Start by marking “Qed: A Play Inspired by the Writings of Richard Feynman and Tuva or Bust! by Ralph Leighton” as Want to Read:

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Alan Alda starred in this show when it originally opened.
Published September 1st 2002 by Applause Books (first published September 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Qed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Qed

Tristan Macavery
Reading a play (as opposed to seeing it performed) has its drawbacks. In this case, however, there are two excellent points in its favor -- a fascinating main character who is marvelously developed by the playwright, and Alan Alda. It's easy to hear him speaking each line, giving himself over to the words, the spirit, the captured essence of scientist Richard Feynman and -- by his own admission -- being incapable of truly capturing Feynman.

The "QED" of the title is not "Quod Erat Demonstrandum"
Alastair
For those of us not lucky enough to see Alan Alda play Richard Feynman, this script and a little imagination are a reasonable compromise. (Anyone with enough exposure to M*A*S*H reruns should have an internalised Alda accent on standby for this very occasion.)

A warm, respectful and, by most accounts, pretty accurate tribute to a fascinating man. I'm glad I made the effort to find a copy.
This play about Richard Feynman was interesting, but a lot of the stories were pulled from Feynman's books and I think Feynman did a better job of telling his own stories. I also think I liked this play more before reading "Wit," which made me remember just how good a play really can be.
Sumire
Sumire added it
Nov 29, 2014
Chris Wolverton
Chris Wolverton marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Contest
Contest marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Fusedresistor
Fusedresistor marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2013
Joseph
Joseph marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Anup Joshi
Anup Joshi marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2012
Marianne
Marianne marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2012
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2012
Teresa
Teresa added it
Oct 29, 2011
~*Rachael*~
~*Rachael*~ marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2011
The Cider House Rules, Part 1: Here in St. Cloud's The Rise and Rise of Daniel Rocket The Cider House Rules, Part 2: In Other Parts of the World Scooter Thomas Makes it to the Top of the World Sorrows of Stephen