Start by marking “Mimosa Grove” as Want to Read:
Mimosa Grove

Mimosa Grove

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  998 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
In a place as haunting as it is beautiful, anything can happen...

Laurel Scanlon has the gift of second sight, an ability passed down to the eldest daughter of each generation. It is this gift—or curse, perhaps—that drove her own mother mad and has left Laurel unwilling to trust in love...except in her dreams.

Anxious for a new beginning, she decides to retreat to Mimosa Gro
Published April 1st 2004 by Mira (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Mimosa Grove, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mimosa Grove

Lyndi
Apr 26, 2016 Lyndi rated it it was amazing
I tend to avoid the "ghosts and voodoo of the bayou" stories because they're usually kitschy and play on stereotypes of bayou culture. But I think Dinah McCall did well with this one. She didn't use the stereotypes I see so often but still gave us some realistic characters that are pretty true to the culture.

Again, no mystery when it came to the threat towards our main characters. But there was a secondary mystery with the ghosts that was really interesting. I was shocked at how that turned out,
Saly
Rating 3.5
Decent book. The heroine is psychic but people around her don't accept her and it goes the same for her father, he thinks she will go mad like her mother. Tired of the pretensiousiness around, she leaves DC when she receieves an inheritence from her grandmother who she didn't know well. In her new surroundings she finds acceptence, since people there accept her sight.

She is also shocked to meet Justin, the mystery lover she has been dreaming about for months, Justin has had the same dr
Nancy Brady
Nov 02, 2012 Nancy Brady rated it liked it
An atypical romance involving old mysteries and new. Laurel, like her mother and grandmother before her, is a psychic. She "sees" things including a few spirits. She also dreams vividly of a mystery lover. Bringing all these things together happen when she inherits her grandmother's home, Mimosa Grove. Her father is skeptical and unaccepting of her "gift", but is bereft when she leaves Washington for Louisiana. Will Laurel solve the mystery of the diary of her ancestor? Will she find her mystery ...more
Ritika
Sam~Alpha Male Addict~ Woodley Duenas
Love the romance between the Hh. "Fated to be mated" feelings and insta-love but the surprise is that it actually isn't "insta-love" in a sense. I won't spoil but i really liked how the author did the romance.

I also love that there wasn't any denial, any will they won't they crap. The Hh just...knew. And they accepted their love for each other. Love it!

The whole mystery of the ghost of Mimosa Grove was ok for me. Kind of predictable in a way but also had unpredictable elements to it. I was sti
Jessica Poole
May 09, 2014 Jessica Poole rated it it was amazing
This book could not be put down. I read the whole thing in just nine hours. I loved it would be a gross understatement. It touched my heart in some places and made me laugh in others. Etching that above all else acceptance in key.
Jes
Jul 15, 2009 Jes rated it really liked it
This is a typical girlie read, but it was good. Well written and she took the time to actually flush the characters out. It was an easy read, one I could pick up for a minute or two when I had a break.
Della
Sep 29, 2015 Della rated it really liked it
A romantic mystery with some paranormal thrown in to make it even better. Laurel Scanlon who has the gift of sight, loses the man in her life because of her gift. Each night she has erotic dreams of a man she does not know. When her grandmother dies, who she does not know, leaves her Mimosa Grove, a house in Louisiana and she decides to move there but expects to be treated badly because of her gift, but is welcomed and with in days of her arrival saves a young girl lost in the Bayou. The young g ...more
Padgy
Mar 26, 2011 Padgy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
This was a quick read and a departure from what I have been reading. It was a little far fetched but still enjoyable.
Tonya Lucas
Jun 29, 2014 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing
Awesome book could not put down!
Ash
Oct 11, 2015 Ash rated it really liked it
Gina
Nov 11, 2009 Gina rated it really liked it
I thought the book was great! While we already know the answers to the mysteries (kinda knowing one and come to the conclusion that our assumption's right - Chantelle and that bastard husband of hers!), it was still great to watch the characters come together. I truly felt Laurel's heartbreak and despair, I felt how sad and happy she felt when realizing that the people around Mimosa Grove and Bayou Jean accepted her simply for who she was and what she could do. I thought Trigger deserved what he ...more
Anita
Jun 20, 2013 Anita rated it really liked it
Laurel has psychic abilities that have been passed down to the oldest daughter in each generation. Her father, Robert, a federal prosecutor, has no place in his life for a child with this gift. Laurel has inherited her grandmother's home in Bayou Jean, LA and the ghosts that live there too. With her life in DC going nowhere she tells her father goodbye and moves to Mimosa Grove. She is dismayed to find the townspeople know that grandmother Marcella had the gift and outright ask her if she has it ...more
Roberta
Sep 15, 2015 Roberta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read! Classic Sala!

