Start by marking “Stranded” as Want to Read:
Stranded

Stranded

Rachel Michaels is at the top of her profession, but she's grown tired of trading barbs with her co-host/ex-husband on their popular morning radio talk show. Eager to stretch her wings, she takes a second job as the color commentator for Denver's new professional women's soccer team.

Along with her new job comes an exciting assignment, travel to Venezuela to profile the te
Published April 14th 2009 by Spinsters Ink (first published April 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stranded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded

And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenThe Gravity Between Us by Kristen ZimmerJericho by Ann McManHow Sweet It Is by Melissa Brayden
Best F/F Romance Books
142nd out of 717 books — 577 voters
And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenHow Sweet It Is by Melissa BraydenHeart Block by Melissa BraydenLoved and Lost by Stephanie Kusiak
Best Femme/Femme Couples
72nd out of 138 books — 163 voters

More lists with this book...

Tiff
Feb 26, 2016 Tiff rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports, vacation, outdoors
Stranded by Blayne Cooper is a wild adventure in the jungle of Venezuela. This book is fun and witty and will have you rolling with laughter. Blayne Cooper has definite skill in the writing department. She knows how to tell a great tale.

There are three key players in Stranded, Miranda Gutierrez, Rachel Michaels and Nora Butler. Miranda is 17 year old Venezuelan soccer player. She is on the brink of stardom in the game of women’s professional soccer. She has been wooed by many of the professional
Mary
Aug 12, 2014 Mary rated it it was ok
Having spent my childhood in Venezuela, I have to say that this is one novel where the geographical setting seems to have been randomly drawn from a file folder labeled "Generic Tropical Hellhole." This is unfortunate for two reasons: 1) the "true survival adventure" that bonds the women in the story is entirely premised on the challenges posed by the topography and flora they have to negotiate, yet these are never localized and 2) Venezuela (the actual country) is both small and astonishingly ...more
Jem
May 07, 2013 Jem rated it it was amazing
Three women go on a company-sponsored adventure that turns into their worst nightmare. Stranded in one of the most inhospitable places in the world, they have to fight tooth and nail to survive and make it back in one piece. Despite the women's desperate circumstances, the book is not without many touches of humor here and there, making the book a very enjoyable read.

The first chapters felt a bit strange as the author kept making Rachael think 'straight' thoughts--lusting over men and such :sic
Jae Jae
Aug 18, 2011 Jae Jae rated it really liked it
I haven’t read a book like this before — it’s almost like the lesbian version of “chick lit.” It’s refreshingly different and an entertaining read. The story has witty dialogue and a strong adventure plot. The ending felt a bit rushed in comparison to the rest of the book, but it’s still a very good read.

This one just won a GCLS award in the category traditional contemporary romance, by the way, and I think it’s well-deserved.
T
Sep 24, 2012 T rated it really liked it
Others might not rate this book as high, but for some reason i enjoyed it thoroughly. I won't be rushing out to by all of Blayne Cooper's books without a second thought, but this book does make me at least want to see what else she's written that i might like.

A disc jockey, a sports team assistant manager, and a 17 year old soccer player are sent on a journey into the jungle. I'll try to do this without spoilers... Most of the book is taken up by the remaining members of the trip being lost and
Milkiways
Mar 16, 2016 Milkiways rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesfic, 2016
Simple and easy to read with some unexpected twists :)
Kurt
Mar 05, 2016 Kurt rated it it was ok
Jen
Nov 10, 2014 Jen rated it really liked it
things i liked:
- healthy representation of fluid sexuality
- lots of humour and levity peppered throughout the book
- the characters' interactions and attachments to each other felt genuinely developed
- unusual -- but appreciated -- progression of the main characters' relationship
- the entire process of them being stranded didn't feel as dark/joyless as it could have, which was what i was looking for out of this book.

things i didn't like:
- the ending chapters felt a bit packed and rushed; in compa
Karine Brousse
Aug 06, 2011 Karine Brousse rated it it was amazing
I love Blayne Cooper, but I loved this book above maybe any other she's written. She writes awesome bisexual characters. This book felt honest, real. I was totally engrossed in the story the entire time. I loved both main characters and found it easy to relate to their emotions. I've re-read the book at least three times and I'm sure I will many more. I wish I had the words to do this book justice. In short, it kicked ass.
Niamh Murphy
Mar 08, 2013 Niamh Murphy rated it really liked it
Read the full review on my blog: http://niamhmurphyauthor.blogspot.co....

Stranded is a good, fun and entertaining read that doesn’t take itself too seriously and makes sure the reader has a darn good time. It is a breath of fresh air if you are used to the usual girl about town stories and if you are up for a bit of wilderness and adventure (without too much of the bleak near death peril) then this is definitely the read for you.
poppp
Sep 15, 2015 poppp rated it liked it
It was an interesting and fast read. I would have wanted more development in their relationship and an ending that didn't feel "rushed".
Cheri
Sep 11, 2014 Cheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Blayne Cooper's work and this one didn't disappoint me.

*3.5 years later, doing a re-read. I do love the author's humor!
Jackie
Apr 01, 2010 Jackie rated it liked it
3 women fall off a hill in Venezuela on their way to a "bonding" adventure. Two have some serious drama between each other, and the third wants to go home! Pretty Trashy!
Meagan Hansen
Nov 10, 2012 Meagan Hansen rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian, lgbt
This was much better than I expected and quickly grabbed my attention hooking me in. I found it hard to put this book down.
Gaby
Gaby rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2016
Rita
Rita rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2012
Jay Jalee Tuma
Jay Jalee Tuma rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2013
Khaoskampf
Khaoskampf rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2011
Kirsty
Kirsty rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2012
Lyssa Wolf
Lyssa Wolf rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2016
Chelsea Blair
Chelsea Blair rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
Pamcake
Pamcake rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Class Julie
Class Julie rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Ripley
Ripley rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
JoAnne Mills
JoAnne Mills rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2016
Anita Helliwell
Sep 21, 2014 Anita Helliwell rated it it was amazing
Have just read this a 2nd time.

Lovely book with great characters.
  • The Scorpion
  • Ambereye (Garoul, #2)
  • Out of Love
  • Branded Ann
  • Infinite Loop
  • Warrior's Valor (Supreme Constellations, #3)
Blayne Cooper has also written under the pen name Advocate. She is the Royal Academy of Bards 2005 Hall of Fame Author and a recipient of the 2014 Academy of Bards Lifetime Achievement Award.
Born in Northern California in January 1969, Blayne Cooper is the best-selling author of a variety of fiction ranging from mystery/romance to outrageous parody. With each novel she tackles a new personal writi
More about Blayne Cooper...