Start by marking “Anything for You, Ma'am: An IITian's Love Story” as Want to Read:
Anything for You, Ma'am: An IITian's Love Story

Anything for You, Ma'am: An IITian's Love Story

2.94 of 5 stars 2.94  ·  rating details  ·  5,221 ratings  ·  194 reviews
Tejas can’t help falling madly in love with his sister’s beautiful best friend Shreya even though she lives at the other end of the nation, in Chennai….and he would do anything for her….even jeopardize his career to travel the length of the country just to meet her.

Thus begins Tejas’s extremely eventful and humorous journey where Mr. Fate pits him, as only he can, against
Published April 30th 2006 by Srishti Publishers & Distributors

To ask other readers questions about Anything for You, Ma'am, please sign up.

Sucheta Depends on what you want in a book. It is a light read and has some fun parts. Go for it if you are travelling and want to pass your time.
Baby by J.K. AccinniEcho by J.K. AccinniArmageddon Cometh by J.K. AccinniHive by J.K. AccinniEvil Among Us by J.K. Accinni
books i own
243rd out of 363 books — 194 voters
Insurgent by Veronica RothThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareDivergent by Veronica RothThe Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Books I Must Read in 2012
467th out of 524 books — 484 voters

More lists with this book...

Aparna
Apr 18, 2008 Aparna rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: errr
Following in the footsetps of the "other" "IIT'an" book Five Point Someone, this book in one word is a DISASTER.
The kid (thats is what i can think of calling the "author", i cannot justify calling the guy much else), is a pseudo grown up, jaded, disillusioned guy with BAD grammar (IIT standards, huh!!!! GAWD), a "I will revelutionize the world" view of love (what is THAT about), and an almost DESPERATE need to cram every expolit in college life he can concieve.
The "story"line, follows Tejas Nar
Kodali
Have you ever gone through a book that was so good you kept hugging yourself mentally as you read?? Has any book ever stirred your soul and brought out tenderness that has been lying dormant for quite some time? Well it happened for me and i do not promise it is the case with every one.

When i was reading the book, i thought,i was definitely missing the part of life he was describing. I felt jealous of the experiences he was narrating. Although it was the author deviated a bit in the middle with
Hitesha Deshpande
There are moments in life when you want to take a pause and look at where you are and everything around you. This book gave me one such moment. As a struggling author, I know how difficult it can be to get across to a publisher who sees the merit in your story. I look back at the struggle of my first book and wonder if Tushar Raheja had to go through the same?

I also wonder if there is any merit at all in the screening processes of certain publishing houses. Has the focus shifted from language a
D
Feb 22, 2012 D added it
Its sad that there is no minus rating.
Manikanta Avinash
It is NOT another novel fromanother IITian inspired by Chetan Bhagat. This dude writes way better than Chetan Bhagat. A very warm, nice love story which finally an IITian can relate to(unlike 5.some1). Obviously he is inspired a lot by Wodehouse and he folows in his footsteps well. A very funny and warm love story which doesn't look filmy like Chetan Bhagat books. Looking forward to his next...
Sahil Aggarwal
Refreshing...>!!!!!!

They say you can't judge a book by its cover... This one is an exception. You pick the book in the bookstore and you know very well what's coming... So please don't try and find meanings or teachings from a novel like this.

You've some stuff to manage, a meeting to prepare for, an exam to study for, do it... and when you are all done and need to relax, that's the time when you should start with this one. Its a book about love, life, and fun and at least for once it strikes
MADitya
Not worth the time spent on it, i regret having wasted time on it. This book doesn't have anything that i expected, but thank god, it didn't have any sleazy, cheap scenes like the ones of CB. Coming back to this, its full of wit and humor, rather more than that is necessary in a novel. The author would be better off having a blog site writing funny blogs and earning revenue from the google ads on his blog. He need not have to write a book. Absolutely no literary value, you can't even teach your ...more
Monicka.k.j Jayachandran
The most endearing,innocent,sweet love story,with which youngsters can really connect...Though its a love story its not just that...its about life especially of a recently turned youngester:)and what makes it an extraordinary novel is the fact that its insanely humorous :)
anyone who wants to have a good laugh...go for it :)When i was reading the book,i thought i was definitely missing the part of life he was describing.I felt jealous of the experiences he was narrating.Although it was the author
Divya Tinnanuri
This is a good clean book with humour…love..emotions…
-Tejas and Ria Didi’s conversations…tooo good…
-His first date with Shreya…no doubt in saying this as a Ideal date for any couple in love..
-The professor’s episode…
-His every try to meet her…shows his love for her….
-Twists throughout the story…
What not…not just this and that..
Everything in this journey to Chennai to meet Shreya is amazing….
Ayushi
Quite pathetic, I anyway Hate the IIT genre of thrash writing that has flooded the markets. This crap doesn't have even campus life or wit to keep me going. To Tushar Raheja, please stick to electromagnetism because you really CAN'T write a novel.
Sundeep Supertramp
This is the author's, Tushar Raheja's, first book that I am reading. I also learnt from the back of the book that he is also the author of another work of fiction titled Romi. I've never heard of that book, though. There is not much to be expected from him. Actually I picked up this book because a friend of mine asked to read it. So here I am writing the review for it... And one more thing, he is another one from those generation of IITians who turned authors.

