Start by marking “Artful Work” as Want to Read:
Artful Work

Artful Work

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Understanding the connection between work and art is a sure way to infuse passion into any job, writes graphic artist-turned-business-consultant Dick Richards. In Artful Work: Awakening Joy, Meaning, and Commitment in the Workplace, he ties both together in a way that shows each in a refreshing new light. This book is not for everyone, but its ideas and suggestions will pr ...more
Published July 1st 1997 by Berkley Trade (first published January 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Artful Work, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Artful Work

Matthew
A fantastic assertion that the day in day out monday through friday fire drill we all run could actually be enjoyable, meaningful, philosophically fulfilling, and artistic.

We gotta be there anyway...right? Shouldn't we decide to be in charge of the process, mentally, and find a way to make it just that?

This book gives several strategies and ways of thinking that affirm that just such a world is possible. Good strong read I may want to read again.
Jim Razinha
Mostly fluff, though I'm sure the author didn't think he was writing fluff. A door closed in my attempted open mind when he started talking about spiritual energy and how we have to incorporate it in the workplace. Physical and mental, yes; even emotional energies, but spiritual?
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Dana
Dana marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2014
Pei-Yao
Pei-Yao marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Jeremy Patton
Jeremy Patton marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2013
Mindy
Mindy marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2007
Is Your Genius At Work?: 4 Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Career Move The Art of Winning Commitment: 10 Ways Leaders Can Engage Minds, Hearts, and Spirits South East Asian Ceramics: Thai, Khmer, And Vietnamese From The Collection Of The Art Gallery Of South Australia, Adelaide (Asia Collection) Setting Your Genius Free Workin' Mime to Five: The Hidden Secrets of Cruise Ship Pantomimery; Revealed!