Start by marking “The Healthy Baby Meal Planner: Mom-Tested, Child-Approved Recipes for Your Baby and Toddler” as Want to Read:

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Start your baby on a lifetime of healthy eating

Commercial baby food may seem healthy and convenient, but a meal prepared at home with fresh, high-quality ingredients is still the most nutritious one you can give your child. Preparing your own baby food is quick, easy and much more affordable than you might think. It is certainly the best way to cultivate healthy eating hab
Published June 21st 2005 by Fireside Books (first published October 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Healthy Baby Meal Planner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Healthy Baby Meal Planner

Vee
Definitely would recommend this book to all new moms. I didn't read the whole thing but scanned through the parts that were applicable to my 6 month old.
I thought that the prepared Gerber food were good enough until I realized that I had so very few choices when purchasing baby foods.
The book gives excellent tools and recipes.
It gave me lots of confidence in what I can and cannot let baby eat. There's so much information out there and it really is conflicting. For a long time I thought the on
Becky
Peaches and Rice
You could also combine the cooked rice with other fruits like dried apricots (chop and simmer with the rice,), or plums cooked with a little sugar.
Makes 2 Portions
1 Tbs. Flaked Brown rice
5/8 cup milk
1 ripe peach, skinned, pitted, and chopped
Put the rice and milk in a small pan. Sir over a low heat for about 5 min or until it boils and thickens. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in the chopped peach. Puree for young babies.

Chicken with Cottage Cheese
Makes 2 portions
2 oz. cooked bone
I picked this up in anticipation of trying to make food for our baby rather than relying just on store bought. We’re not quite to the point where she is eating solids, but I started reading the book since this is our first child and I wasn’t really sure when to start introducing foods, what foods to start with, etc. The book is laid out really well, starting with general info about how long to keep giving milk, how to transition to solids, and a general overview of what baby should be eating. Th ...more
Rachel
I had read the 2010 version of this book, and was excited to find a new one when I went to library the other day. This one has even better recipes, especially for stage 3 weaning (nine to twelve months) and toddlers, which is where my son is right now. Since he is getting older, I'm always on the lookout for easy to chew food for him, since he's not really a fan of the purees anymore but he can't chew very well either. This cookbook has recipes for Healthy Fish Sticks, Lovely Lentils, Popeye Pas ...more
Kimberly
My friend loaned this great book to me when I had to relearn how to feed an infant again. It was great and provided food introduction for each age categories. Each recipe is simple and tasty, Even I am willing to eat them un-pureed. The day to day meal planner was very helpful and got me into making sure my pantry was stocked with the right foods. This is certainly one book you can keep in your kitchen even even for picky toddlers!
laura
i found this annabel karmel book to be the most inclusive of most of her books. it offers up a wide range of recipes that sound really yummy as well as providing basic nutritional information. she also covers a variety of ages - up until toddlerhood. i just placed an advance order for the new addition due out mid-april.
Jen
Feb 27, 2009 Jen rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: cooking
Q liked the Tasty Liver Casserole (liver is apparently uber-healthy for the little guys) and the Risotto with Butternut Squash was great too. We all enjoyed the risotto, and I'm sure that many of these recipes could be whole-family recipes.
Rachel
This has been helpful as well when planning meals for my daughter. It does a better job of combining veggies, fruits, and carbs to get a more well-rounded meal that is just the right size for her.
Stevie
This is a very helpful guide for making baby food. I know it seems like a weird thing to have recipes for (steam, add water, puree), but it is useful for food ideas and reference!
Arielle
A very similar format to "From Animal Crackers to Wild West Beans" which I loved. The glossy pages and colorful illustrations make this fun to flip through. Great, simple recipes.
Cel
Easy to follow recipes for new moms like me who never cooked before. My baby no longer hates solid food because of the yummy recipes found on this book.
Lisette
really good! great recipes, yummy, easy to make, no fancy2 ingredients. You also get samples of meal planner for your baby.
Amy
Oct 12, 2007 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: new mamas and papas
Shelves: childrens
Fed all my kids out of this book. Fond memories of fresh pea puree. On my gift list whenever someone has a baby.
Sara
Great book! I wish that Hunt wasn't such a picky eater b/c there are some amazing recipes in this book.
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Christy
Christy is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2015
Emotionally Unstable
Emotionally Unstable marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Simone
Simone added it
Jun 15, 2015
Jillian
Jillian is currently reading it
May 08, 2015
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Nazley
Nazley marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2015
Michael Hill
Michael Hill marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
Pbj
Pbj marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 Quick and Easy Meals for a Healthy and Happy Baby First Meals: The Complete Cookbook and Nutrition Guide Superfoods for Babies and Children Mom and Me Cookbook Annabel Karmel's New Complete Baby & Toddler Meal Planner - 4th Edition