Start by marking “The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)

The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin #2)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  400 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When everything's going right, it's a sure sign that things are about to go very, very wrong.

Rachel Benjamin's life might look glamorous but she has worked into the early morning on more nights, canceled more weekend plans and slept in more Holiday Inns in small industrial towns than she cares to count. (Standard practice in the business of mergers and acquisitions.) And

Published December 1st 2005 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about The Jinx, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jinx

faeriemyst
Jan. 16, 2008
I'm close to the middle of the book and am not sure if I want to read on because of these reasons...

(1) I've picked this book up numerous times, in many months I might add, and have only read a few pages at a time. Definitely not a good sign.
(2) It's slow and rather boring
(3) Rachel's been irritating - whiny, pompous, dumb, and she overreacts.. This doesn't sound like the girl from the first book.
(4) I am so sick of hearing about her Diet Coke addiction! WTF?????!!!!!
(5) Ms. Sturman
Devon
I read and loved `THE PACT' by Jennifer Sturman and couldn't wait to get my hands on her newest mystery featuring the always lovable and intelligent heroine Rachel Benjamin. I expected great things from Sturman's newest and `THE JINX' definitely delivered.

In Jennifer Sturman's second novel the gangs all back together, this time in Boston for their annual "roommate reunion". Rachel, while there on business vows to dedicate her weekend to her friends Hillary, Luisa, Jane and Emma while squeezing i
Molly Morris
I was surprised by how good this little mystery was. It had wit, charm, intrigue and kept me reading. You can't help but like the main character, Rachel.
Adina
Since this is the second book in the series, it continues with the relationship of Rachel and Peter. I LOVED the end of this book, and I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series. I knew that Peter would never cheat on Rachel, but because of my stupidness, I looked at the end of the book before ever starting reading the book (so I knew that he would propose). Buy I know that if I didn't know the end, I would start to get a little suspicious, especially with the late calls, jewelry sto ...more
Jenn
Stacy
It was an easy read. It took a while to get into, but I stayed up an hour and a half later than I wanted to last night so that I could finish the book. Quite a bit of it was predictable, but it was an easy, mindless, fun read.
Bridget
There were a few times I thought the mystery was obvious and I thought I knew whodunit, but I ended up being wrong! Always a nice surprise when reading a mystery.
Marie
I almost gave this Girly, fast and frantic book three stars instead of four because of the main character's hatred towards live jazz. What's up with that?!?!
Kim
This is the second book I have read by this author and I loved this one as much as the first! Fairly quick read, not entirely predictable. Great!
Charity
Another installment in chick lit mystery by Sturman. Same heroine, different plot. Just as good. Loved it.
Kristy
read this since it was written by a Goldman classmate of mine - entertaining, light read
Valerie
I enjoyed the first book much better. The Jinx seemed to drag.
Erin
Same characters from the Pact, but not as good as the Pact
The Jinx (Red Dress Ink Novels) by Jennifer Sturman (2005)
Heather
Fun read...I enjoy this series.
Dawn
Easy and enjoyable read.
Sharon
A fast light read but good.
Lynn Calvin
ereader ebook
Colleen
Very entertaining
Lanadelfiction
Lanadelfiction marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Carolyn
Carolyn marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Pilar Bower
Pilar Bower is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2015
Rachelle Dorr
Rachelle Dorr marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
  • Miss Bubbles Steals the Show
  • True Lies of a Drama Queen (Drama Queen, #2)
  • Girl Most Likely to
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • Killer Summer
  • The Night I Got Lucky
  • Joyride
  • Diary of a Blues Goddess
  • Crossing the Line (Jane Taylor, #2)
  • What Men Want
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • Tart
  • The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Passion, Betrayal And Killer Highlights (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #2)
  • Slightly Married (Slightly, #4)
  • Me vs. Me
  • The Dairy Queen (Red Dress Ink Novels)
Jennifer Sturman is the author of several mystery novels, including The Pact and The Jinx. After graduating from Harvard College, Jennifer earned her MBA from Harvard Business School. She now lives in New York City, a few blocks from Delia’s aunt Charley (And Then Everything Unraveled). She has no free time, but if she did she would probably spend it watching teen movie classics from the '80s.
More about Jennifer Sturman...

Rachel Benjamin (4 books)
  • The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1)
  • The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3)
  • The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4)
The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1) And Then Everything Unraveled The Key (Rachel Benjamin, #3) The Hunt (Rachel Benjamin, #4) And Then I Found Out the Truth