Single in Saudi

Single in Saudi

2.95 of 5 stars 2.95  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Bored at work and nursing a broken heart, a thirty something R.N. leaves her prestigious job at a Houston medical center to work at a military hospital in Saudi Arabia in 1978. She arrives in a land struggling to catch up to the Western world while retaining its strict Muslim morality - at least in public. "Genia," a bold, single, blue-eyed blonde, discovers that sex and d...more
Published December 3rd 2002 by AuthorHouse (first published November 1st 2002)

Fatima Afridi
A brutally honest and promiscuous woman out on a roll in a land where everything is forbidden (haram) yet happening. It did scare me that she was a medical professional and yet had no inhibition when it came to illicit drugs. However she also comes across as an extremely responsible and accountable nurse.
I had a bitter taste in my mouth whenver I witnessed the blatant double standards in Saudi men. I could later understand the snarky tone this woman used for them.
It just became too much to han...more
Ellie Revert
Great to learn more about Saudi Arabia and how women are treated. Put off by the vast number of men she slept with--couldn't keep up! (free on Nook)
Janet Whalen-Jones
Not that great a book, I just wish I could have lived her life!
Karen Cook
Karen Cook marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Cyndi
Cyndi added it
May 09, 2014
Joosta
Joosta marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Mankiran Kaur
Mankiran Kaur marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2013
Creative
Creative marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Ali Alyami
Ali Alyami marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2012
Jami Siddiqui
Jami Siddiqui marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2011
Zeynep
Zeynep added it
Aug 04, 2011
Janey
Janey marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2010