Start by marking “The All-Soul's Faire” as Want to Read:
The All-Soul's Faire

The All-Soul's Faire

A goat's head staring back at Detective Cole Bryant from within the bowels of his latest victim sets forth a string of unnatural deaths among the teenagers that live in the shadow of the cursed North Mountain. Trying to solve the case only brings Cole closer to dark side where temptation, sex and sinful ways lure him into the world of a family whose backwoods morals aren't ...more
Published October 31st 2006 by Ferrell Tallman Publishing, Inc. (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The All-Soul's Faire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The All-Soul's Faire

Zack
Nov 14, 2007 Zack marked it as to-read
What can I say . . . rumored to be the definitive horror book about hillbillies written by hillbillies.

Given the high level of intellectual discourse on the comment boards, I just couldn't resist adding this book to my 'to read' shelf. Apparently, the author has given it 5 stars on GoodReads, and she likes to compare herself to Faulkner, so it must be good.

Please do note that I feel well qualified to be able to read and review this book because I went through a significant Stephen King reading
GUD Magazine
Sep 28, 2007 GUD Magazine rated it did not like it
If you can never get enough horror, crave a thick Virginia drawl, and aren't too picky with how a book's been edited, Kristy Tallman's "The All-Soul's Faire" might be for you. "The All-Soul's Faire" is a quick 300 page dance around suicide lookout and a moonshine-raising, Satan-worshipping, inbred disease of a family, all from the point of view of an outsider detective who's been on the local force for six months.

There is real, dark horror buried in this novel. Once you get past the narration, t
Mike
Nov 13, 2007 Mike rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Upon reading this book and finishing it, it left me "wanting more"! I couldn't wait to turn to the next page. It kept my attention and the story was an easy read. The point made is that there is a little bit of evil in all of us. But are we willing to act upon it.

What caught my attention most was the authenticity the author gave her characters in this great story. You start to get into the story when in the opening chapter a young women is found in the woods with a goat head stuck in her stom
Amateur de Livre
Jan 10, 2008 Amateur de Livre rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
I was looking forward to reading The All-Soul's Faire because even though I have read more than my fair share of horror novels, I can't remember reading one dealing with the elements of dark magic. I am glad this was the first as I now have something to measure the others against.

Detective Cole Bryant finds himself immersed in his first homicide since becoming a detective for the Alleghany Sheriff's Department. It is not the fact that he has a homicide to deal with that bothers Cole, but the ma
Michael Timlin
Dec 08, 2007 Michael Timlin rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Do you want some more? You will when you read the All Souls Faire, by Kristy Tallman.

Kristy Tallman, is going to take you on a road trip to the small town of Covington, Va. Where she is going to bring to life the characters in this small country town. You will feel the fear of Detective Cole Bryant as he is confronted with the mysteries of North mountain. You will fall in love Ms. Ryder, who knows all the stories of the area and of the evil that exists on North Mountain. Then you will feel the h
Sheena
Jan 20, 2008 Sheena rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
Detective Cole Bryant left Richmond to seek solace and a new beginning in the mountains of Alleghany County, Va. But, when a series of unexplained deaths occur on North Mountain, Cole begins to question his partner, his department and his sanity. Nothing can explain the unearthly voices, disembodied spirits and strange behavior of the Hicks family. But, Cole needs to solve the mystery or he just may be the next body to be found mangled on North Mountain.

In her debut offering, Kristy Tallman man
Nicholas
Apr 29, 2013 Nicholas rated it really liked it
First, before you read any further, allow me to divert you towards my first review of Kristy Tallman’s works, aka Rainey Moon, by reading the Whispered Words review on page 51.
Now we can proceed…….
And what have we here, but a novel-length version of her short novella I enjoyed so much! Tallman’s Detective Cole is like a fish out of water in a backwoods mountain town immersed in what on the surface seems to be an unnaturally mysterious CSI-type investigation…….though with a swig or two of special
Suede
Nov 13, 2007 Suede rated it did not like it
Shelves: wouldgiveaway
Okaaaayyy. I took off my reviews, Kristy, because you were upset.
I guess that upset you as well.
So here they are again.

Enjoy!

This was my original:
Since I noticed author of this book has already reviewed it on goodreads, I just can't bring myself to do anything but give it a star reivew. Who knew I was this sensitive?

After BT posted the first comment on this string, I wrote the following:

Wow. Laughable. Going to file this bad boy right next to Jay's Journal (which is retrospect is scarier, I t
Allison
Jan 20, 2009 Allison rated it did not like it
The story is engaging, but the editing mistakes are more than distracting: bizarre / bazarre, improper use of or lack of punctuation. Seems to be either self-published or unedited, which is too bad, because the story had potential.
Christie
Aug 09, 2009 Christie rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. It keeps you on the edge of your seat with all the suspense and horror going on. Definitely a good read.
Roy
Roy rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2008
Fossilizedlake
Fossilizedlake rated it did not like it
Feb 23, 2008
David M.
David M. rated it did not like it
Jun 05, 2013
Kristy Tallman
Nov 12, 2007 Kristy Tallman rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: everyone over the age of 17
Shelves: wrote
Gogo
Gogo rated it did not like it
Nov 12, 2007
Jake
Jake rated it did not like it
Jun 03, 2008
Cloyd Steiger
Cloyd Steiger rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2015
Jb Lee
Jb Lee rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2013
Wesley Stell
Wesley Stell rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2007
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2014
Derek miller
Derek miller marked it as to-read
May 23, 2007
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2007
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2008
Kelly Moran
Kelly Moran marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2008
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2008
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2008
Sammi
Sammi marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2008
Jacks Wife
Jacks Wife marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2009
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Rushi Shinde
Rushi Shinde marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Deniseskelton
Deniseskelton marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Callie
Callie added it
Aug 04, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Psychological Thriller/Horror Fiction Author, Kristy Tallman, is a Chester, Virginia based writer whose work is not your usual run of the mill horror. Tallman is determined to bring you the truest most horrific monsters who walk this earth born of your very own loins – humans both male and female.
Psychologically you will not only be enthralled by the train crash you watch unfold, but worse you w
More about Kristy Tallman...