Start by marking “The Voyage Of Qv66” as Want to Read:
The Voyage Of Qv66

The Voyage Of Qv66

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  5 reviews
None of the animals had ever seen anything quite like Stanley before. He looked like People, who lived in England before the water came, only his body was small and covered with fur. And he had ideas- brilliant ones- about where they came from and how they could change their lives.

But Stanley didn't know what kind of animal he was. "It's no fun," he said, "being one of a k
Published (first published 1978)

To ask other readers questions about The Voyage Of Qv66, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Voyage Of Qv66

Polly
Very charming and quirky, but quite unlike the rest of what I've read by Penelope Lively. Some animals in a flooded, post-human world find a boat and travel across England trying to find out what sort of animal one of them is. There's a very strong feeling of 1970s English children's literature about this, I'm not sure what it is exactly but it reminds me a great deal of some other books of the period in some not entirely definable way, but I think it's partly the post-apocalyptic landscape pair ...more
Resistance is Futile
In a post-apocalyptic world devoid of humans, 7 talking animals unite for a quest to London where they wish to discover the identity of one of their friends. On the way, they meet quite a few interesting animals and exciting adventures. This is an adorable book appropriate for pre-pubescent children, with a reading level of perhaps a 10 year old. It is also quite enjoyable for adults who like children’s lit. I wish it were still in print!
Sue
The scenario is a world where all the humans have left due to massive flooding. Six diverse animals become friendly and decide to take a trip to London. An interesting idea and quite thought-provoking, with hints of 'Animal Farm' in places. Enjoyable.
Bistra Ivanova
Стилът със сигурност беше много приятен, оставам с добри впечатления от Пенелъпи Лайвли, но сякаш не бях в настроение за детски книги точно сега :-)
Helena
Jul 16, 2008 Helena rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
I must have read this book at least two hundred times when I was a child. Still one of the best books I've ever read.
Christina West
Christina West marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Junta
Junta marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Ploysang
Ploysang marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Hope
Hope marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Stuart Otterson
Stuart Otterson marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
abcdefg
abcdefg marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Helena
Helena added it
Feb 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Penelope Lively CBE (born March 17, 1933) is a prolific, popular and critically acclaimed author of fiction for both children and adults. She has been shortlisted three times for the Booker Prize, winning once for Moon Tiger in 1987.

Born in Cairo in 1933, she spent her early childhood in Egypt, before being sent to boarding school in England at the age of twelve. She read Modern History at St Anne
More about Penelope Lively...
Moon Tiger How It All Began The Photograph Consequences Family Album