Start by marking “Monkey with a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problem” as Want to Read:
Monkey with a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problem

Monkey with a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problem (Chico Bon Bon)

Chico Bon Bon has a problem . . . a noisy problem. He wants to fix it. BUT HE CAN'T FIND IT! What's a monkey to do? Use his tools, of course. With his tool belt, Chico can do anything!

Book Details: Format: Library Binding Publication Date: 4/1/2009 Pages: 32 Reading Level: Age 5 and Up
Published April 1st 2009 by Carolrhoda Books (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Monkey with a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monkey with a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problem

babyhippoface
Jan 19, 2012 babyhippoface rated it really liked it
There's a terrible "Arooga! Boom! Clang!" noise in Chico Bon Bon's tree house, but he cannot find what's causing the sound. After searching from attic to basement, he locates the source of the problem: an elephant named Clark is stuck in the laundry chute.

No kidding. How priceless is that?

Chico Bon Bon uses his handy-dandy tool belt, and in just 12 easy steps involving tools like a tape measure, sticky winch, grease gun, and his newly-built banana cannon, he pulls Clark free. Yes, I did just say
Laura Haske
Jan 19, 2014 Laura Haske rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
My two-year old son loves this story. I've read it many, many times. He likes watching the monkey investigate the noise and gets a kick out of the tongue-twisting list of tools. For some reason, the noise itself "arooga boom boom clang clang" is hilarious. The best part, however, is the illustration of what is causing the noise. We always stop and laugh together at that page.
Jess
Mar 14, 2017 Jess rated it really liked it
March 2017 - I like this one even more than the first, because I'm a sucker for pictures showing cut-away houses, and Chico's treehouse is pretty epic. Ben was super excited to see another installment in the series.
Dolly
Jun 22, 2009 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2010
This is a very odd story, but is a fun book to look at. The pictures are busy; Chico is trying to detect where the loud noise is coming from and with his tool belt (filled with all sorts of interestingly named tools), he is confident he can fix it.

The source of the noise is very strange indeed, but you can be sure that Chico has a plan. It's a fun story to read aloud, especially with all of the onomatopoeia, and it has (surprisingly) several examples of polite manners that are subtly incorporat
Pam
Dec 02, 2016 Pam rated it it was ok
I loved this book and I hated this book at the same time. Chris Monroe does a great job at so many things in this book but it has one fundamental flaw that I just could not overlook: Why does the Monkey Chico not have real tools in his tool belt? Does Chris Monroe think real tools are too boring or too dangerous? This book would have been so great if the book focused on a real handy Monkey who solved problems and built things. The illustrations are great, the focus on how to solve a problem was ...more
Maya Orama
This book is about a monkey he hade a big belt that has things to fix stuff every morning he wake up and fix his room monkey has big house when monkey was doing the launder every thing got stuck so monkey went down down to the sewer and he sow a hug elephant that got stuck in the sewer were the do their launder so he went back home took a rope and put it on his. foot and pule the elephant out the elephant wanted to be his friend because he saved hime so their friends and the elephant want a big ...more
Michelle
Jun 16, 2010 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
My five year old son loved this book and even my eight year old daughter who was eves-dropping on our reading enjoyed it a great deal. The illustrations are incredibly in-depth with plenty of things to find and talk about along with a story that had more than one place of 'laugh out loud' funny for the kids. I recommend this book highly and I am always happy to find a story that appeals to my do-it-his-self son and his desire to fiddle with every single thing he can.
Sarah W
May 22, 2010 Sarah W rated it really liked it
Chico Bon Bon has a vast array of tools available on his belt, enough to solve any problem. However, his chopper, candy finder, pickle picker and jabber can't solve the problem when he can't find where the problem is. Something is booming and clanging all through his house. Children will enjoy the pictures accompanying Chico's search through this silly adventure. This story will appeal to fans of the Scaredy Squirrel series.
Katie
Read at Super Animal Story Time - 8/15/15

This book is great for smaller groups, so that everyone can look at the small pictures together. We all took a look at the tools, the rooms Chico checked, and the steps of *removing the noise.*

The story is a little odd, but we had fun guessing the noise and investigating.

I finished with a tool belt craft. I even drew big versions of three of his tools to put in our belts.
Bobby
Aug 06, 2009 Bobby rated it liked it
Not quite on par with the original book, but still dryly funny. Narrates with a deadpan delivery. The volume seemed to focus more on phonology than vocabulary, but practical on both levels. I'd be really interested to see what kids think of these books.

*If I interpreted correctly, there were some Richard Scarry nods given in various illustrations. Maybe an inspiration of the author/illustrator?
Megan
Jun 26, 2010 Megan rated it it was amazing
It's been awhile since we've come across a children's book that caused everyone in the family to belly laugh. My three year old could not stop laughing. Same with my 7, 9, 12, 16, and 41 year old. We all laughed and laughed.
The text is funny. The illustrations are hilarious. And there is a surprise that is just so surprising.
Check this one out for your kids. Or buy it; they'll want to read it over and over.
As for you, Chris Monroe--please write more books!
Corrie
May 04, 2009 Corrie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-book
If you had heard Betty Bush laughing while reading this book, you would go buy this book in a second! Great pictures, awesome toolbelt, fun for all!

