Start by marking “The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)

The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin #2)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  457 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
In this sequel to The Pact, investment banker/detective Rachel Benjamin heads to Boston, where she plans to squeeze in quality time with her promising new boyfriend. Things change when Rachel's friend is attacked, perhaps by a serial killer on the loose.
Published December 1st 2005 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Jinx, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jinx

faeriemyst
Sep 28, 2011 faeriemyst rated it did not like it
Jan. 16, 2008
I'm close to the middle of the book and am not sure if I want to read on because of these reasons...

(1) I've picked this book up numerous times, in many months I might add, and have only read a few pages at a time. Definitely not a good sign.
(2) It's slow and rather boring
(3) Rachel's been irritating - whiny, pompous, dumb, and she overreacts.. This doesn't sound like the girl from the first book.
(4) I am so sick of hearing about her Diet Coke addiction! WTF?????!!!!!
(5) Ms. Sturman
Devon
Mar 16, 2014 Devon rated it really liked it
I read and loved `THE PACT' by Jennifer Sturman and couldn't wait to get my hands on her newest mystery featuring the always lovable and intelligent heroine Rachel Benjamin. I expected great things from Sturman's newest and `THE JINX' definitely delivered.

In Jennifer Sturman's second novel the gangs all back together, this time in Boston for their annual "roommate reunion". Rachel, while there on business vows to dedicate her weekend to her friends Hillary, Luisa, Jane and Emma while squeezing i
Molly Morris
Mar 05, 2014 Molly Morris rated it really liked it
I was surprised by how good this little mystery was. It had wit, charm, intrigue and kept me reading. You can't help but like the main character, Rachel.
Kristen
Jul 14, 2015 Kristen rated it liked it
This was pretty slow going in the beginning and a little hard to get in to. But it picked up the pace later and I ended up enjoying it.
Adina
Mar 16, 2013 Adina rated it really liked it
Since this is the second book in the series, it continues with the relationship of Rachel and Peter. I LOVED the end of this book, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series. I knew that Peter would never cheat on Rachel, but because of my stupidness, I looked at the end of the book before ever starting reading the book (so I knew that he would propose). Buy I know that if I didn't know the end, I would start to get a little suspicious, especially with the late calls, jewelry sto ...more
Rena
Aug 16, 2015 Rena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nook, cozy-mysteries
Despite its issues, I am enjoying this series. Rachel is my kinda girl.
Stephanie
Dec 08, 2015 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Fun, pretty silly at times, light read! Enjoyed it!
Jenn
Feb 07, 2015 Jenn rated it really liked it
Stacy
Jul 28, 2011 Stacy rated it it was ok
It was an easy read. It took a while to get into, but I stayed up an hour and a half later than I wanted to last night so that I could finish the book. Quite a bit of it was predictable, but it was an easy, mindless, fun read.
Bridget
Aug 03, 2007 Bridget rated it liked it
There were a few times I thought the mystery was obvious and I thought I knew whodunit, but I ended up being wrong! Always a nice surprise when reading a mystery.
Marie
Jan 05, 2013 Marie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
I almost gave this Girly, fast and frantic book three stars instead of four because of the main character's hatred towards live jazz. What's up with that?!?!
Kim
Jan 09, 2008 Kim rated it really liked it
This is the second book I have read by this author and I loved this one as much as the first! Fairly quick read, not entirely predictable. Great!
Charity
Jun 13, 2007 Charity rated it it was amazing
Another installment in chick lit mystery by Sturman. Same heroine, different plot. Just as good. Loved it.
Kristy
Sep 14, 2008 Kristy rated it it was ok
read this since it was written by a Goldman classmate of mine - entertaining, light read
Valerie
Oct 21, 2013 Valerie rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first book much better. The Jinx seemed to drag.
Erin
Jul 15, 2008 Erin rated it really liked it
Same characters from the Pact, but not as good as the Pact
Apr 17, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it
The Jinx (Red Dress Ink Novels) by Jennifer Sturman (2005)
Heather
May 08, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: jennifer-sturman
Fun read...I enjoy this series.
Dawn
Aug 23, 2014 Dawn rated it liked it
Easy and enjoyable read.
Sharon
Jun 11, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it
A fast light read but good.
Lynn Calvin
ereader ebook
Colleen
Sep 26, 2008 Colleen rated it it was amazing
Very entertaining
Lucy
Lucy rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2016
mary a fullerton
mary a fullerton rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2016
Jackie
Jackie added it
Jul 31, 2016
Abigail
Abigail rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2016
Rachel Rosenthal
Rachel Rosenthal rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2016
Nia Johnson
Nia Johnson rated it it was amazing
Jul 18, 2016
Tammy Goldthorpe
Tammy Goldthorpe marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • Bombshell
  • Questions to Ask Before Marrying
  • The Dairy Queen
  • Crossing the Line (Jane Taylor, #2)
  • Diary of a Blues Goddess
  • Me Vs. Me
  • True Lies of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen, #2)
  • 21 Steps to Happiness
Jennifer Sturman is the author of several mystery novels, including The Pact and The Jinx. After graduating from Harvard College, Jennifer earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She now lives in New York City, a few blocks from Delia’s aunt Charley (And Then Everything Unraveled). She has no free time, but if she did she would probably spend it watching teen movie classics from the '80s.
More about Jennifer Sturman...

Rachel Benjamin (4 books)
  • The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1)
  • The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3)
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)