Start by marking “Water” as Want to Read:
Water

Water

The most trusted nonfiction series on the market, Eyewitness Books provide an in-depth, comprehensive look at their subjects with a unique integration of words and pictures.
Water dives into every aspect of Earth's most precious resource-its chemical properties, its movement around the planet, and why it is essential for all life.
Published March 30th 2009 by DK Children

To ask other readers questions about Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Water

Dannie
Oct 08, 2016 Dannie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im a fan of all the DK Eyewitness books! This one is just as thorough and detailed as the others Ive have a chance to read. It really breaks down a lot of characteristics of water and why its extremely important for all life on earth. Its a great resource for anyone, not just children, who wants to learn more about water and its properties. ...more
Darlene
Jul 31, 2013 Darlene rated it it was amazing
Book 61 Bibliographic Citation:
Woodward, J. (2009). Water. New York, NY: DK Publishing.

Age/Grade Level: (Ages 11--114, Grades 5—8)

Summary:
We take water for granted but clean water is a precious resource. From the water cycle and fishing to water conflict and power, this book shares beautifully illustrated photos and facts on all things water.

Awards/Reviewing Sources:
Wilson's Junior High School 01/09/10
2013 Los Angeles Unified School District Approved Title

Curriculum Content/Standard for 21st Cen
Julie
Apr 02, 2015 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: home-school
This book took us a while to get through, but it was very interesting and by the end I think it had a very positive impact on my 7 year old. She is now much more aware of why we shouldn't waste water and why we are so lucky to have precious, clean, piped in and heated water. It was very interesting and informative on a number of levels. Eyewitness is one of my favorite resources for school.
Selma Bendaoud
This month I read a non-fiction book called "Water" by John Woodward. Water is the most important element on earth it is a simple combination of hydrogen and oxygen. Water probably common throughout the universe, but most commonly inform of ice or water vapor. Liquid water is very rare because it can exist only within a limited temperature range. Liquid water is essential for every living organism and for the earth. If there were no water on our planet, Earth would be a sterile ball of rock. Wat ...more
Cara
Cara rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Rickey
Rickey rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2011
Menglong Youk
Menglong Youk rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2011
Spenser
Spenser rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Jbondandrews
Jbondandrews marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2011
Shania
Shania marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
storystereo
storystereo marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Aug 19, 2014
Barbara Cook
Barbara Cook marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Lauren Vogt
Lauren Vogt marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Arto
Arto added it
May 06, 2016
Mary Allan
Mary Allan marked it as to-read
May 27, 2016
ChildRoots
ChildRoots marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2016