P.S. I can't wait for them to come out with a stuffed animal or even just the toolbelt (as a toy). Kids would go nuts (and admittedly, so would I)!
Kristen
I love Chico Bon Bon! I love that he's named Chico Bon Bon, I love that he's a monkey with a tool belt, I love his tools ("chopper, chipper, bopper, bipper, tacker, clacker, snicker-snacker......"), I love the detailed illustration of his tree house (where I wish I lived) and I love the page where he finds out just exactly what is stuck in his laundry chute, making all the noise. My new fave!
Cory
Mar 23, 2009 Cory rated it it was amazing
I've read A LOT of picture books in my various careers, and sometimes I think I get a bit jaded. Although there are things that amuse and delight me, it's pretty rare that anything surprises me. I was surprised by what happened in this book . . . like gasping, delighted surprise when I turned a page. There's a lot to like in this book, and I do! Yay for Chico Bonbon!!!!
Jaime
Sep 09, 2010 Jaime rated it it was amazing
This book is GREAT!!! It has it all- great story, rhyming, great illustrations, topic of interest to young children (animals with tools!), and it is HILARIOUS!! My son was laughing up a storm, whcih caused me to laugh up a storm. By the end of the book, it was one big giggle-fest in our house! Highly recommended!!
Daniel
Oct 21, 2012 Daniel rated it liked it
Shelves: science
grade:3-5
topic: making observation and prediction, scientific procedule.
machine.

monkey goes around the house with different tools to fix stuffs.
This is a great book when teacher is introducing science.
*first day of science book!
Sunnyvale Librarian
Chico the monkey has a problem. There's a very annoying noise in his tree house. Chico straps on his tool belt and goes in search of the noise. Young tool enthusiasts will delight in this tale of a monkey who searches for and finds a very funny reason for this problem.
Jill
Jul 14, 2016 Jill rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-fic
This is a really cute book, but I don't think it would work well in storytime due to some of the busy detailed pictures as well as the two page spread near the end with 12 comic style boxes--I just don't think it will do well in a group setting.
Eric
Oct 13, 2009 Eric rated it it was amazing
A great book to share with a great kid. Take time with it talk about the details and the plans. I gave the first one five stars, which made me wish I could give this one six, bet Chico Bon Bon with his banana cannon could give this book six stars after he divides by seven.
Connor
May 22, 2016 Connor rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist, library, age-2
Though Mike isn't a fan of the nonsensical tools, Connor at age 2 loves the way Chico is always fixing things with his tools, and will often emulate him with his own tools around the house. Chico is polite and thorough, and it's got odd but heavily detailed illustrations that he loves to explore.
Alison
Aug 05, 2009 Alison rated it it was amazing
Chico Bon Bon does it again! He wakes up one morning and hears a loud noise, so he puts on his trusty tool belt (over his pjs) and goes forth to find the source of the problem.
I love the illustrations in these books.
Phillip Lemons
Apr 22, 2016 Phillip Lemons rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-books
My boy loves tools and fixing things. This caught his attention right off. The artwork provides a lot of detail to look at while reading the story. The clincher was the laugh out loud silliness. This one makes the library borrowing rotation, for sure.
Diana Pettis
Aug 07, 2011 Diana Pettis rated it liked it
Good for a read aloud with younger children. Was perfect for my 5 year old son.
Molly
Oct 12, 2009 Molly rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My son loved the first Monkey with a Tool Belt, but I found it a bit disturbing. On this one, however, we can agree.
Kimberly
Jul 15, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Great story to teach problem solving.
Crystal
May 06, 2009 Crystal rated it it was amazing
April
Aug 06, 2012 April rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-s-books
AWESOME kid book. Especially good for little boys (and their moms). Got this for R's second bday. LOVE all her books!!
Hans
Aug 29, 2009 Hans rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book. This monkey can do wonders. Pick it up for a cool kid.
Joan
May 23, 2016 Joan rated it it was amazing
This book is really funny because the reason for the noisy problem is nothing you would expect! This is a great book for teaching problem and solution fictional elements. And Chico Bon Bon is cute.
Radtin
Nov 27, 2011 Radtin rated it it was amazing
Chris Monroe is a very clever author. Kids just love this monkey! This is a great book for kids, both the story and the illustrations are top notch.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • I Don't Want a Posh Dog
  • The Super Hungry Dinosaur
  • Moo!
  • Stormy Weather
Chris Monroe's humor and intricate illustrations draw high praise from reviewers and bloggers alike. Chris is also the author and illustrator of Totally Uncool and the long-running comic strip Violet Days. She lives in Duluth, Minnesota.
More about Chris Monroe...

Chico Bon Bon (3 books)