I finished this book in 24 hours. I know some can read faster but for me that's pretty damn fast...lol. Sharon Sala once again proves why she is a number one best seller. She pulls you right in to the story. Allowing you to feel what the characters are feeling and let's you experience everything they are in great detail. I would recommend this book to everyone. But especially those who love contemporary romance with a bit of intrigue and the supernatural. Amazing read!
Mary Baker
Dec 15, 2014 Mary Baker rated it liked it
I'm not sure how to classify this novel: mystery, contemporary fiction, paranormal, fantasy? Mimosa Grove did provide good escape; it did capture the reader's attention, but, I did think parts of the plot could have been developed more. I would also believe the love scenes if I had felt the main characters had got to know each other better. I do think Dinah McCall has a good writing style which always helps reading a novel more quickly.
Deepanwita Chanda
Aug 01, 2015 Deepanwita Chanda rated it really liked it
The story of this book depicts two different worlds of past and present. Though it contains supernatural content but the story is very unique and it kept be glued to the book. The main character of this novel is a psychic who finds her fate intertwined with an enigmatic spirit of her ancestor. The plot is intriguing. And her story-telling has a warmth that touches heart.
Miriam Bizzarro
Sep 20, 2015 Miriam Bizzarro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent!

Excellent, this book kept me enthralled to the last typed word. The story flowed and ebbed like a slow running river, with love and lives lost, and then found. This author knows how to spin a story! Will be reading more of her books!!!
charmaine White
May 25, 2015 charmaine White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

As always Sharon Salas has come up with a new twist and a really good story.Holds you from beginning to end.
Tracie Petersen
Dec 10, 2009 Tracie Petersen rated it it was ok
This book was published by the Sci-fi/fantasy offshoot of Harlequin, so I really wasn't expecting much from this book chosen for my book club. However, the book had an actual plot and semi-developed characters. Don't get me wrong, the girl was still the typical beautiful, misunderstood, and totally horny romance heroine, and the guy was the textbook hero that saves the day while also rocking the girl's world. Plot twists were enjoyable (and totally predictable), but at least the story had SOME m ...more
Teresa
Aug 25, 2015 Teresa rated it really liked it
Shelves:
Liked the psychic, ghost, and history part very much. The sex in it was great. Very well written.
Crystal
Feb 02, 2016 Crystal rated it really liked it
Loved this book. set in the Louisiana bayou, the charm of the south comes alive in this novel about discovering one's hidden talents and being able to handle them,
Tabatha Wilson
Feb 27, 2014 Tabatha Wilson rated it really liked it
This book got me back into reading again. I enjoyed this book very much.
Erika
Sep 24, 2014 Erika rated it it was amazing
The only book I've ever wanted to read over and over again
Amy Brack
I read this book for the 2015 Reading Challenge "A book with magic" category.

2 1/2 stars, but luckily it only $1.99 (I love the Amazon Kindle Daily Deals!). My biggest problem was typos that should have been caught in editing. Besides that, it was a predictable and simple read.
Adrienne Testa
fragmented story attempting to intertwine the past with the present. It falls short, leaving the reader to bounce between the paranormal, murder and mystery.
Dee
Jul 27, 2011 Dee rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed " Mimosa Grove" by Dinah McCall! Its a great a mystery ronmance!The main character went home again. Most of the story occured in my home state of Louisanna. I often wished that would happen to me and I could live in one of the old mansions.She is able to see things before they happen . The story kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for what was going to happen next! I could'nt put it down! Awesome read I highly recommend!
Kristi
May 12, 2016 Kristi rated it it was amazing
Great read. I wasn't able to put it down until I completely finished it.
Joanne
Jul 06, 2011 Joanne rated it really liked it
Laura Scanlon has the gift of sight just as the eldest daughter of each generation had. Her father, who is a federal prosecuter had never believed her mother nor her. Her grandmother passed away and left her Mimosa Grove which still contains unrestfull spirits. Laura has moved to Mimosa Grove but the man that her father is prosecuting has a hitman follow her father there so he can kidnap Laura and then her father will make a deal.
Tiffany Kramer
May 27, 2016 Tiffany Kramer rated it liked it
This has an interesting plot but my overall enjoyment went down the moment the insta-love between the two main protagonist kicked in, though to be fair romance has never exactly been my thing. There are still some good moments throughout but the ending fell a little flat for me and the explanation behind the insta-love didn't sit well with me.
Hilcia
A good romance suspense riddled with predictable situations. The female psychic possesses some flawless, powerful mojo. There is no conflict to the romance, all is hearts and roses throughout. Still, I enjoyed the Louisiana Bayou as the setting, the cast of secondary characters, and the likable protagonists.
  • Sweet Baby
Dinah McCall is a pseudonym for author Sharon Sala.

It was a job she hated that drove Sharon Sala to put the first page of paper in an old typewriter, but it was the love of the craft that kept her writing. Her first efforts at writing came in 1980 when she began a book that wound up under her bed. A second book followed in 1981 and suffered a similar fate, but she claims the writing bug had bitten
More about Dinah McCall...