Start by marking “The Healthy Baby Meal Planner: Mom-Tested Child-Approved Recipes for Your Baby and Toddler” as Want to Read:

The Healthy Baby Meal Planner: Mom-Tested, Child-Approved Recipes for Your Baby and Toddler
Published June 21st 2005 by Fireside (first published October 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Healthy Baby Meal Planner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healthy Baby Meal Planner

Becky
Peaches and Rice
You could also combine the cooked rice with other fruits like dried apricots (chop and simmer with the rice,), or plums cooked with a little sugar.
Makes 2 Portions
1 Tbs. Flaked Brown rice
5/8 cup milk
1 ripe peach, skinned, pitted, and chopped
Put the rice and milk in a small pan. Sir over a low heat for about 5 min or until it boils and thickens. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the chopped peach. Puree for young babies.

Chicken with Cottage Cheese
Makes 2 portions
2 oz. cooked bone
Vee
Aug 17, 2010 Vee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely would recommend this book to all new moms. I didn't read the whole thing but scanned through the parts that were applicable to my 6 month old.
I thought that the prepared Gerber food were good enough until I realized that I had so very few choices when purchasing baby foods.
The book gives excellent tools and recipes.
It gave me lots of confidence in what I can and cannot let baby eat. There's so much information out there and it really is conflicting. For a long time I thought the on
Apr 01, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up in anticipation of trying to make food for our baby rather than relying just on store bought. We’re not quite to the point where she is eating solids, but I started reading the book since this is our first child and I wasn’t really sure when to start introducing foods, what foods to start with, etc. The book is laid out really well, starting with general info about how long to keep giving milk, how to transition to solids, and a general overview of what baby should be eating. Th ...more
Jun 13, 2012 Rachel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had read the 2010 version of this book, and was excited to find a new one when I went to library the other day. This one has even better recipes, especially for stage 3 weaning (nine to twelve months) and toddlers, which is where my son is right now. Since he is getting older, I'm always on the lookout for easy to chew food for him, since he's not really a fan of the purees anymore but he can't chew very well either. This cookbook has recipes for Healthy Fish Sticks, Lovely Lentils, Popeye Pas ...more
Kimberly
Mar 16, 2010 Kimberly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friend loaned this great book to me when I had to relearn how to feed an infant again. It was great and provided food introduction for each age categories. Each recipe is simple and tasty, Even I am willing to eat them un-pureed. The day to day meal planner was very helpful and got me into making sure my pantry was stocked with the right foods. This is certainly one book you can keep in your kitchen even even for picky toddlers!
laura
Feb 16, 2012 laura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i found this annabel karmel book to be the most inclusive of most of her books. it offers up a wide range of recipes that sound really yummy as well as providing basic nutritional information. she also covers a variety of ages - up until toddlerhood. i just placed an advance order for the new addition due out mid-april.
Jen
Feb 02, 2009 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking
Q liked the Tasty Liver Casserole (liver is apparently uber-healthy for the little guys) and the Risotto with Butternut Squash was great too. We all enjoyed the risotto, and I'm sure that many of these recipes could be whole-family recipes.
Amy
Oct 12, 2007 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: new mamas and papas
Shelves: childrens
Fed all my kids out of this book. Fond memories of fresh pea puree. On my gift list whenever someone has a baby.
Stevie
Dec 03, 2011 Stevie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011, hannah
This is a very helpful guide for making baby food. I know it seems like a weird thing to have recipes for (steam, add water, puree), but it is useful for food ideas and reference!
Lisette
Nov 18, 2009 Lisette rated it it was amazing
really good! great recipes, yummy, easy to make, no fancy2 ingredients. You also get samples of meal planner for your baby.
Cel
Feb 20, 2013 Cel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Easy to follow recipes for new moms like me who never cooked before. My baby no longer hates solid food because of the yummy recipes found on this book.
Jan 31, 2009 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been helpful as well when planning meals for my daughter. It does a better job of combining veggies, fruits, and carbs to get a more well-rounded meal that is just the right size for her.
Marybeth
Marybeth rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2012
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Feb 06, 2015
Konnie
Konnie rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2011
Sherri
Sherri rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2011
Meg
Meg rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2008
Tisha
Tisha rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2008
Joelen
Joelen rated it really liked it
Oct 30, 2010
Laura Vogt
Laura Vogt rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2014
Stephanie Christian
Stephanie Christian rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2014
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
May 10, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Frances
Frances rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2008
Christy
Christy rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2015
Jillian
Jillian rated it really liked it
May 08, 2015
Chelle
Chelle rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2016
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2009
Kiernan
Kiernan rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2015
Amyrah
Amyrah rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Cooking for Baby: Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious Foods for 6 to 18 Months
  • Eating for Pregnancy: The Essential Nutrition Guide and Cookbook for Today's Mothers-to-Be
  • Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys: Recipes, Strategies, and Survival Techniques
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life
  • Mediterranean Harvest: Vegetarian Recipes from the World's Healthiest Cuisine
  • YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade
  • Salad Samurai: 100 Cutting-Edge, Ultra-Hearty, Easy-to-Make Salads You Don't Have to Be Vegan to Love
  • Vegetarian India: A Journey Through the Best of Indian Home Cooking
  • The Book of Nurturing: Nine Natural Laws for Enriching Your Family Life
  • Redefining Girly: How Parents Can Fight the Stereotyping and Sexualizing of Girlhood, from Birth to Tween
  • Seven Spoons: My Favorite Recipes for Any and Every Day
  • Buvette: The Pleasure of Good Food
  • Baby and Toddler On the Go Cookbook: Fresh, Homemade Foods To Take Out And About
  • What Chefs Feed Their Kids: Recipes and Techniques for Cultivating a Love of Good Food
  • The Southern Vegetarian Cookbook: 100 Down-Home Recipes for the Modern Table
  • The Taco Cleanse: The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life
  • The Mozza Cookbook: Recipes from Los Angeles's Favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
  • The Healthiest Kid in the Neighborhood: Ten Ways to Get Your Family on the Right Nutritional Track (Sears Parenting Library)