Start by marking “Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)” as Want to Read:
Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)

Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  185 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Morgan Fitgerald, Michael and Sara Burke, and Evan and Nora Whitaker try to build a new life in the United States.
Published April 1st 1993 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Sons of an Ancient Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sons of an Ancient Glory

Jael
I'm getting to a point where I'm really ready for this series to be over. Attention held through the last book, but this one was a little more difficult to focus on.

I think another thing that makes "Song of the Silent Harp" as good as it is is that the character list isn't so bloated. By the time we get to book four, we have 10,000,000 new characters to keep up with, some of whom just, honestly, seem extraneous. Why Quinn? Why does everyone who comes in contact with the other characters of this
Kelsey Hanson
UGH! This series will be the death of me. It's just good enough for me to want to finish but not exactly relish the experience of actually reading the book. There are some good points like the attention to historical detail but the characters tend to be a bit flat. They are ALL idyllic God-fearing people trying to make their way in the world. Don't get me wrong these are the people you want to befriend but they also make the story a little bland. Give me a decent villain or a doubting Thomas or ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
The Fitzgerald, Whittaker and Burke families return in Book 4 of The Emerald Ballad series, along with some new additions. Tierney has gone to Ireland to see Morgan and, true to form, finds trouble. Morgan and Evan await the births of their children even as tragedy strikes and a young one is lost. With the additions of Quinn and Billy especially, the story broadens and deepens. It is a story about the strength of people who are undeterred in the face of adversity and who find those reserves of f ...more
Beverly
Best one yet of the series. I can't wait for the finale. This series has been a true treasure.

true history the love and compassion of Jesus through every page every word.
from the 1st page from book 1 to the last page of book 4 the finale book 5 be quite an thunderous lovingly end I'm sure.
Christin
Good enough to keep reading until the end, but slow and redundant enough to sorta breeze through some parts (like where she follows Evan's thought process around yet another Nora problem, then Sara, then Michael). I had some characters I wanted to read more of and others (Evan/Nora) that I was just ready to finish.
Sierraprice
I love this series. The events that take place in each book is always unexpected and keeps you on your toes. I would recommend these books to anyone that likes to read realistic or historical fiction.
Carol
so much to do! But this book took precedence! Very interesting!
Rachel
This series is awesome. The bittersweet saga is full of Christian faith, love, and the idea of where home lies. The characters are fully drawn and are mostly likable, and the plots are amazing.
Brooke Barenfanger
This book is the forth in a series. It is beauifully written and masterfully sketched. B J Hoff has an addictive quality in her writing. I couldn't stop reading this series!
Marie
This is my favorite book in the series, hands down. The blossoming love between Morgan and Finola is beautiful. :)
Midge
...and the story continues. Good story of historical romance, faith and perserverance.
Ashley
Breathtaking! Excited to read the conclusion of the series.
Michelle
great continuation of Irish series
Jenn M
Jenn M marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
Mary Rogers
Mary Rogers marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
NOEL
NOEL marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Jes Brandon
Jes Brandon marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Tammy
Tammy added it
Jun 11, 2015
Cecilia Garrett
Cecilia Garrett marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Ruth M
Ruth M added it
May 11, 2015
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Denise
Denise added it
Apr 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • A Covenant of Love (The Appomattox Saga, #1)
  • Tender Mercies (Red River of the North, #5)
  • Treasure of Stonewycke (The Stonewycke Legacy, #3)
  • Shadow of the Mountains (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #2)
  • Only the River Runs Free (The Galway Chronicles, #1)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)
  • Under Eastern Stars (Heart of India, #2)
BJ Hoff’s bestselling historical novels continue to cross the boundaries of religion, language, and culture to capture a worldwide reading audience.

Her books include such popular series as The Riverhaven Years, The Mountain Song Legacy, Song of Erin, American Anthem, and An Emerald Ballad. Hoff’s stories, although set in the past, are always relevant to the present.

Whether her characters move ab
More about B.J. Hoff...

Emerald Ballad (5 books)
  • Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1)
  • Heart of the Lonely Exile (Emerald Ballad #2)
  • Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)
  • Dawn of the Golden Promise (Emerald Ballad #5)
Rachel's Secret (The Riverhaven Years, #1) Song Of The Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1) Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2) Heart of the Lonely Exile (Emerald Ballad #2) Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)