The Vegan Cook's Bible

The Vegan Cook's Bible

2.64 of 5 stars 2.64  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Discover the delicious delights of a vegan diet.

Pat Crocker's recipes capture the natural flavors at the very core of plant-based foods. This collection proves that a vegan diet can be rich, varied and delicious, responding to modern, sophisticated palates.

Using a rainbow of natural whole foods, these 250 recipes offer a wide range of combinations and a host of ideas for p...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Robert Rose (first published April 11th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Vegan Cook's Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vegan Cook's Bible

Ami
Mar 22, 2011 Ami rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
Just inspiring enough to make me want to copy down a couple recipes. Maybe I'll add another star if I try any of them & it turns out okay. The first part is packed with nutritional garble that seems entirely overly complicated. It is organized by different body systems (endocrine, immune, cardiovascular, etc.) and tells you which foods are best for promoting the health of each. This is mostly helpful if you have a deficiency in one area, I'd imagine. Then it goes on to detail different types...more
Lisa Vegan
Blech! The title is such a misnomer. Why are fish and fish oil even mentioned in a book with this title?! That said, the recipes seem to be vegan. But, yuck!

I wasn’t interested in the nutritional information. I can get better from Ginny Messina, Jack Norris, many other vegan R.D.s, and elsewhere.

But, some of the individual foods listed are interesting to read about.

Many of the recipes require using other recipes on other pages, but some require less fuss.

There are two short photo sections; the f...more
Ashley
Like others have said, why are you mentioning fish, fish oils, eggs and dairy. I like the premise of the book but don't call something vegan when it isn't. Two thumbs way down!
Sandy
I like the layout of this book, but I was only able to give it one star because the author, who is not vegan, recommends fish and fish oil. Just a heads-up, but eating fish isn't vegan. You can get the same information elsewhere minus the fish. I wouldn't pay money for this.
Haliation
Well, I'm glad I got this for $4 at a thrift store instead of full price. The title is misleading. "Fish oil" is far from vegan! Still, there's some good recipes, but I can't get over the stink that is the fish oil...
dara
Pretty fuckin' ballsy to title a book The Vegan Cook's BIBLE and then recommend eating fish.
Cara
Apr 29, 2009 Cara marked it as skimmed-through
This book has both "American" and metric measurements. Not many pictures, but lots of recipes.
Heather Moss
This "vegan" book recommends fish and fish oil as part of a healthy diet. Beware.
Mona
Mona marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Honorable Azis
Honorable Azis marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Tramii
Tramii marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Morgan
Morgan added it
Jun 06, 2014
Cait
Cait marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Kathrynanne Wright
Kathrynanne Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Asma
Asma marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Brenda Silva
Brenda Silva marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Erin Kammer
Erin Kammer marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Kelly
Kelly is currently reading it
Feb 10, 2014
Tokirra C
Tokirra C marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Bernadette
Bernadette marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Juicing Bible The Smoothies Bible Preserving: The Canning and Freezing Guide for All Seasons Juicing and Smoothies for Dummies The Vegetarian Cook's Bible