Start by marking “The Genie Within: Your Subconcious Mind--How It Works and How to Use It” as Want to Read:
The Genie Within: Your Subconcious Mind--How It Works and How to Use It

The Genie Within: Your Subconcious Mind--How It Works and How to Use It

You have a genie that will grant your wishes. But, your genie will not grant wishes simply by rubbing a lamp or uncorking a magical bottle. The genie is your subconscious mind, and you must know how to it works and how to use it before it will be your powerful servant. This book is your instruction manual. The Genie Within is not "feel-good" stories and "have-faith" platit ...more
Published June 25th 2004 by Harry Carpenter Publishing (first published April 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Genie Within, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Genie Within

Spencer Hedges
Jul 15, 2014 Spencer Hedges rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bought this book 3 days ago and just finished it. If there is a key to happiness, life, goals, etc. it is in this book. The subconscious is a powerful friend that I feel everyone should read about. :)
Gridknightt
The author forewarns that most of the book contents are copies of other persons material. I did find that MANY pages could have been eliminated; each lesson ends with a lengthy description (what one should perhaps read)of what to suggest/tell your subconscious mind whilst in the Alpha state. I didn't like treating the subconscious as a "person"...thanking it, praising it, etc. I did like the fact that I didn't have to read the last chapter...it was on prayer.

I was able to pick up a few ideas and
Vinokanth Velu
May 28, 2016 Vinokanth Velu rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I read on subconscious mind and its abilities. This book extends the ideas presented by Maxwell Maltz in his book Psycho-Cybernetics.
Alyson
Feb 17, 2010 Alyson rated it it was amazing
Best book I've read in the whole "The Secret" genre.
Sean Silva
Apr 27, 2015 Sean Silva rated it liked it
The Genie Within is a book with a great concept if you go in with an open mind. Not everyone is going to appreciate some of the things in the book or how they are presented, for example, prayer. The author also puts a lot of emphasis on hypnosis. Not only is it mentioned in many of the examples to back up his claims but he also gives self hypnosis passages for you to use yourself. Overall, the concepts covered are beneficial and if practiced will improve your life, your well being and your healt ...more
Ali Mignonne
Jan 04, 2015 Ali Mignonne rated it really liked it
This is an interactive book that requires a small time commitment to do the exercises. While I did find some real benefits and deep truths, there was also a fair amount of what I considered wishful thinking. Maybe I'm just not doing it right ... Anyway, despite that, I did like this book very much.
John Martindale
For the most part I am on board with the author's premise, but I think how he presents the material, sometimes made it hard to take it all seriously. I listened to the audiobook and the narrator didn't help by any means, it was obnoxious to have to hear the narrator try to use a hypnotist voice and carry on with "relax... you are feeling very relaxed... your toes are relaxed, oh so relaxed, you just love how relaxed your toes feel, oh soooo reeeelaaxed, oh it feels sooooo good to have the toes f ...more
Ammar Fakhruddin
Aug 20, 2014 Ammar Fakhruddin rated it it was amazing
This is a must read book. Objectively leads you to directions, explains methods in details to control your mind.
Sandeep Asthana
Apr 06, 2016 Sandeep Asthana rated it it was amazing
Simple. No nonsense. With specific approaches and affirmations. Good toolkit.
Bayan Malki
Feb 14, 2014 Bayan Malki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
يلخص مبادئ علم الطاقة و كيفية استخدامها و الدخول في حالة ألفا بطريقة سلسة وسهلة
Hesham  ellayeh
كتاب يحتوي علي كل المعلومات الاساسيه المتوفره عن العقل الباطن وكافي في موضوعه
Maryanne
Jan 11, 2011 Maryanne rated it liked it
Might look and sound cheesy but it was very well done. I liked reading because the author has had a lifelong passion for understanding his field. He seems to have a knack at presenting the information in a way that promotes retention-go figure. He often sounded like an excited kid which might be lame to some but came across as endearing to me.
Asungushe B.
Dec 09, 2015 Asungushe B. rated it it was amazing
If you wanted to read only one book in the whole law-of-attraction genre, this is the book!
B
Aug 04, 2015 B rated it it was amazing
This book one of the few books that you can't put it on the shelf and forget about it. I read it 3 times and I will read it again and again.
May 16, 2011 Sarah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كتآب اتى بوقته انقذني من بعض اليأس واهدآني سلالم كثيره لاعود للامل من جديد

كم عشقت هذا الكتاب واوصي كل من يشعر بذره من اليأس بان يجرب يقرأه
محمد معروف
Jul 09, 2011 محمد معروف rated it really liked it
Nice writing, good exercises, but promises over the edge capabilities that never fulfills (perhaps needs some Tuting with an instructor).
Yui Furukawa
Nov 13, 2013 Yui Furukawa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
كتاب رائع مفصل عن العقل الباطن
افضل كتاب قرأته في هذا المجال
Kevin Kennedy
Dec 11, 2013 Kevin Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read!
Prasenjit Saha
May 17, 2012 Prasenjit Saha rated it really liked it
enjoyed thoroughly.
Erika Niekerk
Erika Niekerk marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2016
Sameeh Abdullah
Sameeh Abdullah marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Jorgen Hollnagel
Jorgen Hollnagel rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2016
Donna  Goings
Donna Goings rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Grendel
Grendel marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
AchtungLavoratori
AchtungLavoratori marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Rajnit
Rajnit marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2016
hiba adnan
hiba adnan marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
  • A Better Way to Think: Using Positive Thoughts to Change Your Life
  • The Power of Impossible Thinking: Transform the Business of Your Life and the Life of Your Business [With CDROM]
  • Head First!: You're smarter than you think
  • Mental Efficiency
  • Now You're Thinking!: Change Your Thinking...Transform Your Life
  • This We Know
  • Be Happy!: Release the Power of Happiness in YOU
  • The Hinge: The Importance of Mental Toughness
  • The Oxford Companion to the Mind
  • The Art of Failure: The Anti Self-Help Guide
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • A Taste of Irrationality: Sample chapters from Predictably Irrational and Upside of Irrationality
  • Cosmic Consciousness - A Study in the Evolution of the Human Mind
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
  • 50 Self-Help Classics: 50 Inspirational Books to Transform Your Life from Timeless Sages to Contemporary Gurus
  • Mind Maps: Quicker Notes, Better Memory, and Improved Learning 2.0
  • 1001 Things You Didn't Know You Wanted To Know
  • Braintrust: What Neuroscience Tells Us About Morality

“The less you strain, the more you relax and let it happen, the more successful you will be. This will make more sense after the first three” 0 likes
“COMPARISON OF THE CONSCIOUS MIND AND THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND” 0 likes