Start by marking “Daddy Island” as Want to Read:
Daddy Island

Daddy Island

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Daddy is like an island. And when you are a little boy on an island, you can be anything you want to be -- as tall as a tree, as angry as a storm, or as bright as a star. With text that rises and falls with the soft rhythm of a song, Philip Wells celebrates father and son in enchanting verses that will delight and lull the most wild of wild things as they prepare for bed. ...more
Published September 1st 2001 by Barefoot Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Daddy Island, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy Island

Courtney
This would be a great book for a father/son relationship. It's always nice to have a father figure to look up and know he'll do anything in the world for you if he could!!!!
Keegan
This book is a poetic book about a child's emotions throughout the day. It would be good to use to talk about metaphor: "I am the sand on Daddy Island." When I thought of it as a "daddy book" I didn't love it (partly because I knew it wasn't the type my husband would especially love), but when I realized it was about emotions, I enjoyed it more. Plus, my kids liked it.
Justin Guardiani
Son picked this book up at the Library. Cute story with fun illustration of what is actually happen and how the child "Sees" the moment.

Fun to read by flashlight too!
Tina
We read this for Father's Day coming up
Database
Database marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Doo-wop Fitzgerald
Doo-wop Fitzgerald marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2012
Bryan
Bryan marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2012
Kathy
Kathy added it
Aug 09, 2011
Horse Whispering in the Military Industrial Complex Childrens Poems African Animals ABC