Start by marking “Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)” as Want to Read:
Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)

Sons of an Ancient Glory (Emerald Ballad #4)

Morgan Fitgerald, Michael and Sara Burke, and Evan and Nora Whitaker try to build a new life in the United States.
Published April 1st 1993 by Bethany House Publishers (first published January 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Sons of an Ancient Glory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sons of an Ancient Glory

Jael
Sep 06, 2009 Jael rated it liked it
I'm getting to a point where I'm really ready for this series to be over. Attention held through the last book, but this one was a little more difficult to focus on.

I think another thing that makes "Song of the Silent Harp" as good as it is is that the character list isn't so bloated. By the time we get to book four, we have 10,000,000 new characters to keep up with, some of whom just, honestly, seem extraneous. Why Quinn? Why does everyone who comes in contact with the other characters of this
Kelsey Hanson
UGH! This series will be the death of me. It's just good enough for me to want to finish but not exactly relish the experience of actually reading the book. There are some good points like the attention to historical detail but the characters tend to be a bit flat. They are ALL idyllic God-fearing people trying to make their way in the world. Don't get me wrong these are the people you want to befriend but they also make the story a little bland. Give me a decent villain or a doubting Thomas or ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
The Fitzgerald, Whittaker and Burke families return in Book 4 of The Emerald Ballad series, along with some new additions. Tierney has gone to Ireland to see Morgan and, true to form, finds trouble. Morgan and Evan await the births of their children even as tragedy strikes and a young one is lost. With the additions of Quinn and Billy especially, the story broadens and deepens. It is a story about the strength of people who are undeterred in the face of adversity and who find those reserves of f ...more
Kelly
Feb 08, 2017 Kelly rated it really liked it
Another job well done! So much tragedy, but yet the grace of God prevails.
Beverly
Sep 19, 2014 Beverly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best one yet of the series. I can't wait for the finale. This series has been a true treasure.

true history the love and compassion of Jesus through every page every word.
from the 1st page from book 1 to the last page of book 4 the finale book 5 be quite an thunderous lovingly end I'm sure.
Christin
Mar 16, 2014 Christin rated it liked it
Good enough to keep reading until the end, but slow and redundant enough to sorta breeze through some parts (like where she follows Evan's thought process around yet another Nora problem, then Sara, then Michael). I had some characters I wanted to read more of and others (Evan/Nora) that I was just ready to finish.
Sierraprice
Sep 23, 2014 Sierraprice rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The events that take place in each book is always unexpected and keeps you on your toes. I would recommend these books to anyone that likes to read realistic or historical fiction.
Ashley
Jun 25, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it
Breathtaking! Excited to read the conclusion of the series.
Tessa Palmeri
Sep 11, 2015 Tessa Palmeri rated it it was amazing
Loved this series. One of the series that made me fall in love with historical fiction.
Brooke Barenfanger
This book is the forth in a series. It is beauifully written and masterfully sketched. B J Hoff has an addictive quality in her writing. I couldn't stop reading this series!
Marie
Nov 14, 2007 Marie rated it really liked it
This is my favorite book in the series, hands down. The blossoming love between Morgan and Finola is beautiful. :)
Carol
Aug 28, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing
so much to do! But this book took precedence! Very interesting!
Midge
Jan 02, 2012 Midge rated it it was amazing
...and the story continues. Good story of historical romance, faith and perserverance.
Rachel
Apr 22, 2011 Rachel rated it it was amazing
This series is awesome. The bittersweet saga is full of Christian faith, love, and the idea of where home lies. The characters are fully drawn and are mostly likable, and the plots are amazing.
Toni Cross
Toni Cross rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2012
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2015
Tima
Tima rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Laura rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Katherine Fleming
Katherine Fleming rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2011
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2013
Ellen Armstrong
Ellen Armstrong rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2017
Janet K Saleh
Janet K Saleh rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2017
Chantelle
Chantelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2013
Roberta Nichols
Roberta Nichols rated it it was amazing
Sep 10, 2014
Tonya Preece
Tonya Preece rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Kay Wiseman
Kay Wiseman rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Agnes
Agnes rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2008
Brenda
Brenda rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2017
Laura rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Covenant of Love (The Appomattox Saga, #1)
  • Tender Mercies (Red River of the North, #5)
  • Treasure of Stonewycke (The Stonewycke Legacy, #3)
  • Shadow of the Mountains (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #2)
  • Kingscote (Heart of India #3)
  • Promise Me Tomorrow (Rocky Mountain Memories, #4)
BJ Hoff’s bestselling historical novels continue to cross the boundaries of religion, language, and culture to capture a worldwide reading audience.

Her books include such popular series as The Riverhaven Years, The Mountain Song Legacy, Song of Erin, American Anthem, and An Emerald Ballad. Hoff’s stories, although set in the past, are always relevant to the present.

Whether her characters move ab
More about B.J. Hoff...

Emerald Ballad (5 books)
  • Song of the Silent Harp (Emerald Ballad #1)
  • Heart of the Lonely Exile (Emerald Ballad #2)
  • Land of a Thousand Dreams (Emerald Ballad #3)
  • Dawn of the Golden Promise (Emerald Ballad #5)