Start by marking “The Fencepost Chronicles” as Want to Read:
The Fencepost Chronicles

The Fencepost Chronicles

In The Fencepost Chronicles, Kinsella recounts 13 more wonderful stories featuring the delightfully crazy Frank Fencepost and his friend Silas Ermineskin -- as they cause a riot on a nude beach in Vancouver, chit-chat with the Queen (in her bedroom!) and manage a bankrupt baseball team.

Throughout it all, Frank and Silas remain undaunted though not always unbloodied, as the
Published September 1st 1987 by Houghton Mifflin (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about The Fencepost Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fencepost Chronicles

Bonnie
These were read-aloud hilarious stories when I read them. It so happened that I was teaching in a band school on a reservation at the time, and when I quizzed band members, they too, claimed to enjoy the stories.

I'm not sure how I would rate this book today. I do still have the book, and with my 'Librarian Status', decided to upload it, and at the same time, to add the book to my collection.

If you are reading, or intend to read this, I would welcome any commments you might choose to make!
Tom
Aug 24, 2009 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really funny stories of life among a group of young adults on an Indian Reservation in Western Canada. Example - the high school team is named "The Wagonburners." The Moccasin Telegraph is more of the same. I recommend them both.
Arnold James Isbister
Jun 26, 2012 Arnold James Isbister rated it it was amazing
I loved this book of short stories! Being Native myself it was a refreshing look at our humour as opposed to the stereotypical view of a sombre, sad and angry 'Indian' of old.
Dixie Goode
Jul 27, 2011 Dixie Goode rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-shelf
This book, bu the Author of "Dield of Dreams" isn't baseball, and it had me laughing non-stop at its humorous description of life "on The Rez"
Janelle V.
Oct 19, 2007 Janelle V. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious picaresque novel.
David
Jun 29, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1985
These were some of the funniest stories I ever read and got me started on W.P. Kinsella.
Marc
Dec 27, 2014 Marc rated it liked it
The last book in the Fencepost series that is worth reading; Like Dance Me Outside, The Fencepost Chronicles would otherwise be worth an extra star if it didn't suffer from the author's discriminatory delivery
Cristalle1
Aug 09, 2013 Cristalle1 rated it it was amazing
I read these stories many, many years ago and recently revisited them. Some of these are laugh out loud stories with the sobering reality of life sprinkled in. Life on the Rez comes alive with Frank Fencepost and his community. I became a huge fan after the Miss Hobbema Pageant and have read all the books since. I highly recommend this book and Kinsella's other related books in the series.
Nicki
Feb 24, 2012 Nicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
I laughed so hard and so loud while reading this book that my, then 6 year old, daughter said I was not allowed to read in public. She was mortified!
Robyn
Robyn rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2010
dollum
dollum rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Lynne Williams
Oct 13, 2011 Lynne Williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wish this was on Kindle. More tomorrow.
Catherine
Catherine rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Erik Miller
Erik Miller rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2009
Robin Tinani
Robin Tinani rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2012
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Kathy Russell
Kathy Russell rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2014
Karl
Karl rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Dyck House
Dyck House rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Chuck Levere
Chuck Levere rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Andrea
Andrea rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2012
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Chris Metelnick
Chris Metelnick rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Jean Oram
Jean Oram rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2009
Leland Olson
Leland Olson rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2015
Stan
Stan rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Genevieve
Genevieve rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2012
Bob
Bob rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Clivemichael
Clivemichael rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2012
Andrew Leach
Andrew Leach rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
  • Whale Music
  • Open
  • Lives of Mothers & Daughters: Growing Up With Alice Munro
  • Broken Ground
  • Trial of Passion (Arthur Beauchamp, #1)
  • Radiance
  • Murder at the Mendel (A Joanne Kilbourn Mystery #2)
  • Architects Are Here
  • Slow Hand: Women Writing Erotica
  • The Luck of Ginger Coffey
  • Small Change
William Patrick Kinsella, OC, OBC was a Canadian novelist and short story writer. His work has often concerned baseball and Canada's First Nations and other Canadian issues.

William Patrick Kinsella was born to John Matthew Kinsella and Olive Kinsella in Edmonton, Alberta. Kinsella was raised until he was 10 years-old at a homestead near Darwell, Alberta, 60 km west of the city, home-schooled by hi
More about W.P. Kinsella...