Start by marking “Secrets in the Stone” as Want to Read:
Secrets in the Stone

Secrets in the Stone (Romance #10)

Rooke Tyler makes a living by carvingh eadstones in a cemetery for wealthy families. At night she sculpts stone, pouring her dreams and desires into the figures she chisels. Then two women enter her life, one offering her passion, the other fame. Rooke's choice may expose her secrets and change her life - if she follows her heart.
Published July 1st 2009 by Bold Strokes Books

To ask other readers questions about Secrets in the Stone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets in the Stone

Kath
Sep 10, 2016 Kath rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book just because I am a big Radclyffe fan, but I saw so many other possibilities for this story to go. The narrator did a great job though on the audible.
Wildlx
Jul 14, 2013 Wildlx rated it did not like it
Shelves: lesbian
This is a terrible book, full of all the clichés that lately make a lot of lesbian novels impossible to enjoy. We have three main characters, Rooke, the blue collar stone mason that is, of course, a hidden great sculptor, and that due to an accident which injured her head can neither read or write. Then there is Adrian, an upper class journalist that is the black sheep of the family because she is a lesbian. She can not touch people because she has visions of warriors. Thankfully for her that do ...more
Cheri
Aug 09, 2009 Cheri rated it did not like it
This book had the potential to be good - and different from what Radclyffe usually puts out - but it ended up being pretty much crap. If all you're looking for are the typical Rad sex scenes, there were plenty of those. If you were looking for a follow through on the story arcs that seemed so promising in the beginning, you'll get none of that. Very disappointing. Very. She just seemed to decide about half way through that she just didn't care anymore and turned it into a clone of the rest of he ...more
Alena
Oct 18, 2009 Alena rated it liked it
Shelves: queer, fiction
This one left me confused. Weird for a romance novel, I know, usually they're pretty straight forward. Either you like it or you don't.

This one had two 'rivaling' components that I can't quite get together. On the one hand the two main characters, very strong, independent women. Liked them immediately, and saw the attraction.

The second component is certain paranormal 'activity', that is just there and not further explained and manifests itself in an additional character. Now, I get that you can'
Raven
Jul 14, 2015 Raven rated it it was ok
I'm so very frustrated with this story. This had great potential to be a fantasy novel and instead its a drawn out and the intimate moments are over done.

I really really really hate how there is so much attention brought to Melinda and her succubus like nature, with the voice in your ear, dream invasions, and the way everyone seems to be drawn in and unable to escape from her sexual wiles much like an addiction or mind control..... just for it to be for nothing. The first half of the book bring
Jeanne
Mar 10, 2013 Jeanne rated it it was amazing
One of my very favorites - different story with wounded but strong characters. Would like to understand a bit more about the supernatural piece of the story.
qrbooks
Nov 07, 2016 qrbooks rated it really liked it
F/F romance, paranormal

When Radclyffe and L.L. Raand collide... some readers are going to be a little confused.

This had all kinds of odd supernatural elements and characters I never completely figured out. In general, I saw this one as a character-driven allegory, of sorts, on the blood-sucking seduction of fame and fortune. Loss of innocence and all that. This 'blood-sucker' literally manifests as a woman and becomes symbolic. You just can't take these characters literally, I think, or
Cindy Stein
Feb 09, 2017 Cindy Stein rated it it was ok
Shelves: lesfic-romance
Adrian Oakes is the 20-something lesbian daughter of a wealthy family. Raised in NYC, her family hales from a small town in upstate NY where her grandmother still lives. Adrian travels to this town to housesit for her grandmother and there meets Rooke Tyler, the attractive granddaughter of the town's cemetery caretaker. Though the two clash at first, their connection builds to a boiling point. The third character in this story is Melinda Singer, a NYC based gallery owner who has come to the same ...more
Estelle
Aug 23, 2012 Estelle rated it liked it
Started abit slow, gradually pick up on the pace, outlining the storyline. Radclyffe is really a good writer, enjoyed her writing, all her books I read were well written and she seems to know the factual stuff.

The whole idea of Rooke as a secluded person, talented and beautiful sounds abit far-fetched. but hey, its a book right, all is possible. The whole telepathy between the 3 women gives off a mystical vibe. Almost supernatural, I thought Melinda was some kinda Sex Goddess/Cupid to bring Adr
Fin
Dec 07, 2013 Fin rated it liked it
Shelves: gblt, romance
Several story arcs were left unresolved and were woefully underdeveloped. There also seems to be some sort of rule that books in the genre can't be more than about 275 pages and this one is no exception.

But if you've read this author, you know going in that this is going to be the case. She basically rights the same book each time, she simply changes the names of the characters, the setting and the professions of the main characters.

And while I want her to do more......I keep reading her stuff.
Svetlana Wesley
Nov 16, 2015 Svetlana Wesley rated it really liked it
I was extremely intrigued in the beginning of the book. Characters were so different compared to the previous book in the series and I subconsciously expected something soulful like in "Love's melody lost" or "Love's masquerade". The story is beautiful and moving but the did not send a cycle of emotions through me.
Sheila
Dec 29, 2011 Sheila rated it it was ok
Shelves: read2012
P. CLIFFORD
Missed the mark!

Of all the Radclyffe books I've read, this is my least favorite. It seems to have gotten away from her. The mythical qualities make little sense. The Melinda character just confuses the story. It's as if she couldn't make up her mind, does she go for the erotica or the romance?
Seems hurried, confused and incomplete. She's better than this.
Evie Lawlor
May 21, 2012 Evie Lawlor rated it did not like it
Shelves: les
It was good but i would of thought that melinda was sought of the main character. The author also laid melindas personality on hard making her seem like a lust demon who fed of sex
Jessica
Aug 01, 2011 Jessica rated it did not like it
It was crap.
Michelle Holmes
May 15, 2011 Michelle Holmes rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
All I can say is that this book falls short of what it could have been.
Farah
Jul 14, 2012 Farah rated it liked it
This book was way too predictable, it was obvious who Rooke would end up choosing.
Patrizia
May 19, 2013 Patrizia rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
So dark and Gothic, I enjoyed the first part in special, you really do not know if the book will evolve into speculative fiction, simple romance or what else.
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2013
Chris
Chris rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2013
Brisa Ponce
Brisa Ponce rated it liked it
May 28, 2017
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2011
Myk Gomez
Myk Gomez rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
A
A rated it did not like it
May 28, 2015
Eliza
Eliza rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2014
Michelle Campbell
Michelle Campbell rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2013
Nicole Hettrich
Nicole Hettrich rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2015
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2012
Shawna Fuller
Shawna Fuller rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it did not like it
Sep 22, 2012
  • The Devil Be Damned (Cain Casey, #4)
  • Mine
  • Artist's Dream
  • Battle Scars
  • Blood Hunt (Midnight Hunters #2)
  • Rescue Me
  • Call Me Softly
  • Imagining Reality
  • Indelible
  • Embrace in Motion
  • Lethal Affairs (Elite Operatives, #1)
  • Conquest
19666
Radclyffe has written over forty-five romance and romantic intrigue novels, dozens of short stories, and, writing as L.L. Raand, has authored a paranormal romance series, The Midnight Hunters. She has also edited Best Lesbian Romance 2009 through 2015 as well as multiple other anthologies. She is an eight-time Lambda Literary Award finalist in romance, mystery, and erotica—winning in both romance ...more
More about Radclyffe...

Romance (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Love's Melody Lost