Start by marking “Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)” as Want to Read:
Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales, #1)

Head Over Heels (Urban Fairytales #1)

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  631 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews

Sometimes you have to make your own happily ever after.

Working at the Glass Slipper is anything but a fairytale for Cyn Elder. After one especially long day, all she wants is to kick off her shoes and put her feet up, but she reluctantly lets her friends drag her out to a new club.

Movie mogul and fledgling club owner Parker Maguire is bored with the Hollywood scene and

Published (first published November 5th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Head Over Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head Over Heels

Emily
Cynthia "Cyn" Elder is tired and cranky after a way to long day at work, protesting when her friends haul her to a new club opening. Just wanting to rest her feet, she gives one of the bouncers a piece of her mind when Parker Maguire, part owner of the club and Hollywood royalty, happens upon them. Entertained by the spitfire who seems to have qualms giving her opinion about the club, bodyguard, and him for that matter.

Bored with the tedious path his life has taken, he finds Cyn refreshing and
ツ Renée
Dec 13, 2012 ツ Renée rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
This was a hot modern day Cinderella story. Loved the chemistry between Parker and Cyn, and Meshell and Miller were too funny.
Savannah- Quad Motherin' Book Readin' Diva
Ladies......

I really liked this book. Shocking at this point. Especially considering I've read quite a few from this author and this one stands out head and shoulders above the rest. Not sure what she had going on with some of her others, but I have almost no complaints about it beyond the length. Its not terribly short, but the fact that I feel like she sacrificed some material that the book would have benefitted from knocks off a star. The days when "Cyn" stayed with "Palmer" in his house in B
UnusualChild{beppy}
synopsis:
cyn works at her father's shoe store, but she works long hours because her father's girlfriend's daughters are supposed to work there too, but cyn has to cover a lot of their shifts. cyn doesn't want to tell her father and have him be disappointed that they can't all get along. her friends drag her out to a club opening, where she meets parker, who has just invested in the club. he's also a movie mogul, but cyn doesn't recognize him. after a night of great conversation, cyn leaves, but
Tina
Oct 19, 2012 Tina rated it liked it
And erotica that is actually a little on the sweet side. This is a modern re-telling of Cinderella and is very, very faithful to it. Cyn works in her father's shoe store called The Glass Slipper. She has the requisite awful step-mother and two trifling step-sisters.

At a party she meets a rich, handsome movie mogul who, in true princely fashion ,sets out to sweep her off her feet.

There is really nothing that sets this book out from the pack. Cyn was nice and Parker was hot. The writing was fun a
Mspraise50
Nov 24, 2014 Mspraise50 rated it it was amazing
This is another Cinderella story by an author I have read many times before. I enjoy her books but this book had managed to escape my attention. Another reader recommended it to me as a good Cinderella story.

This is Cyn and Parker's story. I loved Cyn because she was sassy and not a total walk over like so many of the Citronellas that we read about. She stood up to her step-sisters and mother, that did not stop them doing the dirty on her but she gave them a tongue lashing when she caught them.

T
Sonya
Unfortunately, the cover has absolutely nothing to do with the story. I am in favor of better artistic expression in regards to developing book covers, my opinion...of course.

This is a sweet story. I liked how Matthews' chose to develop the relationship between Parker and Cyn - they talked and talked. This is important...essential, really. Relationships runs on the rails of communication, without it failure is inevitable.

Another like, Parker and Cyn were honest and direct with each other about
Yolanda
Feb 15, 2014 Yolanda rated it really liked it
Cute romance. i liked how they met and the way the romance developed, not real fast but keep me interested in story and the couple. i of course love the really hot sex scenes but nothing new for Matthews they are usually very steamy. One book i would put in my reread pile.
Shona Parker
Sep 14, 2011 Shona Parker rated it it was amazing
Ahhh a modern day fairy tale that's not to far fetch from reality!!! I loooovveeddd Parker!!!! He was the most non-arrogant millionaire I'm sure that's out there! He loved Cyn the moment he met her, not that what you call love at first sight! With those wicked witches of sisters it balanced out the flamboyant Flame of *Shelton* and the nonchalant demeanor of Miller (who might I add made a girl wanna grab a few gay/drag friends) every girl needs one or two of them in their life!!! Her father i th ...more
Mandy J
Dec 10, 2015 Mandy J rated it liked it
I really thought I'd read this story before but maybe not. A fun, short, sweet read :)
Ragatnia Clara
Actually, I enjoyed read page to page.

