Start by marking “Entertaining Your Indoor Cat: 50 Fun and Inventive Amusements for Your Cat” as Want to Read:
Entertaining Your Indoor Cat: 50 Fun and Inventive Amusements for Your Cat

Entertaining Your Indoor Cat: 50 Fun and Inventive Amusements for Your Cat

2.52 of 5 stars 2.52  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Entertaining Your Indoor Cat contains more than 50 games, activities, and simple projects, accompanied by original illustrations, that cat parents will have fun using, adapting, and creating to help them stimulate and interact with their kitties.
Published October 21st 2008 by Sellers Publishing Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Entertaining Your Indoor Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Entertaining Your Indoor Cat

Marie
Alright, for the most of this it was cute and had some pretty basic ideas but there is one in here that is a big screaming DON'T DO IT.
It's called the "Stakeout". Leash and harness a cat, yes. I do it. My cats love it. But stake them out in the yard? NO! NO! NO! Cats ARE NOT dogs. Anyone whose had a cat longer than five minutes know that cats love to wiggle through small spaces and squeeze around things. And harnesses will hold them, but they CAN get out of them if they can pull against the leas
Colin
Feb 01, 2010 Colin rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: hopelessly unimaginitive cat owners, veterinary offices in need of waiting-room reading material
Shelves: nonfiction
I recieved this book as a gift and it was not something I would normally look to buy. It is pretty much what you would expect: there are lots of games listed inside but many ofthem are different versions of the same thig (such as throwing a toy mouse). While some of these games are interesting and things I have not thought of, very few are something that I feel would significantly improve the entertainment level of either my cat or myself.
There are a few things in here which I found to be more
Une Touche de Vermillon
There were some interesting ideas in the book that I wouldn't have thought of myself. However, there was a lot of repitition in the games suggested (a lot of them were the same 'tie something on a string' game and wave it in front of your cat).
Beth
This was a cute book was a bunch of good ideas for entertaining an indoor cat. Most of the ideas would be very simple to assemble, but there were some that would require a bit more work, if that appeals to you.

I also thought the illustrations were really cute, and I loved some of the humorous wording in the instructions, such as needing "one standard intolerant cat", or "a cat with claws and an ounce of courage". haha :) My favorite was for the 'Rodeo Mouse and Cowboy Kitten' amusement, where a
Jen Burke
It's not that I didn't like this book so much as I had hoped to find a few ways to make some cheap toys for my cats. But out of the 50 suggestions in the book, only 3 or 4 are novel or non-obvious to anyone who knows anything about cats. Plus, most of the 50 amusements listed are variations of a single theme (e.g., 1) tie a mouse to a string, 2) tie a feather to a string, 3) tie something else to a string). So maybe a good book for a novice owner, but not so good for others.
Kristal Cooper
As a life-long kitty lover, I found this book to be very elemetary. Only two of the ideas seemed particularly "inventive" to me. It would, however, be the perfect book to give a family when they adopt their first lucky feline. I'll hope to find someone who fits that bill so I can pass it on soon.
Jessica
There weren't many ideas in this book that we haven't figured out on our own. There are several that would put me in the Crazy Cat Lady category, so I think we'll just settle for the status quo with the exercise regimen for our feline companions.
Robyn Walsh
Robyn Walsh marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Kris
Kris added it
Jul 12, 2014
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Brian Burgess
Brian Burgess marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Maura
Maura marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2013
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2012
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
More about Kevin Kelly...
Asia Grace DO! the pursuit of xceptional execution The Silver Cord (Book 1) True Films 1.0 Ceo: The Low Down On The Top Job