Start by marking “The Crow: Dead Time” as Want to Read:
The Crow: Dead Time

The Crow: Dead Time (The Crow (Kitchen Sink Press))

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  238 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Original Crow creator J. O'Barr collaborated with artist Alexander Maleev and writer John Wagner (Judge Dredd) for this chilling story about a farmer who is killed, along with his family, by a marauding band of ex-Confederate soldiers, only to be resurrected by the crow more than 100 years later to exact his vengeance.
Published January 1st 1997 by Kitchen Sink Press

To ask other readers questions about The Crow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Crow

Jaimie
The basic storyline and themes haven't changed with the new incarnation of the Crow, but I do like the time-travel motif that was intriduced. Now the Crow is capable of handing down justice through the ages, as the men who raped and murdered his wife and child are given second lives to redeem themselves and fail miserably. I'm still not entirely comfortable with the whole vigilante justice system proposed here, but the added touches of Native American story/lore give it a mythical quality that m ...more
Silas
The art in this was quite well done in a dark black & white style, but there were some other issues that I had with it. The story was the same Crow story told again with a new person, except there is reincarnation involved, and it's sometimes rather hard to tell the past from the present except when there is a horse or a car involved. I do have an issue with a returned post-Civil War man would just know how to drive a car and ride a motorcycle, which took me out of the story. It emphasized t ...more
Beau Johnston
The first time I read The Crow: Dead Time it left me a little cold. After a few subsequent readings I came to appreciate the story and artwork. It isn't as good as The Crow, but it rates a solid 4 out of 5 from me.
Carl Nelson
An enjoyable read, but lacks the phosphorescent raw emotion of the original. The art is moody and mostly worked well, but occasionally took more effort than it should have to distinguish characters. I didn't feel the connection with Joshua like I did with Eric Draven, but I enjoyed the time shifting twist.
Graham Bailey
I was really looking forward to this, James O'Barr returning to the Crow, one of my favourite graphic novels (& movies) of all time, with writing by the wonderful John Wagner; this should be awesome.
But it's not, it's okay but that's about it. The writing is solid, but the art and lettering really let this book down, it's far too dark and 'sketchy' to get the story across well and the characters are all a bit 'meh'. Still, it show's some promise and I'm looking forward to the next part of th
T. Blake
No where near as great as the first one. Never the less, a really good read.
Travis
Beautiful black and white pencil work, sadly it's the same old crow story right down to the degenerate bad guys. The art is the saving grace with tight lines and a dark, serious tone. However it can't carry the story. It probably deserves 2 stars but the art won me over. They should have evolved the crow story line to a new level.
Ryan Mishap
Almost...but not quite. The art is absolutely gorgeous--dreary black and white--and makes it difficult to follow the action as well as easily recognize the different characters. The past lives angle only made it more confusing. If you love art more than story, maybe flip through this one.
Shanna
Very good series, but I wish my library had the rest of them.

If I ever get the chance I'll definitely continue reading them.
Melumebelle
It's not as good as the original..

But still pretty superspecialawesome. :)
Not as great as the first one. Actually could have gone my whole life without reading it.
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Aurora Leigh
Aurora Leigh marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Mary Elise
Mary Elise marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Aura Wilkinson
Aura Wilkinson marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Kevin Es
Kevin Es marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Stephanne Stacey
Stephanne Stacey marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Liam Klenk
Liam Klenk marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Chris L Rowan
Chris L Rowan marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
James Murphy
James Murphy marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Ambrose Lang
Ambrose Lang marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
  • The Crow: Flesh & Blood
  • Lenore #13
  • The Crow: The Lazarus Heart
  • The Complete Alan Moore Future Shocks
  • The Cain Saga, Volume 4: The Seal of the Red Ram, Part 2
  • Tank Girl: Visions of Booga
  • The Crow: Quoth the Crow
  • Abe Sapien, Vol. 1: The Drowning (Abe Sapien, #1)
  • Pani na Czachticach
  • Trauma Through a Child's Eyes: Awakening the Ordinary Miracle of Healing
  • Tank Girl 3 (Tank Girl, #3)
  • Let's Face It, Charlie Brown! (Peanuts Coronet, #9)
  • Lone Wolf and Cub, Vol. 26: Struggle in the Dark
  • 5 Ronin
  • Mushishi, Volume 8/9/10
  • Dancing with the Ghosts of Whales (Nightmares & Fairy Tales, #4)
  • Zombie-Loan, Vol. 13
  • Batman: Holy Terror
James O'Barr is an accomplished artist and writer, best known for creating The Crow.

In 1978, O'Barr's fiancée, Beverly, was killed by a drunk driver, and he joined the Marines in an effort to cope with the loss. He was stationed in Germany and illustrated combat manuals for the military. While living in Berlin in 1981, O'Barr began work on The Crow as a means of dealing with his personal tragedy.
More about James O'Barr...

The Crow (Kitchen Sink Press) (7 books)
  • The Crow
  • The Crow: Flesh & Blood
  • The Crow: Wild Justice
  • The Crow: City of Angels
  • The Crow: Waking Nightmares
  • The Crow: A Cycle of Shattered Lives
The Crow The Crow:  Shattered Lives & Broken Dreams The Crow Volume 3: Death The Crow Volume 1: Pain & Fear The Crow Volume 2: Irony & Despair