Start by marking “Four Friends in Autumn” as Want to Read:
Four Friends in Autumn

Four Friends in Autumn

It's a beautiful fall day -- perfect for dinner with friends. But will it ever be time to eat?
It's autumn!
The air is cool and crisp, and the leaves have changed to bright golds and reds.
Mister Frog, Missy Cat, and Master Dog can't wait to taste all the delicious food. But why
Published 2004 by Simon Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Four Friends in Autumn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Friends in Autumn

midnightfaerie
Oct 17, 2013 midnightfaerie rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Tomie dePaola is quickly becoming a household favorite. He's a little lengthy for my preschoolers, however, my 5 yr old loves him. dePaola is educational and enjoyable to read. The illustrations have a unique style all their own that even I enjoy while reading. This one was about ….. A great educational read for any child.
Russell
Nov 16, 2015 Russell rated it it was ok
Mistress Pig's friends are willing to turn the other way when her vice directly impacts their lives. I'd like to read sequels, covering what forbidden desires the rest of them have shared with her in kind.
Susan
Nov 05, 2013 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
It was a cute story. Very easy read.
Jane Njoroge
Mar 09, 2016 Jane Njoroge rated it it was amazing
Shelves: weather, 15-book-list
Four FRIENDS IN AUTUMN BY TOMMIE DE Paola
The book is funny and age appropriate. The book teaches children about sharing.
It's autumn!
Mistress Pig wants to celebrate her favorite season by cooking a big feast for her friends. But why is it taking so long for Mistress Pig to come out of the kitchen?As the friends waited, waited
Saharatos
Four friends in Autumn was first printed in Four Stories for Four Seasons. It is mostly the same except for the last line in the story that was added on. The pictures are larger than in the other book and it is great for reading just one short story. Children k-4 will enjoy reading the story. The story shows how to be a wonderful and caring friend.
Patricia
Feb 12, 2014 Patricia rated it it was ok
I'm just not such a fan of these Four Friends. In this story, the four friends get together for dinner, but Mistress Pig has an eating disorder and so, after several hours of waiting for their dinner, the four friends decide to go to a restaurant.

I think the three friends should have convened an intervention instead.
May 16, 2009 Laura rated it liked it
This is a fun little story. I did not envision it ending quite like it did, but the twist was comical and suited the story. I did like the illustrations a lot, they were sweet and endearing. I would recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Autumn
Sep 07, 2016 Autumn rated it it was ok
Dolly
Nov 10, 2008 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008
An interesting story, with colorful illustrations and words only on every other page. Our girls enjoyed the story, but it felt like there were pages missing, dialogue that should've occured, but didn't and so the story felt too short, too disjointed.
Matthew Hunter
Wow, this one hits a wall at the end. Talk about an abrupt (but funny) ending! Otherwise, the drawings are cute, and the book has an overall sweet, old-timey feel. It wouldn't seem out-of-place on a bookshelf in the 1950s. Betsy, Tacy and Tib would like this one, I think.
Bree
Oct 11, 2012 Bree rated it it was ok
Shelves: children-books
My biggest complaint is that it just ends. Even the kids felt like I just stopped in mid-sentence.
Finny
Nov 06, 2011 Finny rated it it was ok
Mommy says: A little disjointed.
Judy
The humour reminds me of James Marshall. Absurdly flawed character and forgiving friends. Very sweet. Illustration lovely as always.
R. C.
I love dePaola, but I'm not sure I saw the point of this one. Silly and random and not much to do with the season.
Tammy
Oct 31, 2011 Tammy rated it really liked it
This one literally made me laugh out loud. :)
Jeannie
cute story . . .
The Un-Martha
Apr 14, 2016 The Un-Martha rated it liked it
Cute quick book for an early reader.
Teri
Jun 27, 2011 Teri rated it it was ok
Shelves: fall
Really not at all about fall--blah. Tomie dePaola is usually wonderful. Wonder what happened with this book?
Marissa García
Sep 09, 2014 Marissa García rated it really liked it
Shelves: humorous, seasons
Simple, humorous. DePaola strikes again.
Angie
Jul 23, 2011 Angie rated it did not like it
This is just too boring.
Nicole Massa
Nicole Massa rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Becky Pressley
Becky Pressley rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2017
Me
Me rated it really liked it
Apr 13, 2016
Margie
Margie rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2008
Jenn
Jenn rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2014
Trish Muenzer
Trish Muenzer rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2014
Annie
Annie rated it it was ok
Oct 18, 2016
Adrith Bicchieri
Adrith Bicchieri rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Tomie dePaola (pronounced Tommy da-POW-la) is best known for his books for children.
He's been published for 40 years and has written and/or illustrated over 200 books, including 26 Fairmount Avenue, Strega Nona, and Meet the Barkers.
Tomie dePaola and his work have been recognized with the Caldecott Honor Award, the Newbery Honor Award and the New Hampshire Governor's Arts Award of Living Treasure.
More about Tomie dePaola...