Start by marking “The Grapes of Wine: The Art of Growing Grapes and Making Wine” as Want to Read:
The Grapes of Wine: The Art of Growing Grapes and Making Wine

The Grapes of Wine: The Art of Growing Grapes and Making Wine

The ancient Greek philosophers called them elixirs of the gods. The Roman emperors used them to celebrate their victories. And today, fine wines are still being treasured and enjoyed. How and why these wines reach their zenith in color, flavor, and value is the focus of this beautifully illustrated book by wine connoisseur Baudouin Neirynck.
The book first looks at the act
Published December 1st 2008 by Square One Publishers (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Grapes of Wine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Grapes of Wine

Brian Rogers
Jul 12, 2016 Brian Rogers rated it liked it
as part of my "I don't know enough about wine" studies I took this out of the library and read through it over a month. It was very well constructed and informative. Engaging enough to read for an educational coffee table book and I exited it knowing more than I did before, which is good.
Tommy Pace
Jun 13, 2013 Tommy Pace rated it did not like it
This book is very frustrating. Some topics, such as those in winemaking, are hopelessly vague and designed for the beginner. Other aspects, like discussing specific rootstock or clones of a varietal, are too specific and better for somebody with an advanced knowledge. At times information is out of date or slightly inaccurate. I'm frustrated by the whole section on varietals because the content is largely quoted, paraphrased and otherwise refers to different writers and researchers. If you don't ...more
Melisa Shafer
Nov 30, 2015 Melisa Shafer rated it really liked it
Nice mix of accessibility and technical stuff. I fear at 2006 publishing date, some of the info may already be outdated, but it's an excellent starting point for wine appreciation.
Kasey Tritch
Kasey Tritch rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2013
Jerry Aldrich
Jerry Aldrich marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2013