Start by marking “Duncton Found (Duncton Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Duncton Found (Duncton Chronicles, #3)

Duncton Found (Duncton Chronicles #3)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  514 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The trilogy about the moles of Duncton Wood reaches its conclusion with the publication of this book. Duncton Wood is a last refuge for moledom's ageing and diseased outcasts, and yet it is here that the Stone Mole has been born, whom Tryfan must prepare for his great task.
Published December 15th 1998 by Century Hutchinson Ltd. (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Duncton Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Duncton Found

Stephanie Holt
This long and winding tale had moments of all emotions. Joy, comfort, horror, love, fear, anger and many more. The author lays down so much groundwork throughout the book that all culminates at the end of this glorious series. I was somewhat frustrated by the sense of preaching I got in the middle section relating to Beechen. It was very much a Jesus story in his part of the telling and I'm not so sure I appreciated that piece of the book. Some of the characters seemed to be a repeating of chara ...more
Azalea
I should've known from the beginning that I'm probably not going to like this book with its rather plump development concerning religious allegories increasing from part one of the trilogy Duncton Wood throughout its follow up Duncton Quest. And it just got worse in this part. That whole Mole Jesus stuff was just a bit too freaky even for me. But I could oversee that fact if just anything interesting would happen in this book.

Most of it read like a big introduction to me, and when I was finding
Amanda
Brace, I'm about to get scathing. Oh boy, I'm about to give my lowest rating of the entire year. And what book deserves this dubious honour? Duncton Found, by William Horwood, the third book in the Duncton Chronicles trilogy. In this book the Stone Mole has come, to lead moledom back to grace and the Silence of the Stone.

My biggest impression of this book is: dull, dull, dull. Gosh, this is a long book. My edition has close on 1000 pages (and this following two other books of approximately 700 p
Cindy
William Horwood can be an extraordinarily powerful writer, but failed to deliver in Duncton Found. It is a lengthy, tedious narrative where the author tells everything and shows little. I almost feel like this is the outline of the story and not the story at all. It will be difficult for any reader to finish. I gave up.
Ron
OMG. This book is fantastic. The Battles between the Stone beleivers and the Word beleivers are amazing. The story of the Stone Mole is interesting. This book along with the first two (Duncton Wood and Duncton Quest)are well worth reading.
Kathleen Dixon
I wondered when I started this if I might be reading too much of Duncton in a row, and whether it might begin to be less. But no - I love this series. The characters are well-written, etc. etc.
Angela
That took FOREVER to get through, but it was well worth it. I can't say I loved this book, but I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.
Tracy Grant
I absolutely love this series. Although this book does go through a bit of a dull patch in the middle, the rest is lovely.
Clark Bayles
Still not as good as book one but fun stories and good writing. Got a little Wordy (Robert Jordanish) but still enjoyed it.
Ruby
The final piece where it all came together! Even then I got some of the references. I wonder what will occur to me next time.
Sherri
Yes my enthusiasm for this trilogy declined...
Sue
as with the rest of the series great book.
Claire
Clever. Entertaining.
Mark Bullock
Mark Bullock marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Mishaal Khan
Mishaal Khan marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Rakesh Muthyala
Rakesh Muthyala marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Justine
Justine marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Robert
Robert marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Jeremy Maddux
Jeremy Maddux marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Elana
Elana marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Jo
Jo added it
Feb 25, 2015
  • The Golden Cat (The Wild Road #2)
  • The Cold Moons
  • In the Path of the Storm (Farthing Wood, #6)
  • The House In Norham Gardens
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left (Zyrgon, #1)
  • Silverhair (Mammoth, #1)
  • Le Chat du Rabbin, Tome 2: Le Malka des Lions
  • Fox's Feud (Farthing Wood, #3)
  • The Gnole
  • Galveston (Resurrection Man, #3)
  • The Final Reckoning (The Deptford Mice, #3)
  • Four Moons of Darkover (Darkover Series)
  • The Wandering Unicorn
  • Le Chat du Rabbin, Tome 3: L'Exode
  • The Talking Parcel
  • Tarka the Otter
  • Message in a Bauble (Big Honey Dog Mysteries #3)

Duncton Chronicles (3 books)
  • Duncton Wood (Duncton Chronicles, #1)
  • Duncton Quest (Duncton Chronicles, #2)
Duncton Wood (Duncton Chronicles, #1) The Willows in Winter (Tales of the Willows, #1) Duncton Quest (Duncton Chronicles, #2) Skallagrigg Duncton Stone (Book of Silence, #3)