Start by marking “The UltraMetabolism Cookbook: 200 Delicious Recipes that Will Turn on Your Fat-Burning DNA” as Want to Read:

From the Three-Time New York Times Bestselling Author of Ultraprevention, Ultrametabolism, and The Ultrasimple Diet. In UltraMetabolism, Dr. Mark Hyman brought the new science of weight loss to the general public. By learning to work with the body instead of against it, you can ignite your natural fat-burning furnace and reprogram your body to burn fat and keep it off for ...more
Published November 20th 2007 by Scribner (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The UltraMetabolism Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The UltraMetabolism Cookbook

Jan 04, 2009 Sarah rated it it was ok
Nothing groundbreaking here from my perspective. Decently written but no pictures even though the second half of the cookbook is recipes. Most of the recipes rely heavily on soy products, which I try to limit in my diet.
Jun 25, 2009 Irene rated it it was amazing
If you are thinking about starting the Ultrametabolism program (the one with the 3 weeks of detox), please buy this cookbook first! You will definitely thank me for suggesting it, otherwise you'll soon tire of the limited number of recipes that are in the orange UM book. There are a lot of good recipes in here.
Jan 07, 2013 Caryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these recipes. Best veggie recipes I have ever seen. Try Chopped Broccoli with Olives and Slivered Brussels Sprouts with Shiitake Mushrooms.
Feb 25, 2012 Deb rated it it was amazing
*The "how to" following the "why to"*

A great complement to his _UltraMetabolism_ book, Mark Hyman's recipe book contains 200 ultra-delicious ways to put the UltraMetabolism approach into practice. The first part of the book highlights the essentials of the UltraMetabolism approach (i.e., the "why to"), and the rest of the book contains recipes that integrate this approach (i.e., the "how to") with an incredibly do-able plan. The recipes are simple--even the ones that require more prep time--and
Jan 08, 2011 Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Excellent cookbook (although wish there were more pictures, I love cookbooks with pictures, this one has a few). All the recipes I've tried so far have turned out very well and a few are now on my regular rotation.

All the recipes are designed to promote health, which is important to me.

My only quibble with this book is that, as a vegetarian, I wish it had more vegetarian recipes and fewer meat recipes; and a few recipes are marked as "vegetarian" but have fish in them.

Definitely recommend for
Apr 27, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it
I borrowed this book from the library first, then I had to buy a copy bc I missed the recipes so much. This book is great for making healthy foods that are family friendly. Lots of recipes with fresh herbs. I stuck to the phase 1 stuff as I was on a pretty restrictive allergy diet. The guacamole is to die for. Yummy!
May 30, 2013 Trudy rated it really liked it
This book presents a summary of Dr. Hyman's Ultrametabolism and also includes a lot of tasty-looking recipes to help you follow his advice. I read three books by Dr. Hyman this week (Ultrametabolism and The Ultra Mind Solution as well as this one), but this cookbook is really the only one I needed. It presents most of the information much more succinctly.
Mar 30, 2014 Pat rated it it was amazing
It's so great that there are doctors like Mark Hyman who are totally dedicated to the idea of nutritional cleansing, who explain why it works, and then give us recipes to boot! I love this book, and the recipes are delicious!
Nov 03, 2012 Katy rated it it was ok
Shelves: cooking-food, health
The recipes have almost no flavor. Many of these recipes appear elsewhere or in slightly altered versions in his Hyman's other books.
Sarah Nokleby
Interesting, but a little too high-maintenance for me. Nothing jumped out at me and said, "Yummy!", so I know I would not be able to stick with it.
Nov 07, 2013 Jonette rated it liked it
Love Dr. Hyman's philosophy on health and picked up this book. Found some interesting and delicious recipes to update my recipe stash.
Jul 23, 2009 Lauren rated it really liked it
Shelves: food, cooking
Many great recipes - not a vegan cookbook, but many great vegan recipes - to support Dr. Hyman's UltraSimple and UltraMetabolism plans.
Ana Maria
Ana Maria rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2012
Ronda Stapleford
Ronda Stapleford rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2015
Jeffrey Merritt
Jeffrey Merritt rated it did not like it
Jun 13, 2016
Jayme rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2011
Kathryn rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Kristin rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2008
Moxie Menopause
Moxie Menopause rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2013
Barb rated it really liked it
Oct 27, 2014
Michelle Hunter
Michelle Hunter rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2012
Janice Repicci
Apr 03, 2009 Janice Repicci rated it really liked it
Seems like the way to go for healty living.
Bob rated it it was ok
Nov 23, 2013
Paulduke rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2014
ashley colson
ashley colson rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2015
Peggy rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Sandra Gerke
Sandra Gerke rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2015
Harry Dykeman
Harry Dykeman rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2014
Bonnie G
Bonnie G rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2014
Mere rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Ultrametabolism Cookbook 1 2 May 30, 2013 02:32PM
  • The Spice and Herb Bible
  • The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook: Great-Tasting Recipes that Keep You Lean!
  • Vegetables
  • The Ayurvedic Cookbook
  • Cooking the Whole Foods Way: Your Complete, Everyday Guide to Healthy, Delicious Eating with 500 Recipes, Menus, Meal Planning, Techniques, Buying
  • Fish: The Complete Guide to Buying and Cooking
  • Most Effective Natural Cures on Earth: The Surprising Unbiased Truth about What Treatments Work and Why
  • Cook Yourself Thin: Skinny Meals You Can Make in Minutes
  • The Improvisational Cook
  • Mediterranean Harvest: Vegetarian Recipes from the World's Healthiest Cuisine
  • The Belly Fat Cure: No Dieting with the NEW Sugar/Carb Approved Foods
  • 5 Spices, 50 Dishes: Simple Indian Recipes Using Five Common Spices
Mark Hyman, M.D., is the editor in chief of Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, the most prestigious journal in the field of integrative medicine. After ten years as co-medical director at Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires, he is now in private practice in Lenox, Massachusetts. He is the coauthor of the New York Times bestseller Ultraprevention. His websites are and www.ultr ...more
More about Mark Hyman...