Start by marking “Sorcerer” as Want to Read:
Sorcerer

Sorcerer

The core book for Ron Edwards' groundbreaking Sorcerer rpg.
Published January 1st 2001 by Adept Press

To ask other readers questions about Sorcerer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sorcerer

Емануил Томов
Jan 15, 2016 Емануил Томов rated it really liked it
За тези, които биха полюбопитствали що е то p'n'p RPG-playing systems извън хилядите таблици на D&D, Vampire, Shadowrun, GURPS и тем подобните симулационистки тухли.

Авторът е най-голямата фигура в наративисткото движение в p'n'p ролевите игри - и един от най-добрите теоретизатори в полето, освен дето е написал една сюрия игри, - а мантрата на Sorcerer е Story Now - "not story later, when the characters are awesome enough, not story before, with 10 pages of character background and a preplann
Chris
Since college, I have become a theoretical role-player. My friend Matt has only played D&D and Champions, but he flies home twice a year to game with friends. I've read dozens and dozens of games, but haven't rolled a die in about eight years. Sorcerer is one of the best games I've come across as a RPG-ologist. Ron Edwards is the most prominent figure in the current indie-rpg world, and with this game he pretty much spear-headed the independent game as a viable product. His essays on TheForg ...more
JJ
Feb 24, 2011 JJ rated it really liked it
Shelves: rpg, sorcerer, pdf
Sorcerer was not what I expected. It was one of those "must read" books for RPG game design. It was much more of a toolkit than what I thought it would be.

As a game (which I have only read and not played) it seems it would take a lot work to set up. Many of the attributes must first be defined in their scope. Demons must be defined, Humanity must be defined, reasons must be outlined for Humanity lost and gained. It very much leans toward a co-operative setting, now so commonplace in story games.
Aug 12, 2013 John rated it liked it
An interesting game. Not one that I'd normally have much interest in due to the theme, but one I felt that I should read since: A) it is often cited as inspiration for games that I have enjoyed. B) it plays an important role in the history of "indie-games." C) I received a free ding & dent copy as part of an order from IPR a couple of years ago.

I'm glad I did read it, because it looks like it could be a very interesting, if also very challenging, game to play. My group is scheduled to give i
Aug 12, 2013 John rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A second edition without the drawbacks of making a second edition: namely that it doesn't in any way replace the first edition.

What it does is to allow the designer to convert 15 years of experience into clarifications, suggestions, and a few places where he would have changed things if he was actually doing a second edition.

I like the core rules, but am glad that I have this version as well.
Brendan  McAuliffe
Aug 26, 2007 Brendan McAuliffe rated it liked it
< let me do the cover art next time >
Jason Valletta
Jason Valletta rated it it was ok
Aug 18, 2012
Brooks
Brooks rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
James Ritter
James Ritter rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2010
kbreezy
kbreezy rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Richard
Richard rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Will
Will rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2013
John
John rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
Pierre-emmanuel
Pierre-emmanuel rated it did not like it
Feb 05, 2012
Lady Entropy
Lady Entropy rated it did not like it
Jan 08, 2014
Shannon Lewis
Shannon Lewis rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2009
Danny
Danny rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2009
James Steinberg
James Steinberg rated it really liked it
Apr 05, 2013
Scott Andrews
Scott Andrews rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2013
Thor Olavsrud
Thor Olavsrud rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2013
Seonaidh
Seonaidh rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2013
Kevin
Kevin rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Aaron Jones
Aaron Jones rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2016
Dave
Dave rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2009
Jacob Possin
Jacob Possin rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2013
Lepper
Lepper rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2008
Ramón Nogueras Pérez
Ramón Nogueras Pérez rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2012
Peter
Peter rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2008
John Roberts
John Roberts rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2013