruto, #38)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 38: Practice Makes Perfect (Naruto, #38)
Preview

Naruto, Vol. 38: Practice Makes Perfect (Naruto #38)

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  2,429 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Reads R to L (Japanese Style). Naruto is a ninja-in-training with a need for attention, a knack for mischief and, sealed within him, a strange, formidable power. His antics amuse his instructor Kakashi and irritate his teammates, intense Sasuke
Published March 3rd 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 38, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 38

Soul
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Carlos
Book: Naruto #38
Kishimoto’s purpose in writing his book, Naruto Vol. 38, is to let his and her audience be entertained by the nice pace fighting action in Kishimoto’s book. It’s entertaining because the book is interesting to people that like reading graphic novel or Manga in general. Have lots of pictures that get the reader’s attention. Also there are many volumes of Naruto if you enjoy the first few volumes. This book is also nice and exciting to read when bored. Lastly this book is kind of
Leighann Higgins
At this point in the series, I'm not sure if this is a reread for me. I'm guessing it's not because I only remember watching the anime at this part.

Sigh. So we meet Karin in this volume. She's such an annoying female character. Hopefully she dies soon.

It's also kind of heartbreaking to see Sasuke forming a new team and not just because it's replacing Naruto and Sakura. It's because he remembers the first lesson Kakashi taught him; TEAMWORK.

*sobs violently*
Viridian5
If not for the Sasuke parts, I would've given this a higher rating. I really don't care about Sasuke, which can be a problem for me in this series....
Ashley
Taruia
Mackenzie
While it introduces some nice new plot points, (namely, Sasuke's hand-picked new team) this felt very much like an in-between volume. Like we wrapped up a few loose ends from the last arc but haven't quite gotten into the next one.
Susan
I kind of feel like Kakuzu's inspiration was: I don't feel like drawing anything complicated, let's just grab a Sharpie. So many thick black lines....

Sasuke taunting Orochimaru=pure gold

Why are the ultimate forms always so hideous? I think those are the ugliest wings ever. Aren't wings supposed to be pretty?

Speaking of attractive choices: booty shorts? For real?

And last but not least: very classy way to get around the onnanokotachi and otokonokotachi jutsu, Viz. Never mind that it's not nearly a
Aris Kontyen
SUIGETSU! MY BABY!!! YOU HAVE COME!
Narika
I really like and enjoy reading Naruto series. And now when we are finally in the "Shippuden" section it gets more and more interesting! I really like the characters, the setting, the plot it's all very exciting to read! The art is very beautiful as well and the volume cover too! I don't actually like Sasuke that much, but good job on (view spoiler). Anyway, if you like ninjas and manga you will definitely enjoy this work! :)
Damar hening Sunyiaji
Agak kesal karena kematian orochimaru ternyata semudah itu. Saya baca ini dua tahun yg lalu, cuma pengen review. Sasuke memang sudah sampai tahap puncak penggunaan sharingan, dua level mendekati itachi, orochimaru juga sedang sakit. Tapi kenapa ternyata bisa terbunuh dalam tiga chapter. Saya pikir satu volume full juga gak cukup mengingat orochimaru adalah villains sejak jilid tiga.
Seolah diceritakan sambil lalu kematian orochimaru itu.
Wickedshizuku
Apr 12, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anime fans, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Shounen Jump
Shelves: manga, reviewed, 2007
We start this volume off with Chapter 340: A Dangerous Bridge.
Naruto and Captain Yamato have joined Ino, Kakashi, and Choji in the fight against Akatsuki member Kakuzu. After a direct hit the group discover that this foe has more than one heart.
Elsewhere Shikamaru fights a terrible opponent that uses jutsu centered on religion. Will they figure out to take down these Akatsuki members? Find out for yourselves.
Cheers!
Jinar
the book is great it is probrobly one of the best following up with the latest ones with pein and nagato it was so good that i even bought merchindice for a kakuzu costume because he realy made the book good knowing that weve already seen hidans moves the best part is when he brings out three of the four hearts because one of them was already destriod giving kakashi a big handicap.
Aleina
Yes. I hate Karin. Now that that's settled... I'm actually very interested to see all that Orochimaru has done. I'm wish Sasuke didn't just "absorb" Orochimaru though...and I wish he would he get over his vengance issue. :( I miss him and Naruto and Sakura being all cell 7.
Ercsi91
The moment many people waited for, Sasuke turnes against Orochimaru and BING! BANG!- he dies, so easily XDD
New gang, new "comrades" and stuff and more training, all in all this volume wasn't so interesting to read, just for continuing the plot^^
Chiaki-chan
suatu karya fenomenal memang biasanay akan diciptakan parodinya. yah, itu juga bisa mengangkat karya fenomenal itu semakin melangit.

kumpulan cerpen dari berbagai penulis yang dirangkum di novel ini sangat menghibur. segar.
Vitor Frazão
História do costume, volumes com Sasuke na dianteira são sempre os menos interessantes. Embora não ao ponto de baixar para 3 estrelas. Pelo menos está cercado de personagens interessantes...
Jenny
[Ch. 340-349]

Great volume. Sasuke defeats Orochimaru, finally. It's interesting to see what'll happen next. You also learn that Naruto can't do the Rasen-shuriken anymore. :(
Alexandre Meyer
i liked this book because sauske was an idiot beacause he killed his master, orochimaru, the fatso! and sauske made his team.
Jules
Storyline's taken a turn for the better. What an interesting twist. The new generation rises..
Grant Wilcock
just when i thought orochimaru was about to have total controle sauske goes and kills him
Emmy Lou
1 star for Naruto's awesome rasengan
2 stars for Sasuke's hotness :D
Kathleen
Finally a distraction jutsu for the ladies. Silly Konohamaru.
stephanie
karin is not sexy. those shorts are not flattering.
Cris Lightwood
Me he quedado perdidísima, ahora sí que no entiendo nada...
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama dibaca 5 Maret 2008.
Calsi
Why does Sasuke have to be so cute damnit.
Sooyong
One of the best naruto manga ive read.
Devy
Monday October 22, 20 minutes
  • Bleach Volume 23: ¡Mala Suerte! (Bleach #23)
  • One Piece, Bd.41, Kriegserklärung (One Piece, #41)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)
Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三 Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11) Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5) Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)