I liked the characters, I liked how Cyn was bold enough and wasn't trying to hide her interests to Parker. I liked the story line flows. I liked almost everything. Yep, almost. Because what left me hanging is the response from Parker's parents. I knew that they didn't oppose Parker with black woman, but still, I was curious with their conversation, whether they engaged with one another or so. Four stars it is.
Imjstgr8
Sep 21, 2012 Imjstgr8 rated it really liked it
Aww how refreshing this book was.... THIS is the way Cinderella needs to be told... a fiesty princess that takes no stuff from "the steps" & a sexy rich prince. The fact that it was interracial made it better.... This story made me a believer of fairy tales once again.... Great book. Great characters. Great writing... Recommended.
Beate
Jan 09, 2011 Beate rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
This is a serious Cinderella story. All the way down to the names. You have your shoes, wicked step family, fairy godfather, a prince, and everything else. A fun read. I'll be picking up next book in the series. Something about wolves and eating you... :D
Shana
Dec 20, 2010 Shana rated it it was amazing
This book was just a happy and good feeling book and I really enjoyed it. I was definitely not predictable entirely which is cool with me.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
This was a funny reinterpretation of Cinderella. I found this to be lighthearted and amusing. Nice way to set it to contemporary life.
Tony
Jun 01, 2011 Tony rated it liked it
Shelves: z-list
This cover has nothing to do with book. The story is really cute and enjoyed the similarity to "Cinderella". Cute Cute Cute
Lady Raven RAVE!
Feb 05, 2011 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it really liked it
Good read I loved it they are not the main characters but Miller and Meshell too funny good read for me
Mel
Nice read...the cover doesn't do the book justice; in fact, it doesn't match at all.
Sara
Aug 28, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
Very nice quick read. Well worth the cpl of hrs. Funny, romantic and slightly dramatic.
Jenni
Jul 12, 2010 Jenni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reread, kindle
Found this book funny and refreshing will definitely re-read at some point
Kimchi
Feb 17, 2009 Kimchi rated it really liked it
Shelves: adultshelf, mordern
This is a cute story, with alot of spunk. I liked it, and will read it again.
Elizabeth
Dec 27, 2009 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Followed the writer
Loved this take on the Cinderella story!
Shayna
Mar 31, 2009 Shayna rated it really liked it
Pretty good short story. Lena never disappoints.
Angelique Hannold
Jan 26, 2013 Angelique Hannold rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable book and a fast read.
Camylle
Jan 22, 2014 Camylle rated it really liked it
Shelves: naughty-bits
This was a light and fun read!
Angie
love it!!!!:)
Dreamlover
Dec 10, 2012 Dreamlover rated it liked it
Good read.
  • Kincade's Rose (The Megalodon Team, #1)
  • Rock Star (Rockers of Storm Crow #1)
  • Trolling Nights
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Love Script
  • Finding Opa! (The Lonely Hearts, #2)
  • Taming the Scotsman
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • Again
  • Special Forces
  • Adrienne (A Bron Universe Novel #1)
  • Night to Remember
  • Closer To You: Lee (The Drace Brothers #3)
  • The Sweetest Taboo (Redemption, #5)
  • What White Boyz Want
  • Nice Girls Do (Taking Chances)
  • Illicit Attraction
Lena Matthews spends her days dreaming about handsome heroes and her nights with her own personal hero. Married to her college sweetheart, she is the proud mother of two children, three evil dogs, and a mess of ants that she can't seem to get rid of.

When not writing she can be found reading, watching movies, lifting up the cushions on the couch to look for batteries for the remote control and plot
More about Lena Matthews...

Urban Fairytales (3 books)
  • The Better to Eat You With (Urban Fairytales, #2)
  • Priceless (Urban Fairytales)