Plot:
The whole story deals with Teja
Eti Mishra
Anything for you, Ma'am tells the story of Tejas Narula, an IITian (IIT Delhi) who falls in love with Sherya, his love. And for her sake, he with his friend's help manages to visit her home town in Chennai by skipping the mandatory Industrial tour. The book is all about the the college life in IIT, the journey of the protagonist, Tejas from Delhi to Chennai, his mental skirmishes with Mr. Fate and lastly, the Biobull, a revolutionary bus. Interestingly, all the above proved fruitless to me :(
Ashwini Vaishali
one of the worst books I ve read...the actual plot could have been covered in 40 pages but the author extended it to 250 pages adding all cheesy and filmy content. We can just flip through that part. Not recommended for people who are expecting something on the lines of five point someone.
Himani
A page turner for sure!
The novel has quite a good storyline...could have been more intense, with a lesser doze of philosophizing, glorifying and contemplating about 'everything'! Some editing and the book will deserve 5 starts all throughout!
Kritika
Nothing gr8 u'l find here........but if u r luking 4 something entertaining den go for it......d story has huge potential of being woven into a masala bollywood movie.....infact dis is wat d buk itself says(read at the back summary)
Aniket Mahajani
A plain narrative & an obvious story full of some unnecessary events, too detailed n lengthy plots & sober dialogues. You can see all this in any indian movie..nothing new, a typical indian love story...!
Divyanshu Jain
Tushar Raheja is a very fine writer. It is his 1st novel but does'nt seems like.. It touched the heart of many including mine too... After this novel i think that i was correct.. "I don't Hate Love Stories..."
Sanchita Sarkar
This is a light book. Can be taken up for those who read while travelling to and from work.

Below is my review on it:

kapil
colg life, thrill, nice storytelling, too many coincidences - looks artificial - author wanted to make a movie on it - right ! such coincidences only happen in movies. :P
Sampada Deshpande
This author/editor duo make Chetan Bhagat look like a hero. Reference: the death of English as we know it.
Guruprasadh Sekar
Fine jovial book. Not much interesting need patience to read
Rikky Bhartia
A shit of a book, Couldn't even complete reading it, read it long back, may be more than a year and even now when someone recommended this book to me, I got an anger shot, I dragged reading it to more than 70% but after then couldn't tolerate it anymore, and cursed myself for reading and wasting my time on it...

A waste, total waste, this is the one of three books I feel so out of numerous I have read. I feel bad for author writing this as he also must have worked hard but it's a fact, nothing in
Siddharth
Great Book... Nyc Love story
Abhi
Anything for you ma'am......

Firstly, I would appreciate the author Tushar Raheja for penning it down and succeeding in getting it published. Secondly, I don't understand how could publishing house published it without even brushing up its grammar. As an author he did what all he could do but failed in meeting the standards.

It was the story about Tejas Narula's and his journey to meet his love Shreya Bhargava, who lives in Chennai. It was a sweet love story to which all youngsters can connect w
Vaibhav Vats
Dec 07, 2014 Vaibhav Vats rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Unknown
It's been ages Can't recall exactly, It was my 4th or 5th read. I was a college student, a starter though. I liked its pace. that did match to my own pace. Nice story but something was exaggerated in it, I mean for read it doesn't happen at all. (sequence of events falling in fortunate line). Anyway who wants real, we pay to see/read beyond real. Don't we.
Nikhil Gupta
I have not read for quite some time, So wanted to pick up reading again. I started with this book, thinking that it will be easy to read and myself being engineering student it will be easy to relate to this story. The book was below par with my expectation. It is full of twists. The guy seems to have some plan for every problem, and to the extent he goes to meet his love, makes this unrealistic. Initially I liked the twists but at a point it started getting boring as you know this is going fine ...more
Zara Khan
This book is a fast-paced read and really funny....the main character Tejes is is smart,quick and funny.the story is like a spin on all the classy tales which are about a price crossing oceans,deserts,climbing mountains, facing dragons to get to the princess except here in the modern world this guy is crossing all the huddles from bunking an industrial tour to jumping in a train attacked by decoits.poor guy,even thinks about breaking his foot which of course he doesn't...because he is a master o ...more
Deepak Singh
I read this book a long time back, around 6 years back when I was an engineering student. From now and then my reading pattern and choices have changed. So today if I asked I would say that this is a good one time read but only for college/school guys especially ones in love
Ram Kashyap
Anything for you ma'am..

A nice attempt by the writer to pen down his tale is the best i can say about the book..
If you have or had a partner, you will surely relate to this book because of the sweet, and lovely conversation between the characters..

One more thing, if you are reading this book hoping that its a real story, then BEWARE.. You might end up disappointed..
I don't claim that the story is fake, but some coincidents in the book are really hard to believe.. The masala in this book is t
One of the best refreshing books ever. 7 72 Nov 18, 2013 09:45PM
  • OOPS! 'I' fell in love! just by chance...
  • A Thing Beyond Forever
  • Anything Else But Love
  • Delayed Monsoon
  • Right Fit Wrong Shoe
  • Almost Single
  • Trust Me: a romantic comedy set in Bollywood
  • Just Friends
  • Of Course I Love You...! Till I Find Someone Better...
  • A Roller Coaster Ride - When an IITian Met a Bitsian Girl
  • Cricket till I die!
  • Zero Percentile – Missed IIT Kissed Russia
Romi and Gang

“leave not a speck.that may cause a wreck...” 8 likes
“I have neither the ability of a poet or the flourish of a dramatist. But I must admit I was floored” 4 likes