Start by marking “Blood Games” as Want to Read:
Blood Games

Blood Games

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  10 reviews
An account of the murder of wealthy North Carolinian Lieth von Stein describes how von Stein's stepson, a young man obsessed with Dungeons & Dragons, attacked his mother and stepfather in their beds while they slept.
Published April 7th 1992 by Onyx (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Games, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Games

In Cold Blood by Truman CapoteHelter Skelter by Vincent BugliosiThe Stranger Beside Me by Ann RuleThe Devil in the White City by Erik LarsonMidnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
Best True Crime
103rd out of 498 books — 818 voters
In Cold Blood by Truman CapoteHelter Skelter by Vincent BugliosiThe Stranger Beside Me by Ann RuleThe Devil in the White City by Erik LarsonThe Manson File by Nikolas Schreck
True Crime
137th out of 401 books — 437 voters

More lists with this book...

I first encountered this title working at a used bookstore. A customer came in looking for this book about nerdy college kids who play Dungeons and Dragons and form a bizarre plot to murder. I was intrigued and being that it’s a little dated, I had no trouble picking it up at the library. My favorite kind of murder mystery accounts are the ones that DON’T outright tell you who-killed-who, and that’s exactly how Bledsoe handled the case. I’m going to be honest though, it’s a long book (I had to r ...more
Dee brown
Very wordy. It's a good story, however too many redundant things I skipped over 200 or so pages. It won't stop me from reading other books by this author.
Sarah Beth Breck
True Story...Jerry Bledsoe is a reporter from The Greensboro News and uses his reporting skills to get three sides of every story....
Natasha
True story, that's the creppiest thing about it. If you like thrillers, murder mysteries and/or dysfunctional families, this is a good book to read. I loved it but its very intense, so be warned. Also, I have never been able to look at people who play "Dungeons and Dragons" the same again.
Pretty good account of same crime as in Joe McGuinness's Cruel Doubt, this time from one of the murderers' point of view. Very decent for the genre, although the hysterical tone about Dungeons and Dragons doesn't help matters.
Katie Winkler
If you like true crime books, check out Jerry Bledsoe. I met him at a writer's conference, and he seems like a very nice guy too. Trained and worked as a journalist in Greensboro, NC.
Robbie
Another good one about family that just makes your jaw drop open (but also abouta Mom who loves her kid unconditionally and tries to forgive). Scary how some thing but another good read.
Suzanne
Love Jerry....thought this one was a tad drawn out.
Kitty
I could hardly put it down, even though I knew the story. I love the attention to detail Mr. Bledsoe puts in all his books.
Laurie Stoll
A very well written book of a true crime story.
David
David marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
belle lawson
belle lawson marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Christi White
Christi White marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2015
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Karen
Karen added it
Jun 11, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Listen Up
Listen Up is currently reading it
Apr 30, 2015
Michelle Keefe
Michelle Keefe marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Gabby Wholey
Gabby Wholey marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Jennifer Bennink
Jennifer Bennink marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Lesleyanne Bathory
Lesleyanne Bathory marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Sharonb
Sharonb marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
  • Cruel Doubt
  • Son
  • Murder in Little Egypt
  • Cruel Deception
  • From Cradle to Grave: The Short Lives and Strange Deaths of Marybeth Tinning's Nine Children
  • Echoes in the Darkness
  • Till Death Us Do Part: A True Murder Mystery
  • Somebody's Husband, Somebody's Son
  • Bad Karma: A True Story Of Obsession And Murder
  • Blood and Money
Bitter Blood: A True Story of Southern Family Pride, Madness, and Multiple Murder Before He Wakes: A True Story of Money, Marriage, Sex and Murder Death Sentence: The True Story of Velma Barfield's Life, Crimes, and Punishment The Angel Doll: A Christmas Story Blood Games: A True Account of Family Murder