Start by marking “Faery Wicca, Book 1: Theory and Magick, a Book of Shadows and Lights (The Ancient Oral Faery Tradition of Ireland) (Bk.1)” as Want to Read:

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Undertake an apprenticeship guided by the only published authentic teachings of Faery Wicca. Gain a comprehensive understanding of this old folk faith's beliefs, history and practices. Explore the Celtic pantheon, Celtic division of the year, and the fairies of the Tuatha De Danann and their descendants. Discover the magickal symbols and alphabets used to encode the teachi ...more
Published August 8th 1998 by Llewellyn Publications (first published August 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Faery Wicca, Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faery Wicca, Book 1

Morgan
Faery Wicca Book 1: Theory and Magic: a book of shadows and light. This one was pulled from print years ago but can still be found easily used; however it's not even worth the money to buy used. Her information is so inaccurate it makes me wonder if she read half the sources she lists in her bibliography. She relies on several authors which have been largely discredited, such as Robert Graves ideas about the Celtic tree calendar, or Seamus McManus's archeologically inaccurate idea that the Fomo ...more
Spider Goddess
First of all, let me just say that I do not consider myself Wiccan. However, I do really enjoy working with faeries. I find them to be especially helpful as I am a life long gardener and guardian of the land upon which I reside. I am tied to it. I picked up this book hoping to deepen that connection and learn more about these blessed of allies.

This book is better than I had expected. I enjoyed reading certain bits of history I had not known previously. I also enjoyed the structure. Wiccan or no
Kate
The only thing going for this book is that it is well organized and seemingly fairly well written. Other than that this book is mostly total crap.

This book pretends to be well cited as far as the sources the author used but there are so many tidbits pretending to be facts that are not cited that I began to add bookmarks every time I saw one of these. There are so many made up "facts" and so many historical "facts" that are proven incorrect that this book is kinda worthless.

The author also seems
Francoise McKay
I have had some disturbing accusations that Kisma Stepanich lifted much of this material from other authors. While I have not seen outright plagiarism, there are a fair number of witch Traditions that do not want things published. Of course, being a Lllewelyn book, they specialize in Wicca 101 and How To books. Nevermind that most Faery Trad folks hate the book because of the inaccuracies within it. I'd give it a pass.
David
Jul 12, 2008 David added it
Shelves: back-shelf
This is one group's take on Wicca. I can respect that. But do take the words "Ancient" and "Oral" with the proverbial grain of salt. I hope no Wicca 101 types are being fooled by this line anymore. Once you've written two large volumes on your tradition, it is no longer an oral tradition. That's just another cheap tactic to make it sound old and thus more legitimate.
Tracey-anne Mccartney
Full of information, again one of my faves on the fae.
Ruby Hollyberry
This author has been proven to be fraudulent and all her material stolen. Search online and find it out for yourself.
Miranda
That's right...
Bianca Bercaru
Bianca Bercaru marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Cas Gilbert
Cas Gilbert marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Day
Day marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Gerald Albrecq
Gerald Albrecq marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Tabitha Martin
Tabitha Martin marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Ezra
Ezra marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Joe Birkla
Joe Birkla marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Faery Wicca Book Two: Shamanic Practices of the Cunning Arts Faery Wicca Tarot Kit: Ancient Faery Tradition Of Ireland Faery Wicca Tarot Deck