Start by marking “Dancing In the Dark (Streets of Fire, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dancing In the Dark (Streets of Fire, #1)

Dancing In the Dark (Streets of Fire #1)

Detective Nick D'Amato has always been content with his lack-of-commitment love life. For a gay cop in the don't ask-don't tell N.Y.P.D., free and easy always seemed the least complicated route.

William, the new man in his life, has Nick rethinking his priorities. Will's perspective on life and love is different than anything Nick has ever encountered, making him that muc

Kindle Edition
Published (first published December 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dancing In the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dancing In the Dark

Julia
Pretty good. I'm a whore for cop stories, so I might've liked it a little bit more just because of that. The dialog is a tad off in places, but still not bad. I think the main thing that kept me from giving it a higher rating was the length. I would've loved to see these characters in a fuller picture. I would've liked to know more about the relationship between Nick and Will, maybe earlier in their relationship. I would've liked to see Nick's family when he visited and had more of a mystery wit ...more
Alina
Aug 25, 2011 Alina rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!
I like cops and I like stories about hustlers, so this story was a double win for me.
And I didn't have a problem with the absence of condoms. I think the author used it as emphasis for Nick and Will's 'special' relationship and if Will was safe all the other times - it's not a problem for me, esecially since it's fiction and not real life :)
Erotic Horizon
Nov 20, 2008 Erotic Horizon rated it really liked it
On one of their regular drink nights Detective Nick D’Amato sits at the bar with his two best buddies in the world, and evades the question of his love life. At a phase in their life where they are more concerned with age creeping up on them than anything else, they enjoy a running tease of who’s doing what to whom when they meet. Little did his friends realize that Nick is in a hot affair with someone they wouldn’t give the time of day to. In a job with it’s don’t ask don’t tell attitude, its l ...more
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 Eyre rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, lgbt
Really a 3.5.

Nick works in the vice division of N.Y.P.D. Every other week he gets together with his two best friends at a local bar. These three have two things in common--they went through the police academy together, and they're gay. Nick's buddies tend to tease him about finding a man, but he's keeping a secret from them. He already has a man. In fact, he's had him for nine months, but the relationship is complicated and Will is someone that his friends might have trouble accepting.

This story
mlady_rebecca
This was a free eBook I got around Christmas, so not exactly something I'd pick on my own. I read very little contemporary romance. I tend to find them dry overall. So it wasn't really a surprise that this ended up being a time killing throw-away read.

For the romance side of the story, a male vice detective that falls in love with a male prostitute. Okay, somewhat shades of "Pretty Woman", but for some reason it really bothered me that they had unprotected sex. Not only did they have unprotected
Lily

This was a nice story about a cop in love with a hooker and while it started out well in the end it was a bit disappointing for me. I liked Nick and his friends but for some reason his relationship with William never grabbed me. The main reason I think was the fact that they didn't use condoms. I know they were in a relationship for a few months but William was still turning tricks and didn't seem inclined to stop doing so. I would have thought that Nick would've been smarter than that.
Janie
Sep 11, 2014 Janie rated it liked it
While I thoroughly enjoy a cop and hustler love story, I find it hard to believe that Nick would have sex with Will without a condom. Yes I get they were in love and the sex was incredible and I really like when there is no condom in the stories, but come on, Will was a prostitute for gods sake. Even if he was careful and used condoms with all his johns, there is still the chance he could have gotten something from them. I really liked the rest of this story but I had a hard time with that.
Coffee
Dec 13, 2011 Coffee rated it it was ok
I have two things to say about this book. First: mullet? LMAO and secondly: condomless sex with a hooker?

This would have scored higher if it weren't for those two things.
Don Bradshaw
Great tightrope walk on both sides of the law. Too much sex for me in this short a story. Both Nick and Will were well fleshed out. Sam and Gil were the perfect addition as Nick's friends.
Rhowena
Arzu
Feb 15, 2010 Arzu rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Alan
Alan rated it did not like it
Jun 25, 2016
Courtney
Courtney rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2011
Hilcia
Hilcia rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
May 16, 2009
Jenna Byrnes
Apr 18, 2009 Jenna Byrnes rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
~RMG
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
May 28, 2009
Robert
Robert rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2010
Notta Chance
Notta Chance rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2013
JenMcJ
JenMcJ rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2009
Blackrei
Blackrei rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2010
Oct 12, 2012
Sarah rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2009
Leni
Leni rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2013
Antonette
Antonette rated it really liked it
Dec 22, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Beautiful Cocksucker
  • Miles to Go
  • L.A. Heat (L.A., #1)
  • The Pro
  • Hidden Force (Tennessee Cops, #1)
  • Naked Dragon
  • Undercover Blues (Undercover Blues, #1)
  • Bring The Heat
  • Mahu Surfer (Mahu #2)
  • Arresting Developments
  • Summer Fever
  • In For A Penny (All In #1)
  • Hell Cop
  • Holed Up (Up to Trouble, #1)
  • Pretty Man
  • Talking with the Dead
  • Sleight of Hand
  • From Away
Jenna Byrnes could use more cabinet space and more hours in a day. She’d fill the kitchen with gadgets her husband purchases off TV and let him cook for her to his heart’s content. She’d breeze through the days adding hours of sleep, and more time for writing the hot, erotic romance she loves to read.

Jenna thinks everyone deserves a happy ending, and loves to provide as many of those as possible t
More about Jenna Byrnes...

Streets of Fire (3 books)
  • Born To Run (Streets of Fire, #2)
  • Hungry Heart (Streets of Fire, #3)